Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 20. (Read 127188 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
What would be a healthy number of connections? Seem to only get 6-8. adding maxconnections=100 to the conf has no effect...

I suspect you have your incoming port closed.

With port open, TBX easily gets 16+ from where I sit.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
What would be a healthy number of connections? Seem to only get 6-8. adding maxconnections=100 to the conf has no effect...

8 connections is fine, i'm running that no problem.  If you want more you have to forward the port from your router.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
How can people even think these TBX are worth anything at all etc.

Chain can be 51% at any time wiping off all your coins.
Exchange can be dumped at any time making price 0.

How many typical cpu's would it take to get 51% of network right now?
Back of the envelope based on last 100 blocks ... network is about 1900kH/s
That's ~100 or so high end CPUs or somewhere around 2000 old/slow ones...
= Still way too small to be more than a small speedbump for an attacker willing to shell out some $ for EC2 instances or with access to even a "tiny" botnet.

The problem with a "typical" CPU ... no such thing.
8-core Opteron or modern high-end Xeon > 20kHps, your average old P4 space heater ~ 1kHps... while using about the same amount of power.
CPUs tend to follow Koomey's law (which roughly says power efficiency doubles every ~15 months).
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
How can people even think these TBX are worth anything at all etc.

Chain can be 51% at any time wiping off all your coins.
Exchange can be dumped at any time making price 0.

Just makes me mind bonkers  Shocked Huh

Enjoy the Tenebrix while you can.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
In terms of making money, it's probably not worth it to mine tenebrix anymore. Mind as well buy them on the exchange.

That is, unless someone buys all the tenebrix up for sale right now for about $300 USD and hoards them.  In the cash, the price would probably go up as the supply is constricted and it is no longer easy to obtain them.

Actually, I would be surprised if someone doesn't do this as it is so cheap right now.

I'm not saying tbx price won't go up. Just saying mining might not be worth the effort and electricity right now. My machine does 11 khash/s. So instead of mining for 0.11 btc each day, I mind ask just buy 0.11 btc worth of tbx on the exchange.... or more if I believe in the coin.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
In terms of making money, it's probably not worth it to mine tenebrix anymore. Mind as well buy them on the exchange.

That is, unless someone buys all the tenebrix up for sale right now for about $300 USD and hoards them.  In the cash, the price would probably go up as the supply is constricted and it is no longer easy to obtain them.

Actually, I would be surprised if someone doesn't do this as it is so cheap right now.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Difficulty just increased to 0.09258932 at block 12096. A bit more than double the previous difficulty of 0.04195601.

By my calculation, if you have 10 khash/s, it takes about 11 hours to find a block. You will make about 51.6 tbx per day. At the current exchange rate of 0.002 btc per tbx, that's about 0.10 btc or about $0.50. So basically about 5 cents a day for each khash/s. In terms of making money, it's probably not worth it to mine tenebrix anymore. Mind as well buy them on the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
The price of tenebrix and number of buy orders is going up exponentially on btc-e

Long live tenebrix?

edit: Difficulty just doubled, too.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Well, I'm going to be assuming the responsibility for a large amount of coins and would recommend you send it in sequences of 500TBX or less.

I'll create a thread describing my to-do list for the faucet. There's a couple of important things left to do, mainly to do with transparency.

Okay, let's move the faucet discussion to a thread of its own.

If you really are going to make this laundry thing and not dump the coins then this is really going to go big. Even bigger than bitcoin i believe. Nefarious stuff is where the REAL dough is at $$$  Cool

Dude, that is E-X-A-C-T-L-Y why I premined millyooonz instead of just private-mining a few thousands and dumping them in the deployment spree.

Ability to have a one-time, absolutely non-repeatable "zomg roflhuge" generation run is worth so much more than just dumping consiz for the equivalent of measly 1000$ (if lucky). If I wanted to dump, I would have premined a sum that can actually be BOUGHT by the market.

P.S.:
Once again, I have no capacity to assess the legal status of TBX / TBX Transaction Mixer users.

Nice one mate. Save the legal disclaimer BS. In Ukraine there is no rulez  Grin In Soviet Russia you make the rulez  Roll Eyes Let the washing begin ASAP pls
Hillariously voracious
Well, I'm going to be assuming the responsibility for a large amount of coins and would recommend you send it in sequences of 500TBX or less.

I'll create a thread describing my to-do list for the faucet. There's a couple of important things left to do, mainly to do with transparency.

Okay, let's move the faucet discussion to a thread of its own.

If you really are going to make this laundry thing and not dump the coins then this is really going to go big. Even bigger than bitcoin i believe. Nefarious stuff is where the REAL dough is at $$$  Cool

Dude, that is E-X-A-C-T-L-Y why I premined millyooonz instead of just private-mining a few thousands and dumping them in the deployment spree.

Ability to have a one-time, absolutely non-repeatable "zomg roflhuge" generation run is worth so much more than just dumping consiz for the equivalent of measly 1000$ (if lucky). If I wanted to dump, I would have premined a sum that can actually be BOUGHT by the market.

P.S.:
Once again, I have no capacity to assess the legal status of TBX / TBX Transaction Mixer users.

If you really are going to make this laundry thing and not dump the coins then this is really going to go big. Even bigger than bitcoin i believe. Nefarious stuff is where the REAL dough is at $$$  Cool
Hillariously voracious
Okay, now time to arrange how shall we fuel this baby. Should I dump a million or two into it right away, or should I sequester the "faucet coins" into a different address and throw smaller chunks of coinage into the faucet when a need arises?

One method removes a large chunk of coinage from my control irrevocably right away, the other seems safer in terms of "what if somethin bad happens to the faucet".

What does community think ?

P.S.:
BTW, I hope it has only one address to send coins to, so that people have easier time watching me feed it ?

EDIT

PPS:
Maybe i'm being extra-dim today, but it doesn't seem to nag for google account...
There's a Tenebrix Faucet up at http://tenebrixfaucet.sytes.net/ if you'd like one of them free ones.
Hillariously voracious
Are you honestly supporting theft and botnets?

I think I should use the "kawai wink" emoticon more often ^__~
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Are you honestly supporting theft and botnets?
Cause that's really what it's starting to look like.
No need for the boxes to be sluggish, assign the tasks low priority and run threads equal to 75% of the CPU, rounding down.
Hillariously voracious
Note to community:
Do due diligence and make it look really hard to distinguish from actual third party invasion. If you can. ~__^

Wouldn't you first investigate as to whether it was the employee or some third-party Evil h4x0r ? ~__^

Nope. Occam's Razor.

It is simpler proposition that your employee looked to scam you rather than some aliens mining on your CPUs etc. !

While aliens are indeed implausible, third party  infecting a work PC with one of them "miner" strains through them intertubes is not.
Wouldn't you first investigate as to whether it was the employee or some third-party Evil h4x0r ? ~__^

Nope. Occam's Razor.

It is simpler proposition that your employee looked to scam you rather than some aliens mining on your CPUs etc. !
Pages:
Jump to: