Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Block Erupter USB Ready to Hash Everywhere in the World - page 2. (Read 57929 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Is it me or do these things become insanely hot? :-) (over what's pleasant to pull & put into an other USB port)
I think I'm going to put an additional bigger heatsink on these...

It's not about size, it's about surface.

This little HS doesn't look like much, but it increases the surface by x9!

ASIC 6x6=36mm2

HS 8x8=64mm2x5(one for each blade)=320mm2

320/36=8,8 plus borders on blades and base = ~ x9

Why friedcat made the new heatsink without surface in mind is completely beyond me, specially since the original was!

Is that a custom heatsink? I don't think I've ever seen such a small one!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Is it me or do these things become insanely hot? :-)

Why friedcat made the new heatsink without surface in mind is completely beyond me, specially since the original was!
"snipped"
IMO- the finned heatsinks actually increased the miner next to it (When in the Hub).
Hub spacing is tight.
Dig the little addition!

What's the model Hub you're using?
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
Is it me or do these things become insanely hot? :-) (over what's pleasant to pull & put into an other USB port)

ASIC 6x6=36mm2

HS 8x8=64mm2x5(one for each blade)=320mm2

320/36=8,8 plus borders on blades and base = ~ x9

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

Yeah, they do indeed get extremely hot to the touch. I would recommend having fans blowing on them.

I love these :: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XN24GY (ARCTIC Breeze Mobile USB-Powered 92mm Portable Fan)
I've been experimenting with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OJN250/
legendary
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Yeah, they do indeed get extremely hot to the touch. I would recommend having fans blowing on them.

I love these :: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XN24GY (ARCTIC Breeze Mobile USB-Powered 92mm Portable Fan)
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
anyone receive the yellow colored once?

Nope, I hope friedcat send me all colours this time. I specifically told him that.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
anyone receive the yellow colored once?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
sorry for bad bad English.
Grammar is not a problem, there are many non-native speakers here, so that's fine.
But using abbreviations and slang terms (like "u" or "wassup") makes it really difficult to understand.

ah sho' know whatchu mean. da cracker ass english language iz fine-ass difficult ta master at times wif all it's subtle nuances an' grammar rules with muh beeotch

Say that with a Scottish accent... Sean Connery in particular.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
Grammar is not a problem, there are many non-native speakers here, so that's fine.
But using abbreviations and slang terms (like "u" or "wassup") makes it really difficult to understand.

ah sho' know whatchu mean. da cracker ass english language iz fine-ass difficult ta master at times wif all it's subtle nuances an' grammar rules with muh beeotch
penises
legendary
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 630
Bitgoblin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
he wazzup? listen i just saw that this is true(i thought was fake but... seems not) so
can u send some or one so i can review here in Brazil? PM if interested.

JFYI i love the idea of easy mining without GPUs and without those boxes as BTF does, even that they say make at least 5Gh/s.
i don't think is true but that not the case here.
But i do have one question...
my ASUS P8Z68-v pro/gen3 has tons USB 3.0 with turbo boost and some stuff that makes way higher that usual, will that make it more fast to mine? or i could use 1.1/2.0 usbs that will work as well equal?

i wish u could PM me at least so we can talk
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Selling erupters - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2389085 2.35BTC each + ostage which is about 0.235BTC within EU
legendary
Activity: 896
legendary
Activity: 858
Wow. For 30 seconds there was a used one for $25. Was going to get it but he/she beat me.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 858
Where can I get one?

ONE, so like a group buy?
Activity: 752
for mac OS

2013.06.06 [12:54] FPGA device detected on cu.SLAB_USBtoUART: Icarus
2013.06.06 [12:55]  Connection failed: null

It sees it, but can't get it to hash.  What's going on?  Yes, I installed the driver
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
have any1 tryed it with Bitminter?

Yes, I am running it successfully on OS X using BitMinter.
Activity: 960
Merit: 502
have any1 tryed it with Bitminter?
Pages:
Jump to: