Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ixcoin 0.3.24.2 SECOND mandatory update released - page 3. (Read 9335 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
If I use one copy of my wallet.dat for the old client and another one for the new client, I guess you can spend the Ixcoins in both chains? Tongue
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What... isn't this the season of giving? Or am I early?

Yeah. By Christmas we'll all wonder if Thomas is a jar of ketchup that somehow learned to type. Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
What... isn't this the season of giving? Or am I early?
IXCOIN = Developer FAIL

HEY. Satoshi did a GREAT job on Bitcoin.

Oh, wait. You're calling Thomas a developer...

OH MY FUCKING GOD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Activity: 224
IXCOIN = Developer FAIL
You realize mining on the old client doesn't actually do anything, right?  The new client won't recognize the chain fork made by the old client and vice-versa, so they're not hindering each other.

Except users on the old chain may think "oh, the problems have been fixed" and may never upgrade.

Have a _ton_ of fun as soon as someone realizes they can scam old-chain ixcoin users by sending them 100% worthless coins. To say nothing with what happens if mining on old chain picks up and more people say "Oh, well, screw this new chain" and switch back because old chain is more useful...
Activity: 168
If people choose to mine on the original fork then yes it does affect the goal of ixcoin and its founder. LOL

No, it's like mining testcoins, this will have no impact on the chain of the new client. It just counts if the exchanges etc. are supporting the new chain.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I'm running the new client on my machine, my pool and the bitparking exchange. All show the block count as 20027. If you're running the old client I'm pretty sure transfers to/from the exchange won't work as it's on the new client.

Now thats excellent incentive to get users to move to new client/chain, no upgrade then no exchanging Wink

LOL as if we really care about exchanging our precious ixcoins that we are mining just to piss off Thomas. LOL Wink

You realize mining on the old client doesn't actually do anything, right?  The new client won't recognize the chain fork made by the old client and vice-versa, so they're not hindering each other.
If people choose to mine on the original fork then yes it does affect the goal of ixcoin and its founder. LOL
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
I'm running the new client on my machine, my pool and the bitparking exchange. All show the block count as 20027. If you're running the old client I'm pretty sure transfers to/from the exchange won't work as it's on the new client.

Now thats excellent incentive to get users to move to new client/chain, no upgrade then no exchanging Wink

LOL as if we really care about exchanging our precious ixcoins that we are mining just to piss off Thomas. LOL Wink

legendary

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
legendary
I'm still seeing 115+ Ixcoin clients on Freenode's #ixcoin channel and only ~47 on LFNet #ixcoinxx channels, so I'm guessing they still haven't switched over. Once these switch over to the new client, the block count will increment more rapidly.

Nasakioto, it looks like ixCoin is finally "out in the wild". Why? The creator no longer has the ability to change the rules!  Cheesy
Some funny shit huh. Lol
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
wont surprise me if the old connected users are botnet users , no way to get them to switch if the botnet dont have direct control anymore heh.
Activity: 172
Merit: 283
Thomas Nasakioto
Block 20027 now available.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
I'm still seeing 115+ Ixcoin clients on Freenode's #ixcoin channel and only ~47 on LFNet #ixcoinxx channels, so I'm guessing they still haven't switched over. Once these switch over to the new client, the block count will increment more rapidly.

Nasakioto, it looks like ixCoin is finally "out in the wild". Why? The creator no longer has the ability to change the rules!  Cheesy
legendary

Let's just see what happens if we all choose not to update our ixcoin clients. I'm not. I'm likely to mine for the shit of it on the old client for the forseeable future.
Activity: 172
Merit: 283
Thomas Nasakioto
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
If you listen carefully, you can hear the circus music.
Pages:
Jump to: