Author

Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution | - page 399. (Read 742176 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
mitchellmint what history do you mean. don't talk non-sense. that's pure javascript. just use it offline if you want.
legendary
Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000
TRUSTplus Dev
I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. It was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the way we set up mining and initially they were ok with listing us until they've realized that pools are controlled by us. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and at least it provides way to store your coins .

I really like what you have done.  It was an extremely hard for me to understand.  A person with limited hash can now compete with 2Ghs Farms.  I have been studying your launch and if another coin wishes to try this type of launch I will be able to offer suggestions with some sense of understanding.

Paper Wallets are an excellent place to store coins.  I would prefer people starve the market of the coins before selling them for chump change. 

To the Dev: Can you confirm that if a coin is placed in a paper wallet, it will PoS from the day it was transferred to that wallet?
legendary
paper wallet launching very soon

I already have it.   Use Decimal 50.  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

yes but now you have it customized for Minerals
http://coinok.pw/wallet/min

Its not all that hard.  I just take the Bulk Wallet Codes and plug it into a PDF that makes QRs.  In this instance, I just needed a place to dump my coins.  

I print 11x17 sheets with 8 dollar bill size of private money for events.  Ron White calls them COOO-pins.  I use different coins but keep to the fab 5 (BTC,LTC,FTC,DOGE and CCX)  Minerals is extremely new and SUPER digital.  I might print a sheet and have a celestial artist paint something super cool and load it up with coins.  Starcraft Dollars would be cool.

Keep hashing!!

what's your point. use the service you want nobody is forcing you to use it.
legendary
TRUSTplus Dev

I already have it.   Use Decimal 50.  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

yes but now you have it customized for Minerals
http://coinok.pw/wallet/min

Its not all that hard.  I just take the Bulk Wallet Codes and plug it into a PDF that makes QRs.  In this instance, I just needed a place to dump my coins.  

I print 11x17 sheets with 8 dollar bill size of private money for events.  Ron White calls them COOO-pins.  I use different coins but keep to the fab 5 (BTC,LTC,FTC,DOGE and CCX)  Minerals is extremely new and SUPER digital.  I might print a sheet and have a celestial artist paint something super cool and load it up with coins.  Starcraft Dollars would be cool.

Keep hashing!!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
TO ALL NOOBS AND GREEDY PEOPLE THIS COIN WILL NOT HAVE A WALLET AND WILL NOT BE ADDED

TO BITTREX MINTPAL ECT UNTILL                                          POW HAS FINISHED

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS THEN PLEASE GO MINE SOMETHING ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING!!

AND NO AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS OF WHY AND BITCHING WILL CHANGE THIS.

THIS COIN IS NOT FOR YOU GO AND TRADE AND MINE CLOAK AND BITCH AND FUD ON THEIR FORUM

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING Grin

legendary
scratch game!!  Smiley Wink Cheesy

http://coinok.pw/scratch/min

please donate to increase prizes
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. It was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the way we set up mining and initially they were ok with listing us until they've realized that pools are controlled by us. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and at least it provides way to store your coins .

hope bittrex add MIN
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

OK, as long as u r still working on it.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and it provides way to store your coins at least.

+1

this is a novel concept we're throwing hashes at.  Minerals Dev deserves their 1%, they are providing trusted pools, and working on a way to keep the big farms and deep pockets from gaining the upperhand.  I mean you guys were going to pay 1% to somebody anyways right?  The proof is in the pudding that we have a working daemon (c-cex must)  The pools have been stable for me (oops I used US East & Europe) If you need money tomorrow please direct bitching and hash somewhere else.  If you can wait until this time next week or earlier continue here. POS will begin for everyone equally its going to be great.  I look forward to POW ending and the rest of the exchanges adding us.  I heard tf2honeybadger at poloniex say he is open to potentially adding it after pow but shared the same concerns now as bittrex manager richie who spoke earlier.  

Dev maybe we can change the topic and outline what the plans are once POS takes hold and exchanges have added us.  What kind of hints to the future can you drop on us like a dangling carrot?!
Activity: 784
what do you guys get with 280x card, gigabyte in my case
3.2Mhs
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Minerals Dev
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
what do you guys get with 280x card, gigabyte in my case
Minerals Dev
Good explanation as to why Bittrex wont add this:

<@bittrex-rami> I don't like the concept
<@bittrex-rami> I don't want to encourage it
<@bittrex-rami> and source doesn't protect me from double spends
<@bittrex-rami> distributed hash does
What do you mean by distrubtuted hash?
*distributed
<@bittrex-rami> if anyone is in a position to do a 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> then I want to know about it, and disable that wallet
<@bittrex-rami> the way they've structured their launch
<@bittrex-rami> they control 100% of the hash
<@bittrex-rami> puts us at risk
yea, but they seem trust worthy, right RIGHT
<@bittrex-rami> now our systems would detect the first double spend and shut ti down
What is this 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> but it could still hurt me if the first batch of double spends was large enough
Thanks a lot! I will try to talk to them on their IRC chat.
Minerals Dev
i think its better off not being on an exchange at this time unless it was poloniex or bittrex.  i would take that ccex exchange off asap it only makes the coin look like shitcoin when u have it on 3rd tier exchanges.  i see a ton of new coins that go downhill by starting with the wrong exchange.  why dont u do a poll and decide what the community wants to do.  but at this point i m ready to jump ship.
The reason we pushed for exchange is so that people have an alternative way to store coins before we release wallets. Trading is a mere side effect. C-cex is top 3rd tier exchange and I think that it should have some trust.
Minerals Dev
Good explanation as to why Bittrex wont add this:

<@bittrex-rami> I don't like the concept
<@bittrex-rami> I don't want to encourage it
<@bittrex-rami> and source doesn't protect me from double spends
<@bittrex-rami> distributed hash does
What do you mean by distrubtuted hash?
*distributed
<@bittrex-rami> if anyone is in a position to do a 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> then I want to know about it, and disable that wallet
<@bittrex-rami> the way they've structured their launch
<@bittrex-rami> they control 100% of the hash
<@bittrex-rami> puts us at risk
yea, but they seem trust worthy, right RIGHT
<@bittrex-rami> now our systems would detect the first double spend and shut ti down
What is this 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> but it could still hurt me if the first batch of double spends was large enough

Since we've inadvertently commented.... I might as well make an official statement.  We've stayed pretty quiet on the matter and we normally stay impartial on coins; but Source code available != open source.  In this case, we have a scenario where a single entity controls all the hashpower of a coin.  This means at any given time, the blockchain can be completely rewritten to anything a malicious entity wanted it to.  I'm not saying that is the intention, but from the POV of an exchange, the lack of decentralization adds an extremely high risk to our users and business. Once the hash power is spread around some and we feel the network has its own built in checks and balances is when we'll probably add.  

If we are missing something here, please let me know.  I'm always the first to admit i don't know everything.

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Thanks a lot for commenting. I understand your concern and from your point of view it makes sense not to list us until after hashing power is distributed more evenly. However, what we can propose is to connect your daemon to all six pools, in this case by monitoring total pools' hashrate against network hashrate one could react before anything problematic happens - which is of course not our goal.
legendary
TRUSTplus Dev
By the way guys, keep in mind that the devs got min 1% of the total supply, its like instamine just better. The owe all pools and put 1% on every pool, just sad :/

+ they own 100% of the hashingpower so doublespend is possible all time.

You figured that out all on your own?  After witnessing some awesome show of strength and courage from the developer, I assure you... The developer believes what his is doing is right and not compromising to make money.
legendary
TRUSTplus Dev

I already have it.   Use Decimal 50.  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/
Jump to: