Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEVA] NevaCoin | PoS 2.0 / PoW Hybrid | Blake2s PoW | NO Premine | - page 21. (Read 126652 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Some people say this coin won't last because it's just another "alt" coin and because of the 13 year POS timeframe.. well for me at least I'm holding my 500 coins until then. See you beautiful people in 13 years. TO LOVE!

/Nemdf

Activity: 21
i never said i am losing coins Cheesy dont get me wrong you are doing a great job and its all good. We all trying for the good.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
I wanted to ask whats with the blocks being (pos) generated, it is seen even in the chain, for about 2 minutes (!!!!! thats the part, not few seconds, minutes!) and then in becomes conflicted... Its really strange if you ask me.

It gets conflicted because a bunch of nodes find a block at once, so they all have the same height. When another block is found on top of the previous block (usually a rich node signs a few blocks in a row) the block that the other node finds becomes conflicted. It sometimes takes seconds and sometimes minutes. Then it all depends how the various same height blocks are propagated around the network, sometimes you might be on a chain that confirms your block for a few minutes until your node reorganizes and syncs to the highest chain (leaving your block conflicted).

The problem is, like I said a few times before (and I could be mistaken of course) because of the stalls in the chain. The difficulty drops to fast after the chain is stuck for an hour for example. Giving a small time frame to every node that holds some coins, even small amounts to sign a block. This creates chaos in the network since a bunch of same height blocks are floating around everywhere at that moment. In this fight the best connected node usually wins + the node that has plenty of coins and manages to sign another block immediately, creating the longest chain.

After the fork this should stabilize.

But people need to realize one thing. I am being bombarded with this question. People say they are "losing coins" with conflicted stakes.

The rules of the network are simple, get 25 confirmations on top of your block and the coins are yours. If you do not get 25 confirmations, you do not get the coins and you did not lose the coins, you never got them, they were never yours. Those 5 coins you "almost" staked existed only locally in your wallet and did not make it into the longest chain.

If anybody expects that you will stake more after the fork that is wrong. You will stake exactly the same, you will just see less conflicted stakes in the wallet. That is it. It will probably get even harder to get a stake since you will not even get this chance to get a low difficulty chance so often.

I could solve this right now with a simple tweak in the wallet (without a fork), to not display stakes that do not have n-confirmations already. But that would be the easy way and would not optimize the network in any way, it would just make this issue invisible and maybe stop the annoying questions (and I am not talking about you Draax, its the PMs I get) Smiley

I wanted to ask whats with the blocks being (pos) generated, it is seen even in the chain, for about 2 minutes (!!!!! thats the part, not few seconds, minutes!) and then in becomes conflicted... Its really strange if you ask me.
Krile, didn't you have a working link for a pi wallet?

Hi, added the nevacoin raspberry pi daemon binary.

https://github.com/Nevacoin/nevacoin/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Enjoy.
Hi NevaCoin community.

With compliments NevaCoin for MacOSX : https://mega.nz/#!QNxSzIyR!iJqYazG4lBRhMDcMIump6pqJnBiIy1FM5JSgwoGIlH4

Kris will upload it soon on Git as well.

Have a great weekend.

#WelcomeToTheBlockChain

Tnx @staysecure. I will upload to git asap.

Edit: Uploaded: https://github.com/Nevacoin/nevacoin/releases/tag/v1.4.0
I do not understand why I see consecutive proof of stake with the same value, but this is making the difficulty shoot, and I'm no longer having stacks, all my stacks are failing. Angry All stacks with the same value belong to a single wallet, maybe that is what is making so many stacks of mine fail and make the difficulty increase a lot

Nevacoin is set up to stake a full block which is currently 5 Neva. Make sure you are on the correct chain. You can receive other values when mining in a pool but staking(and solo mining) should only net you 5 Neva a stake. Neva currently has a high orphan rate.

Maybe try out poswallet.com if you have trouble solo staking.

Things should also improve after the march fork
Activity: 1472
Merit: 505
We are cryptocurrency
Hi NevaCoin community.

With compliments NevaCoin for MacOSX : https://mega.nz/#!QNxSzIyR!iJqYazG4lBRhMDcMIump6pqJnBiIy1FM5JSgwoGIlH4

Kris will upload it soon on Git as well.

Have a great weekend.

#WelcomeToTheBlockChain
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
I do not understand why I see consecutive proof of stake with the same value, but this is making the difficulty shoot, and I'm no longer having stacks, all my stacks are failing. Angry All stacks with the same value belong to a single wallet, maybe that is what is making so many stacks of mine fail and make the difficulty increase a lot

Nevacoin is set up to stake a full block which is currently 5 Neva. Make sure you are on the correct chain. You can receive other values when mining in a pool but staking(and solo mining) should only net you 5 Neva a stake. Neva currently has a high orphan rate.

I had yes. I didn't compile it yet for 1.4.

I will do it today, tnx for the reminder.
Krile, did you make any changes to Nevacoin's POS? My stake today was 2x lower than yesterday  Undecided

Nothing is different until block 291111.

I do not control the network. If more/less people mine/stake I can not control that.

You will never have the same number of stakes as time goes by. Especially if there is a price increase, more people will stake and you will get less of the share.

That is not a bug, its a feature. A coin that is hard to get is worth more.
Krile, did you make any changes to Nevacoin's POS? My stake today was 2x lower than yesterday  Undecided

Changes will not take affect until March- block 291111. Could be higher difficulty or maybe some bigger wallets came back online that had been dormant. Krile would have to answer that part.
Activity: 15
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
Krile, let's assume Yobit does not update the wallet for version 1.4, what will happen?

Yobit will cause the network to split and, if no action is taken, will remain sitting on the f-chain till the end of forever.
Ok krille, here is some new stuff for you...

When staking, its about tripple rotation of what you have (your coins participate in 3 rotations of staking) and then everything just sort of dies... I have about 2 percent, and i am staking about the same for 2 days, then it dies.. like 3-4 days with 2-3 blocks... if i send to my other pc, full ammount, the staking again goes wild, again going for about 2-4 percent of staking for about a day and a half, and then it again dies.. I tried it for 2 weeks to see.. It is that way.

and i guess that explains the top 3 doing constant seding to one another... just check the transactions logs...

Thanks for pointing that out, I noticed it too. But from my experience with other coins (shadowcash, blackcoin, vericoin, clams, jumbucks, creditbit to name a few) it is roughly the same. When making a new transaction (even if to the same address back to yourself) the smaller inputs combine into a bigger one, after that more stakes arrive for some time and then you have to repeat.

With nevacoin I am experimenting staking on several nodes. The biggest difference is if the amount of coins you hold are on the threshold to beat the stake difficulty. If you are well over that threshold the stakes are constant per day.

My (long term) test:
node with approx. 3000 NEVA benefits considerably from re-sending funds to self
node with approx. 35000 NEVA does not differ that much even if sending coins back and forth, stakes come in at pretty much constant intervals.

(of course other factors also contribute...like connection count, bandwidth...etc).

My hopes are, that after the fork the staking will stabilize, making such diagnostic more accurate. The stalls in the chain at the moment are making everything very out of whack... The pos difficulty jumps up and down too much...

When staking, its about tripple rotation of what you have (your coins participate in 3 rotations of staking) and then everything just sort of dies... I have about 2 percent, and i am staking about the same for 2 days, then it dies.. like 3-4 days with 2-3 blocks... if i send to my other pc, full ammount, the staking again goes wild, again going for about 2-4 percent of staking for about a day and a half, and then it again dies.. I tried it for 2 weeks to see.. It is that way.

and i guess that explains the top 3 doing constant seding to one another... just check the transactions logs...

Krile, let's assume Yobit does not update the wallet for version 1.4, what will happen?

If you have any coins there you should withdraw them before the fork (to be safe at least a day in advance).

Until they update do not use their exchange.

But I am sure they will update, there is plenty of time left. If they don't update till the end of January, I will start using more annoying methods of reminding them to update Smiley

I am sure they are not evil, just a bit slow with their support.

Activity: 15
Pages:
Jump to: