Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEVA] NevaCoin | PoS 2.0 / PoW Hybrid | Blake2s PoW | NO Premine | - page 18. (Read 126652 times)

Activity: 358
Merit: 250
Got Neva wallet in 2 different computers.  One stuck 33 hrs ago and the other one 28 hrs ago.   Blocks are being mined in aikapool.   What to do?  Grabbed nodes from Topia but still i couldnt get to the right height.  Will come back later.

Did you update your wallet to version 1.4.0?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Got Neva wallet in 2 different computers.  One stuck 33 hrs ago and the other one 28 hrs ago.   Blocks are being mined in aikapool.   What to do?  Grabbed nodes from Topia but still i couldnt get to the right height.  Will come back later.
Please provide post 291111 fork feedback.

Still plenty of conflicted stakes?

I see there are no more "few hour" stalls in the chain since the fork
Here there are still some orphaned blocks

We'll never be fully rid of them. Orphans are natural in POS coins. I'm just glad it looks like the chain hang ups are gone. I'm running a test to see if I still get large orphans (combining coins to one address, also good for staking but use to get lots of conflicts that way too).
Activity: 15

Here there are still some orphaned blocks
Activity: 746
Merit: 500

Activity: 420
Merit: 267
it is cheep for buy now Cheesy
Activity: 1472
Merit: 505
We are cryptocurrency
euh, i heard fork ? 1.4.0 is correct one ?

Correct HF in 220 blocks (at time of writing).

Here is the release https://github.com/Nevacoin/nevacoin/releases/tag/v1.4.0

PS: I will help out @krile a bit today since it is Nevas birthday  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
euh, i heard birthday fork ? 1.4.0 is correct one ?
We are cryptocurrency
We are cryptocurrency
Happy Birthday NEVACOIN!!!

One year later, the coin still lives, stronger than ever.

A few achivements in the first year:

- the exchange volume is currently going bananas Smiley
- listing on Bitsquare exchange
- listing on Cryptopia exchange
- (soon Tradesatoshi lising?)
- a nice worldwide distribution of nodes
- major improvements to blake2s nvidia miner ccminer by tpruvot
- 2 forks of Nevacoin already, one died almost instantly, the other Tajcoin (also a birthday coin) lives on
- a (half) failed attempt to add Nevacoin to the Coinomi Android wallet. At least we got an electrum server infrastructure up and a test android wallet for now.
- first real media appearance https://techannouncer.com/interview-nevacoin-latest-addition-bitsquare-decentralized-exchange/
- I managed to targeted the 291111 block fork perfectly on the birthday Cheesy

I will be busy today, celebrating the real Neva's birthday. If you want to send some nevoshis to her I made her a new BD address: NhzPbo9PvnkQxiQRnES5NrqXTtE6vasmbv

She still doesn't have the wallet of the coin named after her installed on her laptop btw, so the primary mission still failed for now Cheesy

I learned a lot from this, how hard it is to actually manage a coin, but it was a lot of fun and still a long road ahead...

A big thanks to everyone that contributed so far and also everyone that trolled and annoyed, we need you guys too Wink

Happy birthday to Neva and to NevaCoin  Cheesy .  Its been an excellent year and this is just the begining.

Happy Birthday NEVACOIN!!!

One year later, the coin still lives, stronger than ever.

A few achivements in the first year:

- the exchange volume is currently going bananas Smiley
- listing on Bitsquare exchange
- listing on Cryptopia exchange
- (soon Tradesatoshi lising?)
- a nice worldwide distribution of nodes
- major improvements to blake2s nvidia miner ccminer by tpruvot
- 2 forks of Nevacoin already, one died almost instantly, the other Tajcoin (also a birthday coin) lives on
- a (half) failed attempt to add Nevacoin to the Coinomi Android wallet. At least we got an electrum server infrastructure up and a test android wallet for now.
- first real media appearance https://techannouncer.com/interview-nevacoin-latest-addition-bitsquare-decentralized-exchange/
- I managed to targeted the 291111 block fork perfectly on the birthday Cheesy

I will be busy today, celebrating the real Neva's birthday. If you want to send some nevoshis to her I made her a new BD address: NhzPbo9PvnkQxiQRnES5NrqXTtE6vasmbv

She still doesn't have the wallet of the coin named after her installed on her laptop btw, so the primary mission still failed for now Cheesy

I learned a lot from this, how hard it is to actually manage a coin, but it was a lot of fun and still a long road ahead...

A big thanks to everyone that contributed so far and also everyone that trolled and annoyed, we need you guys too Wink
Nevacoin looks like will be the next coin added to TradeSatoshi: https://tradesatoshi.com/Vote

To be honest, I didn't even know it was on the vote list there Smiley
We are cryptocurrency
Today is a special day, a miracle happened:

Yobit answered the support ticket and updated Nevacoin wallet

As of today, every important service (pools, exchanges...) are running neva 1.4. So no worries, all will go smooth with the fork.

Not too big of a surprise that they finally updated. The past two weeks we have had a minimum of a $300 daily trade volume most of it on Cryptopia; the best run this coin has had since inception. Also market cap has been a solid $2500 increase since the end of the year (current +$6000, but I think it will bob down a little). Hopefully the up trend continues, I don't think Yobit wanted to be left out if we continued to gain a market.

And also this thread does magic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18026456

ARCO had the same problem, after posting there they updated in a matter of days.

That's hilarious...trying to prove they are not a scam might also be a big reason they updated. Well at least we know now to just push their buttons a little if they drag their feet with updates.

As of today, every important service (pools, exchanges...) are running neva 1.4. So no worries, all will go smooth with the fork.

Not too big of a surprise that they finally updated. The past two weeks we have had a minimum of a $300 daily trade volume most of it on Cryptopia; the best run this coin has had since inception. Also market cap has been a solid $2500 increase since the end of the year (current +$6000, but I think it will bob down a little). Hopefully the up trend continues, I don't think Yobit wanted to be left out if we continued to gain a market.

ARCO had the same problem, after posting there they updated in a matter of days.

That's hilarious...trying to prove they are not a scam might also be a big reason they updated. Well at least we know now to just push their buttons a little if they drag their feet with updates.

I saw the another post just now (yes, i finded the answer haha), thats cool, i'm tracking the develop of this coin since the first post here, but for busy time questions i'm very lazy to read another answers hahaha, sorry. Now I'm mining with old video card on my computer at university lab... (GTX470 with some overclock) and... I'm very impressed, i just saw the block explorer right now and the net hashrate is arround 73.236 GH/s!!! Is the biggest hashrate? Becasue, omfg! Thats awesome, the coin is starting to be popular  i think!

Glad to hear you are enjoying Smiley The hash rate is slowly increasing yes, its a very slow and healthy growth. The network node map on the explorer is also impressing, a very nice global distribution of nodes.
Activity: 25
I saw the another post just now (yes, i finded the answer haha), thats cool, i'm tracking the develop of this coin since the first post here, but for busy time questions i'm very lazy to read another answers hahaha, sorry. Now I'm mining with old video card on my computer at university lab... (GTX470 with some overclock) and... I'm very impressed, i just saw the block explorer right now and the net hashrate is arround 73.236 GH/s!!! Is the biggest hashrate? Becasue, omfg! Thats awesome, the coin is starting to be popular  i think!
Just another question... why my wallet is showing staked blocks as "in conflict"? These blocks is the biggest part of staked blocks... Why?

The short but slightly inaccurate answers is they are "orphans."  It really has to do with the unique staking method of this coin.

I like that, unique staking method Smiley

If you read a few pages back you will get more explanations. There is also a protocol change coming with block 291111 addressing this problem.
Pages:
Jump to: