Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 27. (Read 33415 times)

copper member
Activity: 2
Merit: 12
It's really exciting to see such a positive response here on BCT.  And I also appreciate all of the thoughtful questions -- and the constructive feedback.  I'm even more proud to see members of the Merit community chiming in and answering before a core team member has even had the chance to! 

Anyway, I'll try to start knocking out a couple answers now.

How do MeritMoney Links Work? - From @scambuster and steener83
First, MeritMoney links are the same as the "Escrow" links that we put in the title and in the main announcement.  We used the term "Escrow" because we thought that it would be clearer and easier to understand for a more advanced audience like the one here on BCT.  (We are still working to build awareness around MeritMoney Links as a concept.)

MeritMoney Links have some interesting properties that enable people to easily send/receive MRT, even when the recipient does not have a wallet yet.  The tricky part in doing this, of course, comes down to doing it without centralization.

We actually implemented this at the protocol level with the creation of a new OPCODE that we call EASYSEND.  The idea here is that the user is able to use a decentralized (blockchain-based) escrow for any transaction they wish.  These transactions are signed by the sender, like any normal transaction, and sent to an intermediary escrow address, where they wait to be claimed or cancelled (if cancelled, they will be reclaimed by the sender.) 

When a MeritMoney link is being created, Merit is creating a SecretKey under the hood will be used as part of the payload to claim the Escrow from the blockchain.  When creating the Escrow on the blockchain, the sender also has the option to add a timeout as well as a secondary password.  These will be assembled together to create the Escrow on the blockchain. 

The recipient simply must produce the relevant secrets needed to claim the Escrow from the blockchain.  This will, at the very least, include the SecretKey and the expiration blocktime.  This same mechanism is used by the sender if they are going to cancel and reclaim the MeritMoney link.

So, if you, as a user are creating a MeritMoney link without adding a secondary password, then the link is as good as the money!  This is, of course, the way that fiat works -- a dollar bill is spendable as soon as you pick it up off the street.  The ultimate design of this on-blockchain  escrow is to make it easy for people to send small amounts of money to eachother.  If you are sending a large amoutn of money to someone, then it's a good practice to add a secondary password.  This way, if the link is intercepted, the bad actor cannot actually access the funds.

----

To make these escrows portable, we simply create a standard URI structure that can be used via the Web (as we do in our Web Wallet) or via a desktop protocol handler.  The application just needs to know how to assemble the MeritMoney link's secrets together to attempt to claim the escrow on the blockchain.  Today, our mobile wallets (Android + iOS), our Desktop LightWallet, and the WebWallet all know how to do this.

You can find more detail in the BluePaper in section 6.1 - Frictionless Transactions.

I hope that helps!
copper member
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I'm a Free Software Developer.
Well, I think that the team needs to promote the project on various platforms including social media platform as well as the forum

Do you have any specific place you think would be great to promote on besides the standard twitter, facebook, and reddit?
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
Well, I think that the team needs to promote the project on various platforms including social media platform as well as the forum

Great. Idea. 🏆
Hi guys.
I read that 3 page whitepaper first before browsing through the posts here.
I got few question in the whitepaper but all got cleared up when I started browsing the forum post.

Hey! Well that's great to hear. Let me know if any other questions come up, I'll be in and out for the next few hours 👍
Activity: 36
Hi guys.
I read that 3 page whitepaper first before browsing through the posts here.
I got few question in the whitepaper but all got cleared up when I started browsing the forum post.
Activity: 16
What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

Is there a determined amount of growth rewards per invite?

There is a rank system. Every invite gives you some points. The more merit your invitee owns the more points you receive from this invite. More points give you a better position. The better the position the higher the reward.
copper member
Activity: 38
Interest in Merit is growing here too, and new folks are joining every day. Nice that some positivity is getting things done ^^
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
If u need an invitation then pm me or u can register by yourself  https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=saher. GLHF
Activity: 174
Merit: 102
Hi, what functionality do you planning to implement next?
This is a great plan, Is the platform open for testing, I would love to work with the API, What are the requirements I need to get started, also is there a bounty program for this idea?

This sounds like a copy/paste comment you might post everywhere , but if not.

The platform is LIVE - not in testnet or alpha etc. this is usable and functional

What specifically are you looking to help with with API etc? you can always visit the discord and offer to help!
Activity: 20
Why haven't I heard of this before? Have you tried bringing it to any media outlets to get more exposure?
There actually were some articles around the web, also Adil had some speaking, check jayk306's post on first page, he summarized some. But as far as I know it wasn't (and still not) pushed very hard, firstly the product should be great to use, then promote it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Why haven't I heard of this before? Have you tried bringing it to any media outlets to get more exposure?
Activity: 32
This is a great plan, Is the platform open for testing, I would love to work with the API, What are the requirements I need to get started, also is there a bounty program for this idea?

The Merit Market is our first exchange. =] We have not talked to any third-party exchanges yet, but we plan to reach out to them soon. We followed this strategy for many reasons.

We wanted to be sure that we provided a remarkably simple and easy way for new users to Merit (and crypto in general) to get their hands on Merit.

Additionally, because Merit is invite only, exchanges will have to do a little extra work in order to list MRT. We have several ways to facilitate this process, but in the short term we will continue to support the Market.

I think they have something more unique and special.

Hello KAMO287!

Just a question.

Why do you sometimes speak using "us" and other times using "them" referring to development?

Could you make it clear if you are part of the team? Or are you just a fan/hodler?

Thank you.

Hey! Sorry I had to run, but I didnt even realize I was using Us/Them. Good catch.

I am not a core team member, or even team member at all. I am a fan of the concept and think THEY really have something here. Also, like many others I too want to build my community on merit.

Instead of spamming my invite link - I try to educate and help. Just a different approach!

I hope that helps clear this up!
copper member
What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

No, growth rewards are not determined per invite. They are determined by the coin age of your wallet plus your networks. The computation is actually much more complicated than that, so if you want the details of it I suggest reading the bluepaper (https://www.merit.me/uploads/2018/bluepaper.pdf) section 4.
Activity: 20
No, it's not, all depends on how active user you will be able to invite with that invite
Activity: 182
Merit: 1

copper member
It seems like a lot of thought has gone into this project and all the features. Is this the first time this team has made a cryptocurrency?

All the developers are very experienced in building software! I personally have been hacking since 1996 (22 years) and this is not my first decentralized software (check my Firestr project). This is my first cryptocurrency and there are definitely unique challenges for building one, but I think it shows through our work we have handled them well and have taken this very seriously. I'm definitely proud of the work we did so far.
Activity: 49
Hello Team, can you elaborate on the Physical POS Terminal i read on Ann page? Does it means that there will be POS on mobile as well?
Do you have a bounty program?
You may be confusing with some other projects. There's no POS terminals involved.
Activity: 7
It seems like a lot of thought has gone into this project and all the features. Is this the first time this team has made a cryptocurrency?

I've been involved as an investor with plenty of projects, this team is hands down
one of the best I've seen.  They rival even coins that are in the top 25.  They are
super transparant, hard working, and code their asses off.  

Oh and not to mention, they actually have a good eye for design.  Because god knows,
most of these coins have interfaces and user experiences that are dog shit. 
Pages:
Jump to: