Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 196. (Read 1106889 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Im thinking the possibility of coinflow could be deaconboogie. Because he is the only one from the real beginning, and supporting here in the forum every request from lot of people, and too on reddit, and deaconboogie is missing since months...

What is the reason to code and program a coin and never talk with the people which invest money on it, or simply the miners which mine it....

Where is he? Why he never talks on forum or reddit, because coinflow = deaconboogie

Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Roll Eyes

No. Unfortunately I'm also waiting for an answer by him regarding the stuck block explorer and the offline mooncoin.info-site.
BTW: Funnily enough I thought the same about Graham (gjhiggins) some time ago. Maybe he can shed light on that? Graham, are you deaconboogie?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1045
Im thinking the possibility of coinflow could be deaconboogie. Because he is the only one from the real beginning, and supporting here in the forum every request from lot of people, and too on reddit, and deaconboogie is missing since months...

What is the reason to code and program a coin and never talk with the people which invest money on it, or simply the miners which mine it....

Where is he? Why he never talks on forum or reddit, because coinflow = deaconboogie

Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Roll Eyes
legendary
I'm investor ...not dev! Community need mobile wallet!

Yes, but a mobile wallet does not need a hardfork.
If you want to to add a mobile wallet, that's great - but create it based on the original code and present it here or to the dev, to be checked out before advertising it. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

+1 Bring on the Mooncoin Android wallet  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Re member this .....i will create a new client with new look ... new logo for mooncoin . But the new code (hard fork) will only take effect on block 200,000."

No-one seemed particularly enthused or interested. Change in a stable p2p environment is a hard sell. That's the way things are.

Cheers

Graham

mooncoin works great. no need for a code-change. no need for a new client. and the logo is cool. no need to change anything. lets give moon some time. its a great coin.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
Re member this .....i will create a new client with new look ... new logo for mooncoin . But the new code (hard fork) will only take effect on block 200,000."

No-one seemed particularly enthused or interested. Change in a stable p2p environment is a hard sell. That's the way things are.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Are you the dev of this coin?
I don't think so. We already had problems with "new" or "other" (inofficial) wallets at the beginning, leading to rumors, that the wallet contains a virus (which isn't true for the official ones, of course).
So people in need of a wallet: rather wait for the official site to come back, than downloading something from somewhere.

If a new wallet is necessary, that is not provided by deaconboogie, we as a community should find a new dev (or team of devs) prior to releasing any new wallet. See the work of gjhiggins first: https://github.com/mooncoin-project/mooncoin-landann  (and his posts here in this thread), who already developed a new wallet for Mooncoin as a test and he was given credit by deaconboogie (MOON-dev) already: http://www.reddit.com/r/MoonCoin/comments/28hd19/fresh_mods/cidd4xp

Edit: Alternatively, you can always build the wallet yourself from the official GitHub-sources: https://github.com/realmooncoin/mooncoin
legendary
Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Suche wallet wer kann helfen?

mooncoin.info is offline ... wait a while. If it is online again you find the wallet download there.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Suche wallet wer kann helfen?
legendary

Sure it is: Never change a running system.

Paper fiat, the dollar et al are running system and they're running straight into the ground for the very same exact reason as this alt-coin:  MASSIVE inflation.

Why would any alt coin do that when the correction can be made with one very simple and FREE code update.

This flawed logic is beyond me.  I'm glad a few alts I have invested in have taken my advice and have changed their subsidy (inflation) and max supply caps (dilution).

Now when demand comes back they will be huge beneficiaries from the much lower supplies.  

What I don't understand: why do you want to alter coins, that are conceived in a special way? Edit: Do you want to be them all the same?
I don't see anything wrong with a huge amount of coins. Can be spread more broadly to give a better base of coin-holders, which is good in the long run for the stability of a coin. Furthermore, it is relatively irrelevant, how many coins are issued for the value of the units of paper fiat. You just have to own more, to get the same value (in paper fiat (sic!)). In the long run, I don't consider coins with more units worse than those with less (because it all depends on how many you own and KEEP, i.e. not exchanging for other coins/fiat). If it would matter, we should issue a kind of One-Coin-Currency (OCC-coin), consisting of only one coin to be mined over an infinite timeframe. What do you think? With your logic, this one is priceless - hence the highest value to hunt for it, but at the same time can be owned only by one person alone - after eternity and a day ... What's the worth of such a currency ...?  Roll Eyes

Edit:
Mooncoin has a fixed amount of 384.4bn coins - equalling the distance of the Moon from the Earth in millimeters. The coin-production in huge amounts is only taking place at the beginning, i.e.: now/over the first year. So if you get your stake now and keep it, there is a good chance to be a lucky one later on ...
I'll paste the links to Wekkels excellent graphics/charts - illustrating the production rate and inflation - here once again:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8256256
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8260630
FYI: we are already in the there mentioned Apollo period and about half of the "extra" ~25bn MOON of this phase have already been mined until now - which leads us to the interesting question, why the price is not dropping significantly with this massively increased coin-production over these few days?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Paper fiat, the dollar et al are running system and they're running straight into the ground for the very same exact reason as this alt-coin:  MASSIVE inflation.

Why would any alt coin do that when the correction can be made with one very simple and FREE code update.

This flawed logic is beyond me.  I'm glad a few alts I have invested in have taken my advice and have changed their subsidy (inflation) and max supply caps (dilution).

Now when demand comes back they will be huge beneficiaries from the much lower supplies. 
legendary
Do you know that after 3000 blocks * 90 sec (form now on) = ~75 hours later production will drop sharply.   Grin

What's sharply?  What's the subsidy now and what will the new subsidy be?    Thx.

Average 500.000 per block will drop to 300.000 in ~72 hours.

Man, I don't consider 40% sharp.  90% would be more like it but that's still massive inflation.

That said, don't expect anything with only a 40% drop in inflation.

I really can't believe the devs haven't killed the inflation yet with a simple code update.  Take it down to 50,000 [or less], a 90% drop.  

Many coins have done it with positive effects.

Cheers!

+1 There is no strategy here.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Do you know that after 3000 blocks * 90 sec (form now on) = ~75 hours later production will drop sharply.   Grin

What's sharply?  What's the subsidy now and what will the new subsidy be?    Thx.

Man, I don't consider 40% sharp.  90% would be more like it but that's still massive inflation.

That said, don't expect anything with only a 40% drop in inflation.

I really can't believe the devs haven't killed the inflation yet with a simple code update.  Take it down to 50,000 [or less], a 90% drop. 

Many coins have done it with positive effects.

Cheers!

+1 There is no strategy here.
legendary
wow! big amounts at 4 litoshi! almost 10bn  Shocked Shocked
legendary

At the moment we are in the Apollo-phase. Read the previous posts to get the real number of coins mined at the moment (~2.5 million/block) and the timeframe when it will go down again - which is much longer than 72hrs.

Edit: billion/block to million/block
legendary
This coin!  I remember its (disastrous) launch...still made some BTC off it  Smiley

It only seemed "disastrous", because nearly every miner on earth wanted to mine it in the first few hours. And because it only was mineable at multipool.us, their servers broke down. And then the flaming begun - especially from those miners, that had only a small machine and came through even worse to add a single hash - hence getting no Mooncoins. So the success of Mooncoin was its curse at the same time.
legendary
completely agree. Very good investment for next few months... because you can take TONS of them very cheap.... i love this coin i too see a very bright future.
Jump to: