Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 30. (Read 85500 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
(I think I spent way too much time on this, back to work....)
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
thank you for mentioning it. I corrected it in my post.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Hey there,
I've seen many people here complaining about ridiculous stale share rates. That is why I set up some quick solidcoin pool.

We Offer:
  • Regular Stale rate < 1.5%(mostly it will be even below 0.5 due to our WORKING Long Polling!)
  • Proportional Payout system. You can withdraw your cash after the block has matured(after 120 Confirms, you can do the payout yourself from the dashboard)
  • We operate at 5% fees. If you think that is high, just look at your stale share count, which is probably above 20% right now. With us you'll still earn more than with those stale shares!

Note: You can set your pool donation. minimum is 5% which is the fees. You can set this when registering or after registration in the settings page.

Note2: Please provide some valid mail address. We wont send you spam or something, but we'll send out some confirmation mail with a validation link. If you don't want to give us your email, that's just fine. Use an anonymous service like mailinator.com to register

What are you waiting for? Get rid of your stale shares!
404 Not Found. Here's the real link.
Activity: 518
Hey there,
I've seen many people here complaining about ridiculous stale share rates. That is why I set up some quick solidcoin pool.

We Offer:
  • Regular Stale rate < 1.5%(mostly it will be even below 0.5 due to our WORKING Long Polling!)
  • Proportional Payout system. You can withdraw your cash after the block has matured(after 120 Confirms, you can do the payout yourself from the dashboard)
  • We operate at 5% fees. If you think that is high, just look at your stale share count, which is probably above 20% right now. With us you'll still earn more than with those stale shares!

Note: You can set your pool donation. minimum is 5% which is the fees. You can set this when registering or after registration in the settings page.

Note2: Please provide some valid mail address. We wont send you spam or something, but we'll send out some confirmation mail with a validation link. If you don't want to give us your email, that's just fine. Use an anonymous service like mailinator.com to register

What are you waiting for? Get rid of your stale shares!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I've also posted about the bitcoin

https://twitter.com/#!/Skar3/status/107065458062147584

My SC adress: sJHKxBpfe923YED1Sv2yJFCjyHh7cKU96V

Thank you Smiley
bump
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
It seems SCGuild has the difficulty @ the upper right corner of the homepage : http://sc.btcguild.com/#. 11315. Smiley
legendary
Any idea why when I solo mine, shares are accepted when there are no blocks found in the GUI client?
Note: solo mining on Windows 7

MY config consists of the following commands
rpcuser=user
rpcpass=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

I've tried forcing the config file by starting SolidCoin like this
Code:
SolidCoin.exe --conf=C:\Path\To\Config.conf
Starts up just fine I can connect fine shares are accepted from some reason when no blocks are found.... Sad

Still a lot of hash power for the difficulty ,  so probably getting a lot of orphans still.

Not on linux at the moment so I don't know how to accomplish this in windows but could you kindly give me the current difficulty of the network?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Any idea why when I solo mine, shares are accepted when there are no blocks found in the GUI client?

rpcuser=user
rpcpass=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

Code:
Starts up just fine I can connect fine shares are accepted from some reason when no blocks are found.... Sad

Still a lot of hash power for the difficulty ,  so probably getting a lot of orphans still.
legendary

rpcuser=user
rpcpass=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

Code:
Activity: 210
5870 is at ~11%, 5830 is at ~9%.
Brutal, but so it goes.
Activity: 335
For those mining SC@BTC, what's your Stales percentage? Mine are still in double digits, something I don't see when mining for BTC.

I still have double digit stales.. But I had around 30 - 40% stales at difficulty 1,000 or so.

You can try and minimize it a bit with cgminer, but there's new blocks all the time which causes the stales... Nothing can really be done about it.

It's been actually speeding up because the hash rate has been growing like crazy.
Right now I'm looking at ~14% stales, a tad bit annoying.
Activity: 126
For those mining SC@BTC, what's your Stales percentage? Mine are still in double digits, something I don't see when mining for BTC.

I still have double digit stales.. But I had around 30 - 40% stales at difficulty 1,000 or so.

You can try and minimize it a bit with cgminer, but there's new blocks all the time which causes the stales... Nothing can really be done about it.

It's been actually speeding up because the hash rate has been growing like crazy.
Activity: 335
Activity: 126
How many of you are mining solo vs pool for SLC? I mined solo on the first day and made ~160 coins in a few hours by solving a number of blocks. I then sold them to late after SLC crashed and made back only around ~1 BTC. I just moved my miners back to SLC, but I'm mining SLC over at BTCGuild for now. I have about ~4 GHash/s of power. Should I switch back to solo?

I'd just stick to the pools at this point. Difficulty has gone up quite a bit and continues to rise.
Activity: 31
Hey guys,
I made a small android app for https://scexchange.bitparking.com/main

It´s still alpha but you can see the exchange rates, the last exchanges and the hole site if you want to make buy or sell.

If you want some other options just pm me
You have to use "appinstaller" or some other programm to install it.

have phun Wink

http://uploaded.to/file/ibet65f5

Pics here:

(you can buy a premin acc on uploaded.to with BTC)
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Not sure if there is a thread for sc.digbtc.net but...Im having problems w/ their site. Whatever wallet address I try it says "wallet isnt right". Ive tried 3 different addresses...suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
Guys calm down, SC value isn't exploding, since the BTC you're trading them for are dropping like a rock.. xD
Wonder if it's because of SC...
Activity: 18
I made a hashrate / difficulty chart:

http://solidcoin.kicks-ass.org/graphs/graphs.html

I will add more graphs (e.g. "amount of coins mined" and if I can get to the data "exchange rate" and maybe "coin age"), but since RealSolid said it would probably qualify for the "Assorted Graphs" bounty, I'm publishing now (was beaten before by 20 minutes on the "First Block Explorer" bounty).

If it does qualify for the bounty, it can be payed to the donation address given on the page.

I think an optional logarithmic scale would be very useful, especially for the exchange rate, since it has increased in the past few days by more than 2000% Cheesy

(guess who sold half of his solidcoins yesterday...)
sd
Activity: 730
Interesting to see will be if NMC and even I0C introduce difficulty adjustments.

NMC is planning to use merged mining instead. It's better.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I just had a contraversial prediction: parity accross the board

Sounds about right.  Wait a week or so for a new, trivially-"improved" fork to be released, or for the speculators to just lose interest outright; SolidCoin will be back down to Ixcoin levels.  Namecoin will probably stay up for a while longer, until merged mining is implemented, at which point the surge in supply will crash the price.

+1 We will see though.
Pages:
Jump to: