Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 594420 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 104
I will make certain that such a feature is never implemented in Tor Browser.
lmao I'm sure you're so important that if anyone can stop this it's you!

On a more serious note, I'm finding it weird there would be people so obsessed with attacking this coin. AFAIK there aren't any exchanges were you can short it. Maybe a rival project scared of what would happen if this coin actually does get browser implementation? There's obviously some kind of motivation to spend time writing these posts otherwise it's just as easy to ignore the thread and not draw attention to the project. :thinking:

That said, the idea of browser implementation has been floated around for like 10 years now with not a whole lot to show for it. I can understand long time supporters being frustrated but it's kinda weird there are people who seem genuinely upset that the possibility it happens still exists?? lol?

Full disclosure: I'm just a long time holder from like 50 cents back in the old BTC-e days and sell some whenever price wicks up then accumulate more. I'm mostly involved in trading other coins and don't really care what happens cuz the risk reward is too good given such a small market cap and what would happen if some _real_ good news were to break. If the coin goes to 0 won't be a big enough loss for me to care that much (in some ways would be nice to have the closure) but on that small chance the project really does pull through it's going to be so worth the wait.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Squatters happen everywhere, who cares?  There is nothing stopping websites from being developed on .bit

The .bit TLD is not associated with Namecoin!  I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat myself.

You have been misled into believing that Namecoin is a coin that grants you a .bit domain, which is not the case.
You can register .bit domains in other Namespaces or register a completely new TLD, such as .talk in the talk/ Namespace.
You are not required to use d/ simply because some con artist tells you to.

The .bit TLD is proposed by a completely separate project known as the "DOT-BIT Project," which used Namecoin.
Claiming that Namecoin is the "DOT-BIT Project" is absurd and severely harms Namecoin's reputation.

The closer and more integrated JR and the Namecoin Devs get to integrating .bit into web browsers the more the trolls come out in deep fear!  (The namecoin Core integration has come a LONG way the last 2 years)

Jeremy Rand is not a Namecoin developer!  Namecoin hasn't even been developed since Vince announced it in this thread.
There are projects that use Namecoin, but it is critical that everyone understands that each of those projects is entirely independent of Namecoin.
Daniel Kraft occasionally merges from upstream Bitcoin, and that's all, purely maintainer work.

Your assertion that web browsers will incorporate the .bit TLD is incorrect and extremely dangerous.  Web browsers integrate the Namespace rather than the TLD.

If a browser looked up the value first, rather than the Namespace, there would be complete chaos, with websites being hijacked in seconds.

There have been attempts to hard code the d/ Namespace into Tor Browser, but the Tor Project will never approve what Jeremy Rand desires.  I will make certain that such a feature is never implemented in Tor Browser.  It is Jeremy Rand's personal project that only serves his own interests, much of which are purely financial, charlatan, such as Daniel Kraft, who uses Namecoin to promote his for-profit companies with which he launders money in Malta.
Activity: 22
Squatters happen everywhere, who cares?  There is nothing stopping websites from being developed on .bit

The closer and more integrated JR and the Namecoin Devs get to integrating .bit into web browsers the more the trolls come out in deep fear!  (The namecoin Core integration has come a LONG way the last 2 years)

I am sure "Cyberterrorist" takes orders from his FBI handlers who in turn work for Goldman Sachs and Blackrock

I am not sure what they fear most that Namecoin will help Bitcoin mining or if they really fear .bit domain websites?

If the FBI spends so much time as the Twitter Files reveal, them sending some dumbass with the name "cyberterrorist" isn't outside their work history!
Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
Love how much time you just wasted there to not change my descisions whatsoever.

Exposing con artists like you and Daniel Kraft, is not a waste of time.

When did you buy Namecoin?
I'm looking at the market, and you didn't even make a sound; my fart produces more spikes on the chart than you.  Cheesy

BayAreaCoins' swap have for you 150 Namecoin, go and get them quick: https://altquick.com/swap/

Ah yes, can't hear my voice yet. Well that's original.

It's funny how little I care about your game. I don't have to acknowledge you but I do. If I didn't give a response, it'd be hard to prove I care about the concerns of others - despite them having whatever opinions they have about me. On top of that though, don't confuse my lack of an emotional reaction with getting a "rise" out of me. I remain undeterred from how I currently view the state of this particular project - as a part of many other braided (intertwined) activities.

The truth is, I exist. It's hard to influence someone in my position - I am perfectly comfortable being the first-last man standing if the situation has been examined from every different angle possible with the condition, and here's the kicker, I could be wrong because of the sheer complexity of the universe and the limits of humankind.

But go ahead "cyberterrorist" -- also try and shake me with you little harassments, it's amusing. Pollute my name, blah blah.

You cannot change my purpose. You cannot shame me with money, (who would ever think I'd never need any ...) - you despise me? That's cool. I blame that on your ignorance.

It's funny you pretend charts are important. It's what you are not aggregating that has the most value of all. My voice and my transactions are not on your charts. I think that's just a narrative to go along with your feeble and primitive accounting. I'm pretty good at accounting myself. If you ever need help, just ask. No need to be a cybertwerp. Please though, keep going. I would love to laugh at your attempts to sway me or get me to fight for my reputation on the bitcointalk forums.
Love how much time you just wasted there to not change my descisions whatsoever.

Exposing con artists like you and Daniel Kraft, is not a waste of time.

When did you buy Namecoin?
I'm looking at the market, and you didn't even make a sound; my fart produces more spikes on the chart than you.  Cheesy

BayAreaCoins' swap have for you 150 Namecoin, go and get them quick: https://altquick.com/swap/
Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
Buy signal - on.
It's clear that with every new development there are coming the envious, even if the latter can do nothing but spread FUD. While they have been banned from all other communities, BitcoinTalk is their last resort where they can keep trolling, that's nothing new at all.

Nope, without convincing proof that satoshi is vinced, he did not.

He simply chimed in his thoughts in an ongoing discussion about BitDNS, which preceded and is entirely separate from Namecoin.
You shouldn't assume I didn't see your FUD a few weeks ago, but everyone embarrasses themselves as best they can! All I can say in response is that you haven't contributed anything to the Namecoin project so far - other than sending merits here and spreading FUD. So on topic, Satoshi is not vinced. Before you keep spreading FUD, you should start reading at the initial post of this thread: Namecoin is a naming system based on bitcoin with a few modifications.  It is inspired by the bitdns discussion. Namecoin wasn't created out of thin air, and undoubtedly Satoshi's contributions were the most important, as cited especially with regard to the proposal of merged mining. Last but not least, just for the readers, it should be noted that Namecoin is a fork of Bitcoin, and the original additional code that made Namecoin from Bitcoin code were just an additional 400 lines of code to define the name operations. "Namecoin", by the way, was just one of the names for the project, and there were other synonyms for the same project in parallel, but I won't go into details here.

This, along with the most vocal bagholders of re-registered names touting you as an "OG Namecoin dev", are two of the most embarrassing misconceptions in the entire Historical NFT space
I don't care how others are referring to me, but we already had this funny discussion on Twitter/Discord/Telegram. Some contributors joined the Namecoin project in 2015 and you probably wouldn't complain if they were referred to as "OGs", but like I said, I don't care. I joined in July 2018, as you can see on the blockchain. From then until now I have registered many assets as a registrar on behalf of other community members, on May 19, 2019 I opened a huge to-do list on GitHub, and they are still working on the list.

The community left Namecoin to be forgotten and the few people bothering maintaining it (maybe rightly so) are taking many decisions without asking anyone, occasionally prioritizing personal gain. Make no mistakes though, it's not their fault for looking into personal gain. They're using the protocol to advance their personal interests
Comments like this have a good reason, and as a side note, unlike some other contributors, I haven't been begging for funds out of the pots of the European Commission, while I would squat silently on a huge Handshake airdrop worth about $ 2 million USD, dedicated to the development of Namecoin, laundered against Bitcoin in the meantime. As declared in the NFT auction notifications, the proceeds from the auctions will be taken to fund the development and maintenance of the new Namecoin DNS apps, which work on the mainstream browsers for desktop and mobile devices in HTTPS mode. Something what the Namecoin community haven't ever seen running until today.

What exactly are OGs?  I'm not sure.  "Namecoin OGs" are something I've never heard of.  If this is referring to squatters, they should market themselves as dick-handlers or DHs.

You can create your own binaries and distribute them under a name other than Namecoin.  Instead of trolling the Namecoin community, why not create your own "UweCoin"?  You call yourself a developer, but I have yet to see a single bug fix or improvement to Namecoin from you.

I can assure you that you will never become a Namecoin developer.  If you were a "developer," as you claim, you would have sent a pull request with your changes to GitHub in 2019, but you didn't and won't because you're nothing more than a useless annoying noob who is constantly arguing and spamming your disgusting website, which discredits the entire namecoin community.

To me, attacking nutildah, who merited your posts, seems completely stupid.  You should see a psychiatric professional as soon as possible.
But every BitcoinTalk member should know that even Satoshi Nakamoto contributed on this project

He simply chimed in his thoughts in an ongoing discussion about BitDNS, which preceded and is entirely separate from Namecoin. This, along with the most vocal bagholders of re-registered names touting you as an "OG Namecoin dev", are two of the most embarrassing misconceptions in the entire Historical NFT space.

Its great if you want to build on Namecoin but please take your historical revisionism elsewhere.

Cheesy

I don't believe Uwe Martens' comments on BitcoinTalk meet the bare minimum for inclusion here.  These are completely incorrect nonsense, and he spams his childish Microsoft Word made websites almost every time he makes a comment; the most recent comment alone contained two links.
He not only has no knowledge of the subject, but all of his comments are written specifically to promote his websites, which have nothing to do with Namecoin.

Namecoin is a community-developed open source software.  Uwe Martens, on the other hand, is a con artist who pretends to be a developer by constantly harassing the Namecoin community and spamming his trash websites not only on BitcoinTalk but also on WikiPedia (o_links_are_spam_and_not_relevant]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Namecoin#The_added_namecoi[Suspicious link removed]o_links_are_spam_and_not_relevant).

My opinion is similar to BayAreaCoins', BitcoinEXpress', and biolizard89's, and it will not change in the near future.

This topic should not be about spamming and promoting fraudulent websites.

Edit:
I can't link to the relevant section of the Namecoin talk page on WikiPedia because BitcoinTalk automatically replaces all text that contains the namecoin pro domain with namecoi[Suspicious link removed].  I wish they would also remove all of his comments with a [Suspicious text removed].

By going directly to the Namecoin talk page at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Namecoin, you can see Uwe Martens and his spam that has been removed by WikiPedia admins.

Uwe Martens' failed hostile takeover of the Namecoin project:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Namecoin&diff=1043531325&oldid=1043302032

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
But every BitcoinTalk member should know that even Satoshi Nakamoto contributed on this project

He simply chimed in his thoughts in an ongoing discussion about BitDNS, which preceded and is entirely separate from Namecoin. This, along with the most vocal bagholders of re-registered names touting you as an "OG Namecoin dev", are two of the most embarrassing misconceptions in the entire Historical NFT space.

Its great if you want to build on Namecoin but please take your historical revisionism elsewhere.
I don't see why this has to be made into a personal dispute.
Namecoin has more serious problems to deal with rather than someone squatting domains.
Namecoin's brand value is literally being stole by a couple of for-profit corporations attempting to patent .bit domains and us as a community couldn't even get together to file a letter of protest for 50$ so the patent office is made aware of Namecoin's prior use of the technology.

Now this, this is an existential threat for bitcoin. People are going to look up the history of decentralized domains and it would of been erased by corporations if we don't act.
If you want to preserve Namecoin's protocol, go ahead and hard fork.

The biggest issue here, and what's enabling all these problems, is that nobody bothers anymore. The community left Namecoin to be forgotten and the few people bothering maintaining it (maybe rightly so) are taking many decisions without asking anyone, occasionally prioritizing personal gain. Make no mistakes though, it's not their fault for looking into personal gain. They're using the protocol to advance their personal interests but nowhere does it say that this isn't allowed. Instead of whining, WE should be taking action.

Keep in mind that personal benefit is vital to advancing anything. Even not for profit FOSS development orgs have people working in salaried positions and money to go around from grants. But do keep in mind, that as things stand, no matter how many domains someone squats, without demand, the protocol is bound to fail. So if anyone was even squatting 100% of Namecoin domains, there's very little to gain, let alone for development incentives. Protocol sustainability wasn't very well thought out in Namecoin sadly.

Ask yourself this.
Do you have a developer by your side?
Do you have a good idea how to make the protocol more trustless and self-sustained while preventing squatting?
If yes, build it. Fork it.

I can tell you with certainty that if you can find someone to develop this and devise a plan, pools holding the majority hashrate for NMC would support the hard fork.
Namely antpool, f2pool, viabtc and kucoin pool and any miner with ties to China would 100% support this fork (same way they did with BCH, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin GOD, ETC... You get the idea. ). These are still a tightly knit community so if they stood to gain anything they would support the fork and the new NMC would 100% become the winning chain, effectively returning the squatters to null.

As of the community, between the 10 people that even remember what Namecoin is, I'm sure many would welcome such changes. But that doesn't even matter anyway because Namecoin as it stands is dead community-wise. If anyone bothered to revive it in the slightest, the new community of users would overpower any old one.

TL;DR:
The issue isn't the few people left deving for Namecoin, it's the lack of a community. If you care, build something better and a hardfork is almost 100% guaranteed to receive support.

Creating a hard fork is not required.  For many years, software updates were also completely unnecessary.  You can continue to use the previous versions without any problems.

Only a hard fork with extremely high registration and transaction fees and completely rejecting Namecoin transactions from current nodes can prevent squatting.

Squatters are only a problem in the d/ Namespace, but it is important to remember that Namecoin is not restricted to the use of the d/ Namespace.

Uwe Martens, who continues to spam his childish website on this topic, promoting the fictitious TLDs he just made up, is a prime example of how things can go wrong.  According to him, the spam website he linked to above is a "specification" for the entire Namecoin community, where he declared that XY TLDs belong to XYZ Namespaces.  Everything was "specified" by him, just as authoritarian leaders issue decrees.

Although Namecoin allows such authoritarian con artists to operate, their chances of success are massively diminished by the fact that anyone can register a Namespace and create their own TLD.

Example:
Someone registers the Namespace flower/ and assigns the .flo top-level domain (TLD) (same as the current .bit formula)
The next person comes along and says, "Fuck this, I'll make a better one," and registers the nature/ plant/ animal/ Namespaces, assigning them the .nature, .plant, and .animal TLDs, respectively.

The only problem that can occur when registering namespaces for your applications is that the Namespace already exists or that it already exists with the value you want to register.

For example, suppose you want to create a biology application and use the bio/ Namespace, but someone has already registered the bio value, which is bio/bio, in that namespace.
You're already doomed in this case unless you use the longer Namespace and register the bio in the biology/ Namespace, resulting in biology/bio.

The desired outcome of your application is to own the Namespaces bio/ and biology/, as well as to register the values bio and biology such as bio/bio, bio/biology, biology/biology, and biology/bio.  Then and only then will you be able to assign the .bio and .biology TLDs.
Activity: 179
Merit: 104
I don't see why this has to be made into a personal dispute.
Namecoin has more serious problems to deal with rather than someone squatting domains.
Namecoin's brand value is literally being stole by a couple of for-profit corporations attempting to patent .bit domains and us as a community couldn't even get together to file a letter of protest for 50$ so the patent office is made aware of Namecoin's prior use of the technology.

Now this, this is an existential threat for bitcoin. People are going to look up the history of decentralized domains and it would of been erased by corporations if we don't act.
If you want to preserve Namecoin's protocol, go ahead and hard fork.

The biggest issue here, and what's enabling all these problems, is that nobody bothers anymore. The community left Namecoin to be forgotten and the few people bothering maintaining it (maybe rightly so) are taking many decisions without asking anyone, occasionally prioritizing personal gain. Make no mistakes though, it's not their fault for looking into personal gain. They're using the protocol to advance their personal interests but nowhere does it say that this isn't allowed. Instead of whining, WE should be taking action.

Keep in mind that personal benefit is vital to advancing anything. Even not for profit FOSS development orgs have people working in salaried positions and money to go around from grants. But do keep in mind, that as things stand, no matter how many domains someone squats, without demand, the protocol is bound to fail. So if anyone was even squatting 100% of Namecoin domains, there's very little to gain, let alone for development incentives. Protocol sustainability wasn't very well thought out in Namecoin sadly.

Ask yourself this.
Do you have a developer by your side?
Do you have a good idea how to make the protocol more trustless and self-sustained while preventing squatting?
If yes, build it. Fork it.

I can tell you with certainty that if you can find someone to develop this and devise a plan, pools holding the majority hashrate for NMC would support the hard fork.
Namely antpool, f2pool, viabtc and kucoin pool and any miner with ties to China would 100% support this fork (same way they did with BCH, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin GOD, ETC... You get the idea. ). These are still a tightly knit community so if they stood to gain anything they would support the fork and the new NMC would 100% become the winning chain, effectively returning the squatters to null.

As of the community, between the 10 people that even remember what Namecoin is, I'm sure many would welcome such changes. But that doesn't even matter anyway because Namecoin as it stands is dead community-wise. If anyone bothered to revive it in the slightest, the new community of users would overpower any old one.

TL;DR:
The issue isn't the few people left deving for Namecoin, it's the lack of a community. If you care, build something better and a hardfork is almost 100% guaranteed to receive support.
More proof that Danial Kraft is a charlatan.

According to Daniel Kraft's official website, https://domob.eu, he claims to be the creator of the id/ Namespace in Namecoin.

Use of the id/ Namespace example: https://namebrow.se/name/id/domob/

Looking at the blockchain record for id/ (the Namespace) https://namebrow.se/name/id//, you can see that it has been owned by BM-2cXeN1HuY8h7nYAkPj1mny4Ki4wywPorwM since at least June 22, 2013, 6:31 p.m.

What is the significance of this?

This demonstrates that Daniel Kraft is currently squatting on approximately 11,000 names in the d/ Namespace that he is attempting to sell.
Not only is he attempting to sell the squatted names, but he is also attempting to extort between $3,000 and $5,000 for each name.

It should be noted that the d/ Namespace is still used today to obtain .bit domains.  That is, if you want a .bit domain, you must pay Daniel Kraft thousands of dollars.

He is also squatting in the id/ Namespace with around 280 names, such as id/a, id/b, id/c, id/schatz, id/schatzi, and even id/satoshi.

At this point, Namecoin's only option for survival is to abandon the use of the d/ Namespace, which is squatted by the criminal gang of phelix, Daniel Kraft, and Jeremy Rand, who are running around like headless chickens pretending to be "Namecoin Developers" when they are squatters who only maintain Namecoin to make a buck.

God I fucking hate domain squatters.  The scummy underbelly of the major TLDs and now in Namecoin as well.

You guys are suck fucksticks, I hope you die.  Well, if it's not you, it's some other cockgobbler doing it, so might was well make a buck, huh?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
That is entirely correct; I adore your exchange; it is by far the best, if not the only, exchange for Namecoin.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.  

We've been slaving away for almost free since 2018/2019!  I'm pretty proud of her.

Day by day in every way, we are getting better and better.
Others can read, so instead respond to the questions about yourself.  None of those you quoted are aimed at you. 

Meanwhile, those directed at you and your fictitious community, as well as scams and Namecoin impersonation, go unanswered.
You're unwelcome in the Namecoin community, and you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life.
Which community? The 14 dead accounts in J.R.'s IRC channels? Or the 12 members, which are currently online in his Subreddit? Oh no, I got it, you are the community! Please more of this projections! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

We're not dead, just unresponsive to con artist trolls like you.  We are a real community, unlike your phoney Telegram channel with 3200 "Namecoin users."

I've been listening to your nonsense for two years and have had enough.  Others have tried to explain things to you nicely, but I'm not going to be one of them.
You should stop spamming this topic; you've been doing it for the past two years.

You're unwelcome in the Namecoin community, and you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life.
You are a con artist scumbag, and your scam is now doomed; I guarantee that your phoney Telegram "community" with 3200 members will be deleted.

Everything you've linked to so far has been written by someone else.  You're a mentally ill individual.
I demand that the Namecoin project post a statement on namecoin.org stating that Uwe Martens is not affiliated with the Namecoin project in any way.

He continues to mislead people into believing that namecoin.org is nothing more than Jeremy Rand's "personal blog" and that namecoi[Suspicious link removed]o (namecoin(dot)pro) is the only legitimate website.

He dupes people by pretending to have 3200 members in his fake "Namecoin community" on Telegram.  He obviously buys followers.

I request that Jeremy Rand send an email from [email protected] to [email protected] requesting that his fake channel, which he has been using for two years to attack anything and everyone connected to Namecoin or expose his scam, be deleted.
I'm sure you said something along those lines, and if I look closely, I can find where you asked others to report him.

No.  We are not the same individual.  Fortunately.

Yes, I agree with you on the domain issue.

Also, I don't do anything for Namecoin, except, provide a platform that allows people to buy & sell NMC with BTC if they wish.

That is entirely correct; I adore your exchange; it is by far the best, if not the only, exchange for Namecoin.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
As BayAreaCoins stated, "Trade Runner" you are a troll who should be banned from BitcoinTalk.

I've never said anyone should be banned from Bitcointalk.

TradeRunner had a little "ban BAC" campaign going for a while, but that was fruitless and backfired something fierce.

I suspect Cyberterrorist and TradeRunner are the same users.  I appreciate the kinder approach to me this round because I'm way crankier than Domob or Jeremy Tongue.

So thank you!

Needless to say, taking money doesn't make someone a bad person.  If you can sell it, sell it... if it feels right.  *shrug*

Also, I don't do anything for Namecoin, except, provide a platform that allows people to buy & sell NMC with BTC if they wish.

If you don't like the way something is going, then make it yourself.  The best project will continue forward.  There is no need to try to strong-arm a .org from someone.  That's not a great look.

Do your own thing, do a good job, earn trust, use donations well, and you will replace "them" naturally.
Pages:
Jump to: