Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 28. (Read 33415 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I am very excited with this idea. This is the first of its kind with unique features. I've no doubt that it will surely moon and we see how this business create really infostructure for crypto enthusiasts.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
It seems like a lot of thought has gone into this project and all the features. Is this the first time this team has made a cryptocurrency?
Activity: 7
What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

I'm more curious about why Merit decided to use an invite system in the first place. It's just a way to reward people for bringing new members in? Or is it a way to keep Merit more exclusive?

I'd give this a watch:

https://youtu.be/SfLI2B0UPsk
copper member
Activity: 33
I'm a Free Software Developer.
What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

I'm more curious about why Merit decided to use an invite system in the first place. It's just a way to reward people for bringing new members in? Or is it a way to keep Merit more exclusive?

It was used for a couple reasons.

• Create a valuable identity on the blockchain.
  • Reduce the rate at which bad actors can function in the system.
  • Provide stable growth which can provide some price stability.
  • Enables Proof-of-Growth to work.
Activity: 193
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

Activity: 35
Hello Team, can you elaborate on the Physical POS Terminal i read on Ann page? Does it means that there will be POS on mobile as well?
Do you have a bounty program?
copper member
Activity: 33
I'm a Free Software Developer.
You can mine this?? Or only the invite tokens? I'd love to put one of my rigs to work on this.

Get an invite from someone and download the desktop wallet: https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-merit-desktop
You can mine directly from the wallet with your CPU and GPUs.
Activity: 20

The Merit Market is our first exchange. =] We have not talked to any third-party exchanges yet, but we plan to reach out to them soon. We followed this strategy for many reasons.

We wanted to be sure that we provided a remarkably simple and easy way for new users to Merit (and crypto in general) to get their hands on Merit.

Additionally, because Merit is invite only, exchanges will have to do a little extra work in order to list MRT. We have several ways to facilitate this process, but in the short term we will continue to support the Market.

I think they have something more unique and special.

Hello KAMO287!

Just a question.

Why do you sometimes speak using "us" and other times using "them" referring to development?

Could you make it clear if you are part of the team? Or are you just a fan/hodler?

Thank you.
Speaking "us" was quote from FAQ, but, I am also not member of core team and I like to use term "us" as Merit community, whole project is community targeted, so join "us" and feel free to speaking as "us" Wink
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
You can mine this?? Or only the invite tokens? I'd love to put one of my rigs to work on this.
Activity: 49
Merit: 2
Activity: 49
Except you need an invite to buy them from what I understand? How does that work?
No you wouldn't need to buy invite to create a wallet. You use someone's invite link to create a wallet in Merit. Thereafter, that wallet needs to be activated using an invite token (can be bought or mined). Your inviter will send you a token. Some of us send extra tokens since it is in our best interest that you grow your community/network on Merit. Similarly, others can use your invite link to create their own wallets in Merit. But they will need to be sent an invite token each to activate their wallets as well.

Invite tokens are created and airdropped to wallets (these invite tokens are called mined invites) based on growth score, new addresses, randomness, mining activity. Also, invites can be traded.
Activity: 193
Good day, all!
Hello to everyone! I still need to study the whitepaper of this project. But what payments methods can I use in order to buy your tokens for holding?

First, you need an invite to create a wallet. Go to https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-invite-application

Second, go to https://market.merit.me and login using your private wallet seed.

Third, buy some Merit paying with BTC.

Except you need an invite to buy them from what I understand? How does that work?

if you head to ithe website you can ask for one there, there will be someone who will send you an invite.

or even better hope into the discord channel https://discord.gg/U8hVCW and then just go to the invites room. always people looking to invite in there Smiley

questions are quicker answered usually there as well.

Activity: 56
Here is what I think so far:

• Strong team
  • Well-executed product
  • Seems like strong community
  • PoG is a pretty good idea

My only concern now is really about timing.  Many of us here are crypto fans, and have been watching bitcoin a long time.  And, there has been a lot of growth in users in the last 12 months, but I think most of them are investors, not "daily users."

So I am wondering -- when will crypto "go mass market?"  Or maybe, "will crypto ever go mass market?"  If the answer here is "no", then of course it means trouble for all cryptos.

Merit seems to be on the right track in making it easier.   If it continues its growth, but not just for the sake of investment, but actually for usage, then I think this project could be very well positioned.

Excellent summary here.  I agree with most of it.

Maybe I'm too much of a crypto fanboy, but I believe that it will eventually replace fiat.  I do think that the ups and downs of it are painful, though.

What I do love is just how fast a TXN can go through with crypto (on anything but BTC, lol).  But it still kind of seems like most everyday users are not used to "holding the keys to their money."

Credit cards and other stuff is easy because you can call the bank if something goes wrong...

this is the issue that needs overcoming. Right now we can blame banks, thaats a hard thing to give up!! Merit does have a cnacel transaction feature in there, though ihavent tried it myself.
Activity: 56
Good day, all!
Hello to everyone! I still need to study the whitepaper of this project. But what payments methods can I use in order to buy your tokens for holding?

First, you need an invite to create a wallet. Go to https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-invite-application

if you head to ithe website you can ask for one there, there will be someone who will send you an invite.

or even better hope into the discord channel https://discord.gg/U8hVCW and then just go to the invites room. always people looking to invite in there Smiley

questions are quicker answered usually there as well.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Good day, all!

Activity: 36
Good day, all!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

• Strong team
  • Well-executed product

My only concern now is really about timing.  Many of us here are crypto fans, and have been watching bitcoin a long time.  And, there has been a lot of growth in users in the last 12 months, but I think most of them are investors, not "daily users."

So I am wondering -- when will crypto "go mass market?"  Or maybe, "will crypto ever go mass market?"  If the answer here is "no", then of course it means trouble for all cryptos.

Merit seems to be on the right track in making it easier.   If it continues its growth, but not just for the sake of investment, but actually for usage, then I think this project could be very well positioned.

Excellent summary here.  I agree with most of it.

Maybe I'm too much of a crypto fanboy, but I believe that it will eventually replace fiat.  I do think that the ups and downs of it are painful, though.

What I do love is just how fast a TXN can go through with crypto (on anything but BTC, lol).  But it still kind of seems like most everyday users are not used to "holding the keys to their money."

Credit cards and other stuff is easy because you can call the bank if something goes wrong...
Activity: 34
This is a plan that addresses the people’s problem and pays for the goods. The allocation of funds on each business item is one of the factors that can compete with other plans for the same purpose in the market. The community paid much attention to the issue. Can you share more detail?
Activity: 70

• Strong team
  • Well-executed product

Thanks for doing your own research and the recap. that's more than a lot of crypto readers  Grin

I agree that Bitcoin will struggle with mass adoption due to a handful of reasons, but the investor mentality for sure.

Not that Merit isnt an investment (or gamble however you see it) but the points you made about the team + product + community + creative approach to growth rewards ... I think they have something more unique and special.

Building the bridge to future exchanges and future retailers + shops that have little crypto background will be a HUGE win.

I recall one of the Devs saying the primary audience isnt the crypto community - it's the ocean of the real world users. Very encouraging.
Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

• Strong team
  • Well-executed product

Pages:
Jump to: