Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 60. (Read 594476 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
whats going on? exciting upgrades or DDOS of everything?

I'm getting namecoin.info/‎  and http://dot-bit.org/ with new AlternC access page. Just checking this is supposed to be there before I enter any login details?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
namecoin website/explorer currently down temporally..

if you need to use a block explorer you can use

http://192.241.222.65/chain/Namecoin

Abe Block explorer, installed by John the creator Smiley

Get an afraid dns u

there's a .bit domain linked, but unfortunately i cannot remember it (it's on the forum) Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

Get an afraid dns u
legendary

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
Oh well, live and learn!  The info should still be correct for 8 months anyway.

Thanks to all of you here who helped revive namecoin this past year.  It's great to see people working on the non-money uses of bitcoin.  Distributed DNS and identity verification is a really awesome thing.  Thanks for your efforts!
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
I used the command line (Windows cmd to namecoind) and registered an id and there was no warning in the instructions on the dot-bit wiki about the over 519 bytes thing, so the id name is larger than 519 bytes (but less than 1023 bytes), and so when I then tried to perform a name update, I got the "error code -1 could not sign name coin output" error.

Is there anything I can do to update the id, or am I boned and I just need to wait for it to expire?

Unfortunately, you can't do anything.  I got bitten by the same problem once.  However, at least it is planned to fix this bug together with possibly increasing the maximum length at some point in the future when a hard fork is done for some planned protocol changes.  Not sure when this will happen, though.
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
I used the command line (Windows cmd to namecoind) and registered an id and there was no warning in the instructions on the dot-bit wiki about the over 519 bytes thing, so the id name is larger than 519 bytes (but less than 1023 bytes), and so when I then tried to perform a name update, I got the "error code -1 could not sign name coin output" error.

Is there anything I can do to update the id, or am I boned and I just need to wait for it to expire?
legendary
When I click on Namecoin-qt it doesn't open for some reason. Is there a known issue with this?

no, should just work
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
When I click on Namecoin-qt it doesn't open for some reason. Is there a known issue with this?

Does it appear in the task manager/system monitor/whatever equivalent?
It might need some time to start.

BTW. This is the right topic for questions regarding namecoin-qt: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236375.9999
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
legendary
legendary
I swear it did multiple currencies
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Is the binary offered on the Namecoin website the best way to put NMC in a wallet?

Try multi bit
Did I miss something?

No its just faster for new users
it's not available for Namecoin....
legendary
Is the binary offered on the Namecoin website the best way to put NMC in a wallet?

Try multi bit
Did I miss something?

No its just faster for new users
legendary

Try multi bit
Did I miss something?
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Expired name will be deleted from the chain?

A name's history is kept forever in the blockchain, just as is done with the history of a chain of Bitcoin transactions.  This is necessary for validation.  However, when a name is expired, implementations are free to remove it from their name-index, so that, e. g., an expired .bit domain may no longer resolve.  Furthermore, when a name is expired, anyone is able to claim it by re-registering the name.  The original private key is not necessary for that; so if you don't want/need a name any longer, feel free to let it expire - but then anyone who is interested in the name may "steal it" after expirey.
legendary

Try multi bit
Activity: 142
Merit: 104
Expired name will be deleted from the chain?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
How much will I have to download after launching Namecoin these days?
About 1.5GB     Depending on your harddrive (ssd) and connection it can be as 'fast' as two hours.
Pages:
Jump to: