Author

Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution | - page 365. (Read 742176 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
where is wallet   Huh Huh

pm the dev if you want it
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Perhaps it would be an idea to release the wallet 12-24 hours before POW is over?

If block generation is supposed to be POS-driven when POW is over, but very few coins are mature because all funds are fresh out of pools, the block generation is going to be very slow for many hours. In worst case we could be forced into a situation where a hard-fork-new-wallet-and-extended-POW is necessary to control the wild-forks.

Releasing the wallet now can hardly do any harm as competing pools would need a lot of miners to find any blocks at all and very few miners would want to reconfigure to get to a pool with same or higher fees. Yes, multipools and big-shark-rigrenters would get access and they could mine-to-dump during the last few hours, but that would also increase difficulty towards the end which is appropriate on the last day and would increase attention just when the coin is about to get accepted on a real exchange. Remember, there are no major x11/x13 coin releases during the next few days.

We could be on Bittrex already, when POS starts?
I think this is a good idea. However, in order to avoid potential abuse of the network I think it is better if we do it gradually. Looking what happened to FlashCoin which had only 12 hours of mining, I think there is reason to be concerned about network abuse if we release the source now. I will start to distribute windows wallet to those that PM me and who have posted in this thread. If you want to receive windows wallet, please, PM me.

Please, dev - be careful with the "distribution" of the wallet. I hope it will be received only by members that posted here prior your post 'bout wallet release... This is the minimum, for me...

And the ones, that already received it - keep calm, we still have 1800+ blocks to mine...
Activity: 210
Tested, works OK
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
 where is wallet   Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Where is the wallet, not see him ?
Activity: 42
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
My wallet dont sync

works now Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Is MAC wallet available? I suppose next step is adding MIN to bittrex, that would be huge, and also a promise from dev at end of POW.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
pmed you dev!  Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
wallet works and sync flawless!

already received my MIN there !
great job dev !

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Also PM'd. Would love to get it.
Activity: 411
Merit: 252
Perhaps it would be an idea to release the wallet 12-24 hours before POW is over?

If block generation is supposed to be POS-driven when POW is over, but very few coins are mature because all funds are fresh out of pools, the block generation is going to be very slow for many hours. In worst case we could be forced into a situation where a hard-fork-new-wallet-and-extended-POW is necessary to control the wild-forks.

Releasing the wallet now can hardly do any harm as competing pools would need a lot of miners to find any blocks at all and very few miners would want to reconfigure to get to a pool with same or higher fees. Yes, multipools and big-shark-rigrenters would get access and they could mine-to-dump during the last few hours, but that would also increase difficulty towards the end which is appropriate on the last day and would increase attention just when the coin is about to get accepted on a real exchange. Remember, there are no major x11/x13 coin releases during the next few days.

I think this is a good idea. However, in order to avoid potential abuse of the network I think it is better if we do it gradually. Looking what happened to FlashCoin which had only 12 hours of mining, I think there is reason to be concerned about network abuse if we release the source now. I will start to distribute windows wallet to those that PM me and who have posted in this thread. If you want to receive windows wallet, please, PM me.
Please tell me I won't have to hack around in the source files to build it on Linux such as often happened in the past? Even MAX coin had this issue... pre-compiled Windows wallet by the team and a mess for building on Mac & Linux

PMed, thx Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Minerals Dev

Activity: 158
price and volume up up up
250 Votes in MintPal Smiley

just made it 251 votes !
cmon guys keep voting, every an hour!
Activity: 16
how long until PoW end? will wallet be available to download after that?

around 12 hours from now,wallet will be available to download after Pow end    Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
CCEX sales trend has turned around in a buy trend. I think the people are starting to buy up minerals. If you havent bought yet time is running out.
Activity: 193

+ 1 , Wallet release just before POW end ,  like small promoting for Mineral
Activity: 238
how long until PoW end? will wallet be available to download after that?

Really?

+1  Grin
Jump to: