Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ixcoin 0.3.24.2 SECOND mandatory update released - page 5. (Read 9329 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283
Thomas Nasakioto
Quick turnaround guys Wink Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
Coinotron pool has been restarted and is using the new client.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Please restart your 0.3.24.2 Ixcoin clients. Thanks.
Bitparking pool and exchange have been restarted and are using the new client.
Activity: 172
Merit: 283
Thomas Nasakioto
Please restart your 0.3.24.2 Ixcoin clients. Thanks.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source.

No, please leave the ill-thought-out parameter changes to the alternate block chains.  Most of us like BTC just the way it is, for good reason.

よろしく。

well this isnt the place for that debate, but tell namecoin how fun it is. their next diff change is january next freaken year, they are mining a 100k+ diff with an hash rate that calls for an under 10k diff. .

yeah yall love to claim there is a crap load of problems with this, but yall tend to put up very little in the form of a substantive debate. you are just myoptic. Wait until theri is a real challenge to btc(if their isnt already one) and when the BTC miners flee, you will wish diff changes kept up as transactions slow to a crawl. heck it already took me 1.5 hours last night to get my btc to the exchange, when my sc was there in .5hours.now what happens if half the miners left btc for some reason? electricity, hard core banning in theri countries, natural disasters, or just a good competitive coin? yeah I dont want to wait 3 days for my coins to be useful.
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source.

No, please leave the ill-thought-out parameter changes to the alternate block chains.  Most of us like BTC just the way it is, for good reason.

よろしく。
Activity: 476
moOo
well even if it is copy paste, glad you are updating the client. Competition is a good thing even if I still have a lot of reservations over ixcoin.

Did you basically copy the solidcoin code to fix yours ? Wow :O.

so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source. Yeah i wish there was more unique development but I'm not going to chastise him for stealing the difficulty algo, it was wise to do.

Could anyone tell me why is there a need to limit decreases in difficulty? Why not just let it adjust freely?

because if it gets too low, we get problems with with the i0coin release.

Apologies for the multiple updates

I would rather have 100 updates than a broken client. though it would be nice if somehow the clients can tell they are out of date and update themselves. people dont want to have to monitor the clients and check the forums all the time. people want to be able to go on vacation and come home and find things are still working.

yeah I still have reservations, and yeah i still think you are old miner  Cheesy but competition is a good thing, updates are a good thing and as such i wont use this thread to attack you or ixcoin, there are more than plenty of places for me to do that. The only thing I will say is people should investigate why there is so much animosity and make up their own minds.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
We've made some changes to Ixcoin addressing issues raised since its release. This is a compulsory update otherwise your Ixcoin client will not communicate with other updated nodes after Sep 1rst 2011. The blockchain remains intact.

I wonder what Thomas would do if the same miners that pumped up his difficulty beyond reach showed up around block 20055 and ignored what he imagines to be a "compulsory" update, forcing the blockchain down a different path.  Could make for a fun split...

Wow. That may be the first good reason I've seen to consider a mining contract!
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
We've made some changes to Ixcoin addressing issues raised since its release. This is a compulsory update otherwise your Ixcoin client will not communicate with other updated nodes after Sep 1rst 2011. The blockchain remains intact.

I wonder what Thomas would do if the same miners that pumped up his difficulty beyond reach showed up around block 20055 and ignored what he imagines to be a "compulsory" update, forcing the blockchain down a different path.  Could make for a fun split...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Coinotron:

Code:
GH/s Miners Round Profit/BTC Exchange rate Difficulty
IXC 0.01 1 190 h 29 m 0.44 0.00211226 16384

One miner? I really wonder who it can be
You guys seem to be prone to cognitive dissonance.

serious,
you guys look like total fuck ups in life, like government flunkies. XD

Show me your man tits./

They're called pecs. I can bench more than my body weight.
Activity: 84
You guys seem to be prone to cognitive dissonance.

serious,
you guys look like total fuck ups in life, like government flunkies. XD

Show me your man tits./
Actually it was inherited from Bitcoin. But I guess you are right that I won't get an answer here.

Yeah, my bad. Crossed wires for a moment and thought you meant the timing in adjustments, not the limit for adjustments.
Activity: 392
The SolidCoin author felt it was a good idea. ixcoins is simply inheriting this because the ixcoins author did not have the ability to solve the retarget problem in ixcoin on his own. The difficulty mechanism belongs to SolidCoin, so check the SolidCoin thread for the rational and feedback.

Actually it was inherited from Bitcoin. But I guess you are right that I won't get an answer here.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
Looks like my idea for RadioActive Coin is starting to seem a bit more appealing, eh?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/radioactive-coin-39751

That's exactly what he did, yeah. And he actually didn't get it right the first time, which is why there is a SECOND mandatory update release.

See, if ixcoins can't difficulty-adjust to something useful for months, his pre-mined 580,000 coins are going to be completely worthless. Who's going to buy them when we get to the point where transaction confirmations take six weeks? For all his talk about how this was to be a "direct" Bitcoin fork he was really quick to grab from another fork and change the fundamental rules when things went sour for him.

I'll also remind everyone that it comes as no surprise that he can't maintain his code by himself. If he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have pre-mined thousands of blocks. He would have simply edited the code to put a million coins in block 1, and however many (96 I think?) in every block after. Of course then it would be much easier to see if the transactions were really for bounties as he later tried to claim.
legendary

Yup that's how the pros do it! Wink

Satoshi...Nasakioto...He stole heritage too.  Thomas?  Really?  THOMAS Nasakioto?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Yup that's how the pros do it! Wink
legendary
Can I bum a cig?  My Ixcoins are worthless

Actually I don't have any Ixcoins.  Same thing.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
Pages:
Jump to: