Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Metaverse|decentralised open platform of digital assets & digital identity - page 16. (Read 66967 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
dodopool.com operator
This keeps happening...
Someone knows how to break the network and keeps breaking it.

valid solutions keeps getting rejected by the network. I have been feeding debugs for metaverse team but this issue keeps hitting mining over and over again. This by the way effect all pools accept the big Chinese one. No comment..

Code:
20171203T231754 DEBUG [consensus] put_result nonce:37c01677f7d5c09 mix_hash:0xbc86145996cb191e05da02372faf77b425cf7b34b5580d4e9ab4e1d2825a3278 fail
20171203T232806 DEBUG [consensus] put_result nonce:354128fb6fb08979 mix_hash:0xde004e60912840c3c736c65980e2e0fc41e88b5f6e4e89f52ddaded8d06896d5 fail
20171203T233045 DEBUG [consensus] put_result nonce:b1a1c4c30d429e11 mix_hash:0x1cd81cc39e41ca0cab1b704769f1672e5e2128e8aefd35607f49e3c477ed0732 fail
20171203T234633 DEBUG [consensus] put_result nonce:60f328236ad0644b mix_hash:0x571d38670de517e635969e121479b2befc2eac4d0f130593b3b4e3253529bbda fail
Activity: 318
What's up with these Metaverse blockchain express updates? Are they supposed to have something to do with ETP, because they don't seem like they do...
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
I didnt have internet access for about a week. anyone can tell me what happened on Nov 29th?  I can see ETP flash crashed to 0.05. ?! was it real price or bitfinex chart glitch?
Activity: 294
This is a very complex market and does not lend for how long. Good luck to you.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon
where do i find the road map
Activity: 504
November Roundup

November has passed in a flash, and Christmas is now almost upon us. It has been a bumpy ride for the entire cryptocurrency and blockchain community, due in no small part to the uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin and 2X. Regardless, the Metaverse team has continued to invest a good amount of time overseas this month interacting with other firms in the fintech and blockchain space and has gained invaluable insights along the way. We are extremely encouraged by the raw vitality of the industry, and it spurs us to forge ahead.

http://blog.mvs.org/2017/12/01/november-roundup/
Activity: 34
Merit: 3

SOLO/PPLNT combined mining pool now available! There is some features:

• 4 stratum servers for SOLO or/and PPLNT mining with different difficulty
  • PPLNT round is set to 30 minutes
  • authorized and anonymous mining
  • fast confirmation: required only 50 confirms (authorization required)! Nicehash solo miners will be happy!
  • payouts every 10 minutes
  • no pool fee - 0%!
  • full block reward with all TX and asset creation fees

Welcome to http://comining.io

Activity: 504
How does Metaverse Governance system differ from Bitcoin Governance?(part2)

The paper introduced a comprehensive overview of the Bitcoin ecosystem and provide a simple model so that further studies can use the model exposed to quantitatively analysis and improve the Bitcoin industry. In addition, it clearly exposes some of the issues faced early in the development of Bitcoin. They also outline an economic and technological framework to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of the different stakeholders and risks faced by Bitcoin.

Additionally, Kroll, Davey and Felten (2013) provide guidance as to what the role of a Bitcoin Governance body should be. They clearly state the key issues faced by Bitcoin in 2013 and provide their insights based on their own experience.
I personally believe this is an excellent introduction to the Bitcoin ecosystem and one of the most advanced academic works I have read about Bitcoin. This also sets a standard for future research, which is needed to solve key issues and improve the network.

https://medium.com/@mvs_org/how-does-metaverse-governance-system-differ-from-bitcoin-governance-part2-822d3b25b3b0
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
Current issues / my concerns about Metaverse

1-) Consensus / Orphans / Block chain security
Given the low hash rate at the moment some big miners/pools are dropping nodes, creating longer chains and submit replacing these blocks some 8-10 minutes after a block is mined. Sometimes they do replace 10 blocks at a time, ignoring any transactions and/or confirmations inside these blocks. This is at the moment only used as a mining advantage and they are not messing with transactions but it also mean they can if they want to.

Thanks to the orphans created this way network wide orphan rate on metaverse is over 10% some days. A developer of metaverse I helped to test the issue with (on slack) acknowledged the issue, but that was almost 15 days ago, with no-one addressing or fixing the issue.

Conclusion:
So security of the blockchain is not a priority for metaverse (apparently)

2- Difficulty algorithm / re-targeting / deposit freezing times
I posted following on slack on 20th of November (only 8 days ago)
are you going to fix the difficulty algorithm in next wallet release? the block time is increasing about 1 second every month.
average block time between blocks: 727042 - 729042 (todays block up until now) was 33.7005 seconds
average block time was 31 seconds in the beginning of october
this keeps lowering mining rewards and pushes "lock" periods further away.
1.7 seconds is a huge deal if you think there are about 3000 blocks every day. (3000 x 1.7 = 5100 seconds = 85 minutes per day!)

response in a a private message from metaverse was
Hello, Kali. The network fixing version will be released soon(probably next week), while for the difficulty algorithm, it'll be fixed in the next big version wallet, which assumes taking 3 months.

So freezing times you see in the wallet is increasing by 85 minutes every day, and mining income is decreasing accordingly.

Today I checked the block times again (you can also go to explorer and verify these times)
Since midday until this post today:
Block : 749300 28/11/2017 13:42:50
Block : 749776 28/11/2017 18:19:47
Average block time 34.9 seconds, That is 1.2 seconds increase per block in just 10 days!

People already (rightly) complain about freeze times are being way off the promised times. If block times keep increasing at this rate, current 1 year freezes will not unfreeze in less than 4 years.
Conclusion:
Miners, (indirectly hashrate, and security of the network) or investors freezing their coins are not a priority for metaverse
Hello there.
For your first concern, the issue will be addressed in next version full-node wallet which is coming soon.
About the second concern, please calculate these days generated time again, you would find out the time speed decreases by more than 1 second.
dodopool.com operator
Current issues / my concerns about Metaverse

1-) Consensus / Orphans / Block chain security
Given the low hash rate at the moment some big miners/pools are dropping nodes, creating longer chains and submit replacing these blocks some 8-10 minutes after a block is mined. Sometimes they do replace 10 blocks at a time, ignoring any transactions and/or confirmations inside these blocks. This is at the moment only used as a mining advantage and they are not messing with transactions but it also mean they can if they want to.

Thanks to the orphans created this way network wide orphan rate on metaverse is over 10% some days. A developer of metaverse I helped to test the issue with (on slack) acknowledged the issue, but that was almost 15 days ago, with no-one addressing or fixing the issue.

Conclusion:
So security of the blockchain is not a priority for metaverse (apparently)

2- Difficulty algorithm / re-targeting / deposit freezing times
I posted following on slack on 20th of November (only 8 days ago)
are you going to fix the difficulty algorithm in next wallet release? the block time is increasing about 1 second every month.
average block time between blocks: 727042 - 729042 (todays block up until now) was 33.7005 seconds
average block time was 31 seconds in the beginning of october
this keeps lowering mining rewards and pushes "lock" periods further away.
1.7 seconds is a huge deal if you think there are about 3000 blocks every day. (3000 x 1.7 = 5100 seconds = 85 minutes per day!)

response in a a private message from metaverse was
Hello, Kali. The network fixing version will be released soon(probably next week), while for the difficulty algorithm, it'll be fixed in the next big version wallet, which assumes taking 3 months.

So freezing times you see in the wallet is increasing by 85 minutes every day, and mining income is decreasing accordingly.

Today I checked the block times again (you can also go to explorer and verify these times)
Since midday until this post today:
Block : 749300 28/11/2017 13:42:50
Block : 749776 28/11/2017 18:19:47
Average block time 34.9 seconds, That is 1.2 seconds increase per block in just 10 days!

People already (rightly) complain about freeze times are being way off the promised times. If block times keep increasing at this rate, current 1 year freezes will not unfreeze in less than 4 years.
Conclusion:
Miners, (indirectly hashrate, and security of the network) or investors freezing their coins are not a priority for metaverse
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I think this project will make sence. Just following.
Activity: 756
Merit: 269
Metaverse is a decentralised platform based on blockchain technology. Metaverse is building a web of Smart Properties and establishing an open ecosystem in which digital value can be circulated freely.

Eric Gu explains Metaverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyIj5hpUSQ&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
The ETP wallet version 0.7.1 does not work. I had a problem when launching the wallet, it just couldn't start. I reinstalled ETP wallet.
Then i tried to restore the wallet with mnemonic but it displays 0 address and a balance of 0. And i can't create a new address. I will wait for the next update of the wallet to try again... They have a problem in their wallets. The light wallet doesn't work too. It displays the transactions but with 0 amount and the wallet is at 0... So i suppose i didn't put a false mnemonic as there was transactions in the wallet. In the blockchain explorer, the amount of ETP is still at the initial address of the wallet.

Hi there, please go to slack to have a detail talk with admin who might help you for the issue.
Slack address:http://metaverse-prject.herokuapp.com/
dodopool.com operator
Custom seed? Could you please explain it more?

Right now it is only possible to use a seed that is generated automatically by the webwallet. It would be great if it was possible to use our own generated seed(using our own 24 words).
aha, I see. Do you have any example for this?

I don't think this is possible on a decentralised chain. Your private key (or seed words) has to be unique across the network. The auto generating algorithm used is a deterministic random one. Meaning someone else will not accidentally get your private key. If a network allows user generated private key, then there has to be a central place where you "submit" your private key to, and then this central place checks if your key is unique or not. (not sure but may be possible with masternodes?)

Also this should not be allowed in any case, because you know what? users are stupid Smiley People will try to generate seeds called "seed" or "secret password 123"

In any case it is too much buck for very little to no bang
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
ETP is steadily rising from the bottoms. Partnerships with big companies like Draper and many others has brought ETP to a whole new level. this is definitely one of the most undervalued coin now with huge potential. time will tell Smiley
Activity: 798
The ETP wallet version 0.7.1 does not work. I had a problem when launching the wallet, it just couldn't start. I reinstalled ETP wallet.
Then i tried to restore the wallet with mnemonic but it displays 0 address and a balance of 0. And i can't create a new address. I will wait for the next update of the wallet to try again... They have a problem in their wallets. The light wallet doesn't work too. It displays the transactions but with 0 amount and the wallet is at 0... So i suppose i didn't put a false mnemonic as there was transactions in the wallet. In the blockchain explorer, the amount of ETP is still at the initial address of the wallet.
Activity: 567
Merit: 502
Hey yo let's go
how can I get paid in that pool?

http://etp.altpool.pro/

I am kinda confuse how I get paid, on ethermine it is very simple to setup the wallet payment.

on this pool I cant do it.
dodopool.com operator
I dont know what you guys drink but we posted this info on 25 october. Why all pools still not fixed this problem? I can confirm that in the past there was a problem with cryptopoolpond, they did not pay correct amount to miners.

So... What is the best Metaverse pool for now? Dodopool or Sandpool better? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I am the operator of dodopool, you can probably guess Tongue
It'd be shameless of me to tell my pool is better here. Try them and see which one suits your needs better.

I have to mention I had a few chats with sandpool operator on slack, he sounds like a decent guy and I got nothing bad to say about him.
Pages:
Jump to: