Pages:
Author

Topic: {ANNOUNCEMENT} WBX Exchange Frozen - page 10. (Read 45343 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2012, 08:50:53 PM
On a positive note, the BTC Chris is holding have increased in value so if they were to be liquidated and distributed now, people would receive a greater amount than they would have a few months back.

unless a few months back they were able to invest them at 7% per week.
Activity: 868
July 16, 2012, 08:22:47 PM
On a positive note, the BTC Chris is holding have increased in value so if they were to be liquidated and distributed now, people would receive a greater amount than they would have a few months back.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
July 16, 2012, 02:16:35 AM
His forum profile says "May 26, 2012, 03:45:57 AM".  That's about 50 days ago.
legendary
July 16, 2012, 02:14:33 AM
Not real news, but for interest.

Also not real news, but I noticed yesterday that I am no longer Andre's "buddy" on google talk.

I've apparently not seen him online for 59 days, so I guess that's roughly how long ago I stopped being authorised to see his online status:

July 16, 2012, 02:04:38 AM
Just as a quick update, I've just finished a lengthy call on another matter with my lawyer in Sydney (another $200), and we finished up quickly discussing Andre.  Some time ago, Andre asked me to provide details so his lawyer could talk to my lawyer.  As expected, that was simple bullshit.

Did your lawyer talk to him or did you just give your lawyer's details to Andre via his current contact methods?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 16, 2012, 01:18:07 AM
Just as a quick update, I've just finished a lengthy call on another matter with my lawyer in Sydney (another $200), and we finished up quickly discussing Andre.  Some time ago, Andre asked me to provide details so his lawyer could talk to my lawyer.  As expected, that was simple bullshit.

legendary
July 11, 2012, 07:38:21 PM
This morning I accidentally spent a little of the WBX funds I'm holding.  I replaced the funds as soon as I noticed.

See http://blockexplorer.com/address/1DodGYjF5LFoKg186jANZV9U8znXjagSzS for details.

It appears nobody noticed my slip-up, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
June 27, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Unfortunately if they are anything like the equivalent Office of Fair Trading in Victoria you'll likely get no help from them at all (they basically don't take the consumers side but instead are on the side of the businesses).

They probably can't help directly beyond logging complaints and informing people about their legal options at the moment.  It's definitely worth those who believe that WBX was operating as a Ponzi scheme lodging a complaint.  People who have a history of failed businesses also tend to come under closer scrutiny, so it's worth getting the WBX debacle put on record for the future.

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
June 27, 2012, 09:17:38 AM
Somewhat ironically, security licences (I checked - their licence is valid until December this year) in Queensland are issued by the Office of Fair Trading - the same government body which investigates scams and fraud.

Unfortunately if they are anything like the equivalent Office of Fair Trading in Victoria you'll likely get no help from them at all (they basically don't take the consumers side but instead are on the side of the businesses).
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
June 27, 2012, 09:04:53 AM
So much fail on that site, spelling errors all over the place and built with WIX? Seriously?
June 27, 2012, 06:56:23 AM
Good on him.  Angry Just like I predicted, scammers scamming again and again. Undecided

I wonder if some scam for a living and if you can make a decent $$$ that way Cheesy

The security courses they're offering come at over $600 a pop, so if they can suck people in with their "premier security service" and "high profile clients" bullshit, then it's certainly possible to rake in some dollars - especially seeing they're offering online courses.  

Somewhat ironically, security licences (I checked - their licence is valid until December this year) in Queensland are issued by the Office of Fair Trading - the same government body which investigates scams and fraud.
June 27, 2012, 06:06:15 AM
Andre's opened a new business.  He's now "CEO" at Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.

Here's the ASIC details.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=panelSearch&adf.tfDoc=/taskflows/panelSearch.xml&searchText=progressive%20security%20services&searchType=OrgAndBusNm

Note that the company was registered before the deregistration of High Net Worth Property Pty Ltd and before the collapse of WBX.  Andre is a director of the new company.

http://www.mysecurity.com.au/company/Progressive%20Security%20Services%20PTY%20LTD/609.html

My name is Andre Jensen,I am one of three directors for Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.
With combined experience of 20 years in security and military we have gained over many years in the industry, we have been equipped with the tools to analyse the basic requirements and essentials in order to improve the quality of our services, which ultimately ensures the satisfaction or our clients.

Andre JensenDirector/ CEO
Progressive Security Services PTY LTD
ABN: 51 153 993 634
Firm: 3504975
617 31026 000
[email protected]

For those wanting to serve legal papers, the business address is helpfully listed in the White Pages.

Mobile Service
208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

It's a residential property which was bought for $235,000 on 15/08/2011.  I'll see if I can track down who the buyers were.

It goes without saying that if Andre has taken the route of personal insolvency in order to become judgement-proof in respect of WBX, then he is prohibited from acting as a director of a company while bankrupt.

The company is offering on-line security certification, among other things.

More info here.

http://an6102.wix.com/progressivesecurity#!about

Some Google bombing might be in order here in order to make potential customers of the new business aware of Andre's track record.

Good on him.  Angry Just like I predicted, scammers scamming again and again. Undecided

I wonder if some scam for a living and if you can make a decent $$$ that way Cheesy
June 27, 2012, 04:37:18 AM
Andre's opened a new business.  He's now "CEO" at Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.

Here's the ASIC details.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=panelSearch&adf.tfDoc=/taskflows/panelSearch.xml&searchText=progressive%20security%20services&searchType=OrgAndBusNm

Note that the company was registered before the deregistration of High Net Worth Property Pty Ltd and before the collapse of WBX.  Andre is a director of the new company.

http://www.mysecurity.com.au/company/Progressive%20Security%20Services%20PTY%20LTD/609.html

My name is Andre Jensen,I am one of three directors for Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.
With combined experience of 20 years in security and military we have gained over many years in the industry, we have been equipped with the tools to analyse the basic requirements and essentials in order to improve the quality of our services, which ultimately ensures the satisfaction or our clients.

Andre JensenDirector/ CEO
Progressive Security Services PTY LTD
ABN: 51 153 993 634
Firm: 3504975
617 31026 000
[email protected]

For those wanting to serve legal papers, the business address is helpfully listed in the White Pages.

Mobile Service
208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

It's a residential property which was bought for $235,000 on 15/08/2011.  I'll see if I can track down who the buyers were.

It goes without saying that if Andre has taken the route of personal insolvency in order to become judgement-proof in respect of WBX, then he is prohibited from acting as a director of a company while bankrupt.

The company is offering on-line security certification, among other things.

More info here.

http://an6102.wix.com/progressivesecurity#!about

Some Google bombing might be in order here in order to make potential customers of the new business aware of Andre's track record.
rjk
1ngldh
June 15, 2012, 08:23:42 PM
No idea. I made that statement based a wild guess, since the actual policy doesn't exist as far as I know in writing. As far as we can see here, he appears to have disappeared. I'd guess that if he popped up somewhere else with the intent to run another business, he would get the label, but it's hard to tell when existing applications are so inconsistent.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
June 15, 2012, 04:49:33 PM
I'll ask again: why doesn't Andre have a scammer tag under his name?
Apparently, those are only for repeat offenders or those that may be likely to do the same again. At least according to the administration here, from what I understand. I guess that goes to show why quite a large number of scammers don't get tagged.

Who the hell made the assessment that he's not likely to do it again?
June 15, 2012, 03:57:16 PM
Apparently, those are only for repeat offenders or those that may be likely to do the same again. At least according to the administration here, from what I understand. I guess that goes to show why quite a large number of scammers don't get tagged.

Excellent. So if I vanish for a month do I also get the tag removed automatically like a boss Huh

Loving the hypocrisy on this here forum mates ...
rjk
1ngldh
June 14, 2012, 09:24:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
June 14, 2012, 07:36:53 PM
rjk
1ngldh
June 14, 2012, 06:01:55 PM
You guys can talk about doing something all you want, and point fingers and scream and yell too, but I predict that next year at this time the same exact shit will still be happening, and Andre will still be coming back every few months to post an insincere update. Just like he has been doing recently, just posting often enough to make people think he cares.
Activity: 395
June 14, 2012, 05:49:20 PM
even a "can't help" from them

get this "can't help" in writing.

Yep.  While I don't think Andre would have a hope in hell of shifting legal liability to Chris if refunds were made in a manner not consistent with legal requirements, I'd still like to see Chris as protected as possible regarding the disbursement process without him having to shell out for legal advice.
yeah, completely agree. If I ever get some money back, I'll definitely donate a fair share of it to Chris for his efforts. I still feel somehow troubled by the amount of work/issues/trouble he now has, only because he programmed for a (seemingly) guy who seems to have no interest whatsoever to treat his customers fair.
Especially taken into account that some people (e.g. Seal) offered to take over the exchange, others offered legal help (e.g. myself) but not a single answer to those offers...
Pages:
Jump to: