Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 103. (Read 178225 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250
May 14, 2014, 02:56:42 AM
Mine with brain? Is this an innovation or just a joke? I'll wait and see how it works
Activity: 308
May 14, 2014, 02:00:50 AM
waiting
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
May 14, 2014, 01:45:39 AM
It's actually really hard because you don't rotate smoothly. You rotate at like 20 degree increments (obviously to keep the blockchain size low) you can only hold and release a button 60 times and it needs to be done in 60 seconds. So I don't see a bot coming out anytime soon.

It's not a motorcycle themed logic puzzle. You actually make the motorbike drive through a level to get the coin.
You spawn in at the top and need to get the coin at the bottom.

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.
I'm pretty sure they said earlier that replay is submitted into the blockchain so everyone can see how you got to the end.
You should probably just download the test software from on the website, you'll see what I mean.

Yes of course - but if it is a real-time game instead of a logic puzzle with discrete moves, it makes a difference how exactly the replay is simulated to verify it (for instance, floating-point differences due to rounding on different machines / architectures when simulating the physics).

As stated already above, I'm definitely not going to download a binary-only code from somewhere.  If they don't release the source, I can't trust them - both for the example demo game and also the final client.  (I understand that they will probably release at the launch date, though.  I'll take a look then.)
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 13, 2014, 08:33:08 PM
Nice idea with playing a game in order to get coins.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
May 13, 2014, 08:20:34 PM
It's actually really hard because you don't rotate smoothly. You rotate at like 20 degree increments (obviously to keep the blockchain size low) you can only hold and release a button 60 times and it needs to be done in 60 seconds. So I don't see a bot coming out anytime soon.

It's not a motorcycle themed logic puzzle. You actually make the motorbike drive through a level to get the coin.

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.
I'm pretty sure they said earlier that replay is submitted into the blockchain so everyone can see how you got to the end.
You should probably just download the test software from on the website, you'll see what I mean.
legendary
May 13, 2014, 08:02:45 AM

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.
Activity: 454
THE TIME HAS COME...
May 13, 2014, 07:42:55 AM
interesting...
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 13, 2014, 07:39:22 AM

nevermind, the community can grow bigger and help with the development of the game. It could be 3D in the future, for example. I'm starting to like these concepts. Instead of waiting for some games to adpot crypto currencies, let's integrate them into the game from the very beginning, make the game fun to play and the word will spread among people who like playing games (a lot of them).

also 3D games can be botted. just look at wow or diablo3, where a lot of bot software can be found...
just buy a few computers and let a bot program run and you have your 51% attack

edit:
don't understand me wrong, i also like the idea, but it has problems...
But are those games generated randomly?

To be honest, I've not yet tried the game behind Motocoin (since there seem to be no sources released for it for some reason).  But considering that it should be something with a quickly verifiable solution, I imagine that it is a bit like a "logic puzzle" (even though it is motorcycle-themed).  I can well imagine that this is not too hard to solve for a computer either by brute-force or with some dynamic programming technique.  But we'll see when the coin launches.

legendary
May 13, 2014, 05:08:45 AM

nevermind, the community can grow bigger and help with the development of the game. It could be 3D in the future, for example. I'm starting to like these concepts. Instead of waiting for some games to adpot crypto currencies, let's integrate them into the game from the very beginning, make the game fun to play and the word will spread among people who like playing games (a lot of them).

also 3D games can be botted. just look at wow or diablo3, where a lot of bot software can be found...

edit:

To be honest, I've not yet tried the game behind Motocoin (since there seem to be no sources released for it for some reason).  But considering that it should be something with a quickly verifiable solution, I imagine that it is a bit like a "logic puzzle" (even though it is motorcycle-themed).  I can well imagine that this is not too hard to solve for a computer either by brute-force or with some dynamic programming technique.  But we'll see when the coin launches.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 13, 2014, 02:39:05 AM

edit:
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
May 12, 2014, 04:39:27 PM

edit:
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
May 12, 2014, 04:36:54 PM
I also had that idea already. The problem is, that you can write a bot, that drives for you.
everything a human can do can be botted, except something creative, but that probably can not be done by all people otherwise...
good thing is, that at the beginning it doesn't make sense to write a bot, because it costs a lot of time.
But if the coin growed, you have a lot of cheaters...

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
May 12, 2014, 04:32:39 PM
I also had that idea already. The problem is, that you can write a bot, that drives for you.
everything a human can do can be botted, except something creative, but that probably can not be done by all people otherwise...
good thing is, that at the beginning it doesn't make sense to write a bot, because it costs a lot of time.
But if the coin growed, you'll have a lot of cheaters...
Activity: 111
May 12, 2014, 04:30:58 PM
As a big fan and rider of motorcycles, I'm really glad someone made this coin. Although I'm better on the road than on the dirt, let's play this game and win all the coins!! Smiley
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 12, 2014, 04:28:13 PM
Just keep pressing F6 until you find a level that is possible to complete.
The game is hard but at least you can rewind it, otherwise it'd be impossible.
I also made it through one level and it took about 6 minutes or so. Can't wait to try it out for real.
Activity: 64
May 12, 2014, 04:45:43 AM
after playing the game for one hundred times, I will vomit.
just a joke Grin
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
May 12, 2014, 04:41:52 AM
played the moto game a little.
Is it too hard or im suck?I find it hard as hell.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 12, 2014, 04:40:41 AM
Looks amazing! I can't wait to try this out.
Hopefully this actually works.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
May 12, 2014, 04:32:46 AM
I renamed proof-of-thought to proof-of-play. I think that new name better describes this cryptocurency. Word thought was used to emphasize that it is to be mined by humans and not by computers, that you need to think to mine some motocoins. Proof-of-play gives more immediate description of Motocoin.
legendary
May 12, 2014, 01:31:48 AM
This is a very interesting idea - although I'm also sceptical because

a) no sources are released now - I'd love to test it (testnet anyone?), but I'm not downloading any binaries, and

b) I do not really believe that the game is so hard to write a bot for that humans are really superior to computers, even in the short run.

But I'm watching this and will try it out after launch. Wink

BTW, regarding Huntercoin:  In Huntercoin, "human mining" is not used to secure the network - instead, the game is "just for fun" (since the goal is/will be Chronokings as a full RPG).  But the (hardware-mined) blockchain is a nice way to get rid of a central game server.  The idea to use logic puzzles as PoW is clever, although my points above apply.  It would also be interesting to try indeed something "useful" where humans are better than computers, like protein folding.  Or possibly to generalise the game to a multiplayer one, where people have to cooperate in some way to solve a level, and everyone who contributed gets rewarded proportionally - this would be a kind of "pool" and could also make the game more interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: