Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Abe 0.7: Open Source Block Explorer Knockoff - page 4. (Read 220739 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
currently facing this issue on bitcoin testnet3.
cant get past block 329275
Code:
Opened /home/k1773r/.bitcoin/testnet3/blocks/blk00012.dat
Exception at 33508250
Failed to catch up {'blkfile_offset': 33498608, 'blkfile_number': 100012, 'chain_id': 13, 'loader': 'blkfile', 'dirname': '/home/k1773r/.bitcoin/testnet3/', 'id': Decimal('37')}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2633, in catch_up
    store.catch_up_dir(dircfg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2897, in catch_up_dir
    store.import_blkdat(dircfg, ds, blkfile['name'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 3027, in import_blkdat
    store.import_block(b, chain_ids = chain_ids)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 1741, in import_block
    tx['tx_id'] = store.import_tx(tx, pos == 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2195, in import_tx
    pubkey_id = store.script_to_pubkey_id(txout['scriptPubKey'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2575, in script_to_pubkey_id
    for opcode, data, i in deserialize.script_GetOp(script):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/deserialize.py", line 253, in script_GetOp
    (nSize,) = struct.unpack_from('error: unpack_from requires a buffer of at least 4 bytes
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Hi guys.

Hope all is well with everyone.  I'm fairly new to crypto so for the abe experts out there I've got a question.  Do you think it's technically feasible to modify abe to work with multi-difficulty-algo coins such as myriad coin or digibyte?  The reason I ask is I use abe's backend database to create mining stats / charts / richlist for a coin I follow as a hobby that is likely going to move to multi-algo.  see nlgstats.iblogger.org for an example of some of the things I get by using abe.  I'm not an html guy so it's not very pretty.  Am I better off transitioning to something like insight?  I really like working with abe, hate to move to something else.  Cheers.  All the best --Mark
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Any suggestions for the best way to get the raw hex of the genesis transaction for the file below?

https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe/blob/master/Abe/genesis_tx.py

Since RPC does not return this I'm guessing I need to parse the blockchain file.

It should be checkpoint #0 in the checkpoints.cpp file found in the source code. IIRC
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
Any suggestions for the best way to get the raw hex of the genesis transaction for the file below?

https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe/blob/master/Abe/genesis_tx.py

Since RPC does not return this I'm guessing I need to parse the blockchain file.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Technician
Hi,
I'm running bitcoin-Abe on fastcgi environment.
i make changes in the html code but it doesn't seem to effect my page at all.

I tried to delete .pyc files and restart apache with no success.

Thanks in advance
Kill process which belongs to Abe.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi,
I'm running bitcoin-Abe on fastcgi environment.
i make changes in the html code but it doesn't seem to effect my page at all.

I tried to delete .pyc files and restart apache with no success.

Thanks in advance
Technician
how to run abe without logs in console?
To run as daemon in background:
Code:
nohup ABE COMMAND TO RUN &
Log will be saved to nohup.out. You can create symlink to /dev/null if you do not want to save logs. Or if not in background:
Code:
ABE COMMAND TO RUN > /dev/null
thanks for reply. do you mean running commad may look like
Code:
nohup python -m Abe.abe --config myconf.conf
?
Yes
legendary
Code:
Log will be saved to nohup.out. You can create symlink to /dev/null if you do not want to save logs. Or if not in background:
Code:
Code:
?

Yes that would do it. However screen may be a better choice so you can check in if necessary.

Sudo apt-get install screen
screen python -m Abe...
Ctrl-A
D
Then if you want to check back later to see the console
screen -r

Activity: 322
Code:
Code:
Code:
?
Technician
Code:
Code:
Activity: 322
Activity: 28
I'm willing to offer a bounty to anyone who will create a block explorer for a coin that already exists but has no current working block explorer. Is it possible or can only the dev make that ? PM me if you're interested. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Is this good software to use as a bitcoin block explorer on a web server that will get a moderate amount of traffic, or is it too slow/bulky?

What's your definition of “moderate traffic”? What are you anticipating in terms of page views per second?

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Is this good software to use as a bitcoin block explorer on a web server that will get a moderate amount of traffic, or is it too slow/bulky?

If it is not good for that purpose, are there any open source alternatives?

Thanks in advance for any answers or thoughts!
An alternative:

Insight (https://insight.bitpay.com/)

Open source and made by the people at BitPay
https://github.com/bitpay/insight
Activity: 1

If it is not good for that purpose, are there any open source alternatives?

Thanks in advance for any answers or thoughts!
Activity: 41
Whatever happened to the prevout table? I just re-imported my DB from October and upgraded it and now I'm getting errors with some of my old queries? I feel like the tx_in and tx_out detail views have changed.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
i can pay 0.5 for any full btc blockchain database for abe (that works on windows like sqlite) this shit is very very very very slow and i cant wait  Shocked
Activity: 47
Why appear no new versions of Abe since v0.7.2 (Dec 7, 2012)?
Should instead the current master branch of Abe be used?  Huh
Technician
Is there a working demo somewhere?
Multiple, for example abe.explorer.e-waluty.net.pl (custom theme)
Pages:
Jump to: