Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 65. (Read 594476 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
snailbrain: testing the latest branch and it looks like (from the debug.log) the name_new pop-up is creating the "Automatic name_firstupdate ... " transaction twice?

Code:
Automatic name_firstupdate created for name d/bluewall, created tx: 5a6efa37eab3399d808365632257493d3313e47af8a7f5ed2e687205fe64cefb
sending: inv (37 bytes)
updateWallet da6f03cbfc3bbddf80a4451adab890435b47ebe35e764c32aa7ce77a5edefd8c 1
   inWallet=1 inModel=1 Index=12-13 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=1
updateWallet c41ad2083ef317d14400c8e1c829cf81470a8e4f29a8954ff69596becf834103 1
   inWallet=1 inModel=0 Index=12-12 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=0
   inWallet=1 inModel=1 Index=13-14 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=1
received: getdata (37 bytes)
received getdata for: tx c41ad2083ef317d14400
sending: tx (257 bytes)
14/06/13 22:29:11 Flushing wallet.dat
Flushed wallet.dat 87ms
received: inv (37 bytes)
  got inventory: tx c41ad2083ef317d14400  have
keypool added key 134, size=101
keypool reserve 34
keypool keep 34
total value = 1500000
keypool added key 135, size=101
keypool reserve 35
keypool keep 35
Automatic name_firstupdate created for name d/bluewall, created tx: 156e4aa85ea82f56be91245bac112195e9f597c2ad5fa16692987648c298347f

and they have different tx number? Is this expected behaviour?

there is a few problems with it atm (the auto first update)..

it signs a transaction, but if within 12 blocks you send NMC, the transaction may become invalid. So coins for firstupdate have to be locked somehow.

Example: you have 100 NMC on a single address, create a name_firstupdate. Then you spend 1 NMC. 99 NMC are sent to you onto a new address (the change) and the firstupdate becomes invalid, since its tx-in refers to the old 100 NMC address.

also some other issues.. working on them (will get the log looked at thanks)
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
snailbrain: testing the latest branch and it looks like (from the debug.log) the name_new pop-up is creating the "Automatic name_firstupdate ... " transaction twice?

Code:
Automatic name_firstupdate created for name d/bluewall, created tx: 5a6efa37eab3399d808365632257493d3313e47af8a7f5ed2e687205fe64cefb
   inWallet=1 inModel=1 Index=12-13 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=1
updateWallet c41ad2083ef317d14400c8e1c829cf81470a8e4f29a8954ff69596becf834103 1
   inWallet=1 inModel=0 Index=12-12 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=0
   inWallet=1 inModel=1 Index=13-14 showTransaction=1 derivedStatus=1
14/06/13 22:29:11 Flushing wallet.dat
Flushed wallet.dat 87ms
received: inv (37 bytes)
  got inventory: tx c41ad2083ef317d14400  have
keypool added key 134, size=101
keypool reserve 34
keypool keep 34
total value = 1500000
keypool added key 135, size=101
keypool reserve 35
keypool keep 35
Automatic name_firstupdate created for name d/bluewall, created tx: 156e4aa85ea82f56be91245bac112195e9f597c2ad5fa16692987648c298347f

and they have different tx number? Is this expected behaviour?

Edit: I should say also that the automatic name_firstupdate worked and used the second TX number. I had another one that failed (I used the worng JSON syntax for the name so gui needs some error checking on this before form submission) and it showed as being completed in the TX list ... but sits there not confirming of course. I dug the rand: value out of debug.log (it shows up next to message about automatic name_firstupdate failure) and fixed it manually in debug console.
legendary
snailbrain and coder : 500nmc bounty sent for first tranche of namecoin-qt gui

ba41af08809cbe5b993b6313b4f9735efed3b60c3e5bdb3c1f4d9daa67249c0c

... for next tranche, debugging and merge into namecoin/namecoin master on github.

thank you
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
snailbrain and coder : 500nmc bounty sent for first tranche of namecoin-qt gui

ba41af08809cbe5b993b6313b4f9735efed3b60c3e5bdb3c1f4d9daa67249c0c

... for next tranche, debugging and merge into namecoin/namecoin master on github.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Looking for someone to come represent NameCoin at the Bitcoin EU conference (http://theconference.eu) on a panel of alternative currencies. Anyone available to come to Amsterdam September 27-29 and sit on the panel with Charles Lee (coblee) and others?

Is it an expenses paid trip?

That depends on the relevance of the person's involvement and the budget at the time. Right now, no, it wouldn't be.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Looking for someone to come represent NameCoin at the Bitcoin EU conference (http://theconference.eu) on a panel of alternative currencies. Anyone available to come to Amsterdam September 27-29 and sit on the panel with Charles Lee (coblee) and others?

Is it an expenses paid trip?
legendary
I've added the "dumpprivkey" rpc call to namecoin : https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin/commits/master
Could be useful to test namecoin-qt :p

there is some bug with failed auto-firstupdates at the moment, can cause balance to display incorrect (just visibly).. deleting failed firstupdate transaction seemed to fix..

cassini's problem : it's just blockexplorer shows all as lower case, i just tested earlier.. i have d/xx and d/Xx .. both seem to show in block explorer as lower case even though 1 had a capital.. so you still have the domain.
Activity: 540
I've added the "dumpprivkey" rpc call to namecoin : https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin/commits/master
Could be useful to test namecoin-qt :p

Branch of namecoin-qt has been updated too :
https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin/commits/namecoin-qt

I'm trying namecoin-qt, starting to import addresses only but it seems to freeze on big addresses... and then I need a new blockchain to launch again (but, it was bootstraping at the same time I import addresses).
I'll make new tests when the blockchain will be updated :p
legendary
the gui auto-firstupdating a name still seems a bit unstable.. but please report any and all bugs

don't forget to backup your wallet..  

edit: noticed a few bugs..

wait before upgrade imo.. or please test with wallets without a lot of coins
legendary
the .bit spec only recognizes lower case.. ? so waste of time registering capitals.. probably
Only for domain names. For other purposes it may still makes sense to use capitals.

also it might show you still have the name, but it's expired?
Nope. It's still 3400 blocks before it expires.

yes, you can do any (upper or lower).. but for .bit, only lower will matter

not sure how someone took your name, maybe ask Khal.. edit: the new client shouldn't be any difference than how it was.. is your problem not just with block explorer?

the GUI looks like this :

You can right click on a name to configure with json string.. (will eventually implement "for dummies" .bit standard fields to easily configure)

ignore click for larger view (not doing it again :d)
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
the .bit spec only recognizes lower case.. ? so waste of time registering capitals.. probably
Only for domain names. For other purposes it may still makes sense to use capitals.

Nope. It's still 3400 blocks before it expires.
legendary
if the auto firstupdate doesn't work, you can get the Hex numbers from debug.log. Search for "Automatic name_firstupdate".
the transaction for firstupdate is created and signed immediately (when entered pw), but not broadcasted, still debugging why it crashed.

As firstupdating a name can be done in two different ways:
a) name_new, and instantly issue the name_firstupdate
b) name_new, then wait for 12 blocks before a name_firstupdate
Which one is implemented in the new client?

Both (a) and (b) have worked flawlessly in the old client, where (a) has a few disadvantages (may take longer than 12 blocks to be integrated in the blockchain due to some Repeat Broadcast feature every 30 minutes, I think.)

you can still do all that from console window still .. but now the GUi (will eventually) do this automatically (so b but automatic)

There is something that makes me feel a bit more uneasy, though: how does the new client handle uppercase names?
According to explorer.dot-bit.org, someone took over my d/cara name after some 30000 blocks. My local namecoind client still says I own this name. I had asked phelix if his client shows anything different. He found out, that there are d/cara and d/Cara, which are two completely different things. It's just explorer.dot-bit.org that doesn't discriminate. What about the new client?

it (the GUI in Manage Names Tab) will let you register both upper and lower

Activity: 112
if the auto firstupdate doesn't work, you can get the Hex numbers from debug.log. Search for "Automatic name_firstupdate".
the transaction for firstupdate is created and signed immediately (when entered pw), but not broadcasted, still debugging why it crashed.

As firstupdating a name can be done in two different ways:
a) name_new, and instantly issue the name_firstupdate
b) name_new, then wait for 12 blocks before a name_firstupdate
Which one is implemented in the new client?

Both (a) and (b) have worked flawlessly in the old client, where (a) has a few disadvantages (may take longer than 12 blocks to be integrated in the blockchain due to some Repeat Broadcast feature every 30 minutes, I think.)

There is something that makes me feel a bit more uneasy, though: how does the new client handle uppercase names?
According to explorer.dot-bit.org, someone took over my d/cara name after some 30000 blocks. My local namecoind client still says I own this name. I had asked phelix if his client shows anything different. He found out, that there are d/cara and d/Cara, which are two completely different things. It's just explorer.dot-bit.org that doesn't discriminate. What about the new client?
legendary
it's ok with fresh wallet it seems.. maybe it's something to do with your wallet.. looking again though

All addresses in this wallet are without privkey (from importaddress), so maybe that's one problem.

On the other hand, even using only imported addresses without priv keys this works perfectly if I send from one address to two others (i.e. no address reuse). I will try with a fresh wallet and importaddress, and if that still fails I'll try a fresh wallet and importprivkey.

Ok, so with a fresh wallet and importaddress it fails still, but with importprivkey it works fine.

looking at it now.. didn't test address without privkey.

PLEASE TEST
NAMESPACE REGISTRATION ADDED + Transactions will show name txs (new tab, Manage Names)

https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

Binaries
(MAC NOT UPDATED YET (but should be able to compile from repo), will ask Maxpower when finalized).
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3aa8ukj7v6m5d/Namecoin-qt

will add name filter soon + some more tweaks

would be great if someone with quite a "few" names could test

bugs:
auto-firstupdating after 12 blocks causes crash.. working on it... possibly due encrypted wallet .. sorry.. should have checked... when you submit a new name it will automatically do this, so there is no way out.. maybe don't submit a new name till we sort (hopefully by tomorrow)

right clicking on a name-tx may show some funny values

will sort ASAP
res/icons/tx_nameop.png is missing from sources.

please try now..

you can try the submit button for a name_new (did not crash this time).. if the auto firstupdate doesn't work, you can get the Hex numbers from debug.log. Search for "Automatic name_firstupdate".

Activity: 540
it's ok with fresh wallet it seems.. maybe it's something to do with your wallet.. looking again though

All addresses in this wallet are without privkey (from importaddress), so maybe that's one problem.

On the other hand, even using only imported addresses without priv keys this works perfectly if I send from one address to two others (i.e. no address reuse). I will try with a fresh wallet and importaddress, and if that still fails I'll try a fresh wallet and importprivkey.

Ok, so with a fresh wallet and importaddress it fails still, but with importprivkey it works fine.

PLEASE TEST
NAMESPACE REGISTRATION ADDED + Transactions will show name txs (new tab, Manage Names)

Binaries
(MAC NOT UPDATED YET (but should be able to compile from repo), will ask Maxpower when finalized).

bugs:
auto-firstupdating after 12 blocks causes crash.. working on it... possibly due encrypted wallet .. sorry.. should have checked... when you submit a new name it will automatically do this, so there is no way out.. maybe don't submit a new name till we sort (hopefully by tomorrow)

will sort ASAP
res/icons/tx_nameop.png is missing from sources.
legendary

PLEASE TEST (WILL BE BUGS)

Binaries

bugs:
auto-firstupdating after 12 blocks causes crash.. working on it... possibly due encrypted wallet .. sorry.. should have checked... when you submit a new name it will automatically do this, so there is no way out.. don't submit a new name till we sort (hopefully by tomorrow), as you wil not be able to "easily" get the hex values

will sort ASAP
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

legendary
are you trying this on namecoin.exe or "namecoin.exe - testnet" ?

i got no idea of code but i can sure test gui's,
if someone can send me some nmc's testnet in my direction i can try reproduce the bug.

myTH1TgaSsJ2SsVpwTjXMaKKEzuoWahEB9

maybe create a thread where people can test this, receive nmc testnets and links to latest binaries and  qt download.

i assume nmc testnet will be forked soon? make sure to say if present .exe should be used in real or testnet.
nmc regular blockchain downloads fine in my ssd laptop, nmc testnet is super-slow.

I'm not sure if you mean the bug I'm reporting or just generic testing, but if the former you'll not be able to test using the GUI as there's no means to controlling the change address there.
Activity: 106
are you trying this on namecoin.exe or "namecoin.exe - testnet" ?

i got no idea of code but i can sure test gui's,
if someone can send me some nmc's testnet in my direction i can try reproduce the bug.

myTH1TgaSsJ2SsVpwTjXMaKKEzuoWahEB9

maybe create a thread where people can test this, receive nmc testnets and links to latest binaries and  qt download.

i assume nmc testnet will be forked soon? make sure to say if present .exe should be used in real or testnet.
nmc regular blockchain downloads fine in my ssd laptop, nmc testnet is super-slow.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: