Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OMC] Omnicoin | Official Cryptocurrency of MyBB Communities | 1 YEAR OLD - page 5. (Read 22720 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
This coin is solid and has been around for over a year. It's been growing steadily and has a huge community backing it.
I absolutely love using this coin, one of my personal favorites! hopefully it grows into something bigger!
Activity: 16
How often does Cryptsy add new coins from their Coinvotes page? 

Omnicoin is 5th but just looking at the coins above them most are pump and dumps and have no real popularity.  The exception might be Monero.

#1 Ambercoin - Not even a month old. Market cap has plummeted.
#2 NakamotoDark -2 1/2 months old and has a smaller market cap than OMC.
#3 Monero - Aged coin with some decent activity. Should be listed probably.
#4 Global Coin Reserve (GCR) - Obvious pump and dump. No value.
#5 Omnicoin - The oldest of the top 5 voted coins with no only decent marketcap but also a rising value and activity.

So why doesn't Cryptsy just get it done and list OMC? It's the prefered exchange for them to be listed with.  They aren't even trying to get on other exchanges.

They already have over $500 worth of votes at Cryptsy too.  Seems a high price just to get listed.
Activity: 3
I have been mining and trading Omnicoins since the beginning, and this entire time
has been great. The devs are dedicated to fixing issues and making sure the coin is ready before
bringing it beyond HF, and they have certainly done a great job at it.

The coin has been improving since it has started, and I still have great faith in it.
I'm going to continue hoarding coins as I have been, and am working on a faucet to help
some of the coin's new users get into the coin. All of the faucets and Omnicoin based games coming up recently
are because this coin has pretty great community support, being the official cryptocurrency of a pretty large board.

Going to continue being involved as I can in this coin as I have been
since it started.
Activity: 17

Omnicoin has a huge potential, tons of people are using it and it's had nothing but success from the beginning.
This could very well be the next biggest coin.
I hope to see this coin added to more currency-exchanging websites.

Jesus.

This coin can only get bigger, it's got a brilliant development team behind it.
how do you know that ? the dev team is anonymous right ?

What do you mean by anonymous?

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.

Well not everyone. Consider Ethereum for an example.
But yeas most are anonymous.

None of the team are anonymous, and I have never heard of this Ethereum. All developers can be found on the wiki I linked to in the OP

Good to know you're disconnected and unaware of what is happening in crypto.

Ethereum is not a developer of Omnicoin, and is not associated with the team or the coin in any way (unless that is an alias of a team member, which I have not heard of).
Perhaps you are referring to Ethereum not as a person, but are referring to the new cryptocurreny/application platform, but in that case you worded your reply terribly, and were not clear.

In this thread we are discussing Omnicoin specifically, not generalizing about the anonymity of developers of other coins.

Please take a look at who brought up Ethereum before attacking me. Thanks.

---

I haven't followed up with OMC in a while. How was the 51% dealt with?
The blockchain was rolled back. AllCrypt then received the appropriate amount of OMC back and restored the OMC balance of those who had lost (or gained) any coins because of it. The only thing that was lost from that attack is the 2 BTC that was put up in buy orders.
Activity: 78
Merit: 12
Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer

Omnicoin has a huge potential, tons of people are using it and it's had nothing but success from the beginning.

Jesus.

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.

None of the team are anonymous, and I have never heard of this Ethereum. All developers can be found on the wiki I linked to in the OP

Good to know you're disconnected and unaware of what is happening in crypto.

Ethereum is not a developer of Omnicoin, and is not associated with the team or the coin in any way (unless that is an alias of a team member, which I have not heard of).
Perhaps you are referring to Ethereum not as a person, but are referring to the new cryptocurreny/application platform, but in that case you worded your reply terribly, and were not clear.

In this thread we are discussing Omnicoin specifically, not generalizing about the anonymity of developers of other coins.
I see a really steady price for the past few months with a really nice price bump the past couple months. Also daily activity is reasonable especially for a coin that only has one very small exchange. 
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Have been mining this coin since it was launched , it has done really well and is still imprroving with the backing of a whole forum community behind it. I also like all the little extras it has going for it like buying products and just everyday members coming up with games,sites,explorers,online wallets and also certain forum upgrades can only be purchased with this.
Activity: 3
So this has nothing todo with the renamed mastercoin project then? Which is also calling itself omni

No, we're not related to MasterCoin at all.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
So this has nothing todo with the renamed mastercoin project then? Which is also calling itself omni
I think OMC is very promising. I'm mining a lot, and will investing in a miner@5Mh/s soon.

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
When did that voting start? How long did it take for those other coins to get that many votes?  Because Omnicoin jumped to 4th with nearly 15k votes in just 24 hours.

Voting started 2 days ago, so it was only within a day that we got to 4th place. That is huge proof of the support behind this coin. I hope that this trend will continue and Cryptsy will decide to add us.
Ive seen this coin evolve from march last year, great progress Cheesy
When did that voting start? How long did it take for those other coins to get that many votes?  Because Omnicoin jumped to 4th with nearly 15k votes in just 24 hours.

Voting started 2 days ago, so it was only within a day that we got to 4th place. That is huge proof of the support behind this coin. I hope that this trend will continue and Cryptsy will decide to add us.
I will be honest I started mining way back in the beginning and im truly glad to see the community growing.
i have invested in this coin it's very promising
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, what's ethereum?
Activity: 17
Pretty impressed with the way Omnicoin has jumped up in votes on the Cryptsy voting page.

Pages:
Jump to: