Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OMC] Omnicoin | Official Cryptocurrency of MyBB Communities | 1 YEAR OLD - page 6. (Read 22718 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
This coin can only get bigger, it's got a brilliant development team behind it.
how do you know that ? the dev team is anonymous right ?

What do you mean by anonymous?

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.

Well not everyone. Consider Ethereum for an example.
But yeas most are anonymous.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

What do you mean by anonymous?

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.
Activity: 16
True.  But what can one expect when asking people to join a smaller forum?  Most of the HF members don't feel a huge need to participate here.  Unfortunately it seems that a lot of exchanges actually require a release thread here to even be considered. Imagine Google telling Twitter that it can't get ranked well unless it had a nice Facebook page.  Weird that the HF community has to join a smaller community to promote their already well-used coin that's a year old just to get onto additional exchanges. But it is what it is. 

A good example of the HF activity just for Omnicoin.  The Darkcoin release thread on this forum, which is one of the top 3 release threads here, is about the same activity that's in the Omnicoin subforum at HF.  Just the Crypto Currency section there alone has 110k posts.  So it's a very active site and Omnicoin is one out of over 300 categories there.

So you'll probably see more newbie posters supporting OMC. 

What's important though is that the Omnicoin team is trying to push the alt-coin further than just HF.  For the past year a lot of effort was placed into infrastructure, testing, and building up the coins base of users.  It's pretty much already a success in the eyes of the community at HF.  Now it's time to see if it can be moved beyond. 
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Activity: 1
I've met the developers of this coin and they are some absolutely stand up guys who are dedicated to what they do, I predict a bright future for crypto and specifically, omnicoin, the community backed behind it are intelligent people with economic knowledge.
Omnicoin is backed by a great community with the best developers
I wish the best for it
I've been a user of the coin since it's creation, and I have to say the dev team has worked extremely hard on this project. I hope to see more people start using OMC.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
It seems to be a good project and a team behind her development. I'll be watching this.
I really hope this coin gets somewhere, the developers have really put alot of effort into this.
Activity: 78
Merit: 12
Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer
Yeah, the Omnicoin team spent a year developing infrastructure instead of hyping the coin.  Appears the team is more interested in having it working and stable than simply pushing up the price to unreasonable levels.

If this gets on larger exchange maybe it can begin to gain traction for other usage.  HF is a massive community and despite its reputation the user base is huge.

We certainly are. We made sure to update to DGW to fix the timewarp bug present in the KGW algorithm before we began expanding, for example.
Activity: 45
MeshCollider and his team have been developing this coin for months on end and all I can say is wow, nothing but professional.
Yeah, the Omnicoin team spent a year developing infrastructure instead of hyping the coin.  Appears the team is more interested in having it working and stable than simply pushing up the price to unreasonable levels.

If this gets on larger exchange maybe it can begin to gain traction for other usage.  HF is a massive community and despite its reputation the user base is huge.

Activity: 532
We've been working on this coin for over a year, and it's been publicly available, albeit not announced on Bitcointalk, since April 5th of 2014. It's proven to be a stable, and thriving coin. Feel free to message me directly with any questions, either here, or at [email protected].
I'm so Red E for this to happen.

Also I had an old account but now it appears I can't login or maybe the account was deleted.  In any case I'm not new even though this is my first post for this account.

Omnicoin been around over a year now.  Nice steady trading. A bigger exchange should help a lot.
Activity: 17
Not a new coin people, it's been around for awhile now it's just not had a BCT thread. Not sure why it's being posted now but everybody is welcome to join in and be a part of the coin's community.  Cheesy
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alright, pool's up and running now, I got confused and thought it was a new coin lol.

http://omni.minerpools.com/
Activity: 78
Merit: 12
Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer
Hi guys, the original creator here - the coin has already been created a long time ago. It is up and running and the downloads can be found here:

https://github.com/Omnicoin-Project/Omnicoin/wiki/Downloads

I can confirm this was the member who originally thought of the idea, although not technically the creator of this specific coin. And as said, it was launched months ago, you can start using it straight away!
Activity: 784
Hi guys, the original creator here - the coin has already been created a long time ago. It is up and running and the downloads can be found here:

https://github.com/Omnicoin-Project/Omnicoin/wiki/Downloads
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
when official countdown? i have create pool
Pages:
Jump to: