Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing BPIP - The Bitcointalk Public Information Project! - page 20. (Read 33691 times)

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Mate, I just want to inform you that I think I found a minor bug on your bpip.org site
https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=mu_enrico

Current Merit: 94
Merit Received: 97

This issue occurs when I quote a merited post below my post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44757543 and the merits on that post are counted into my merit balance. https://bpip.org/smerit.aspx?to=mu_enrico

Cheers!
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
I think there might be an issue with how merit is being counted. My profile (highlighted) says I have 1142 merit, however per my profile, I currently have 1137.

I received merit on a fairly old post today that already had merit from someone else, so that might be what is causing the issue.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
When you go to your profile and click on RECEIVED under Merit, does it show all the entries correctly?

Yes, it does. Even "Merit Received" stat is correct (240). It looks like if the system added 14 default merit instead of 10. As I mentioned in my previous posts, it doesn't happen when I request an update manually.

Thanks.  I've recently added multiple parsing ability... obviously it's not locking the record properly and sometimes a hit gets recorded by two parsers at the same time.

When it happens, it only affects your merit score until your next update.  :/
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
When you go to your profile and click on RECEIVED under Merit, does it show all the entries correctly?

Yes, it does. Even "Merit Received" stat is correct (240). It looks as if the system added 14 default merit instead of 10. As I mentioned in my previous posts, it doesn't happen when I request an update manually.
Vod
legendary
Interesting.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Interesting, it happened again. Current merit should be 250, not 254. I am not going to update my profile manually since it might help Vod to investigate this issue.
My Merit count is too high too. I think the server double counts when parsing Recent merits, and that's where I would start looking for the bug.
legendary
Interesting, it happened again. Current merit should be 250, not 254. I am not going to update my profile manually since it might help Vod to investigate this issue. The position has not updated as well.

legendary
Probably your profile was last parsed before you got your last 4 merit.
After you have manually updated your profile the was parsed and those missing were added to you total score.

The BPIP showed more merit than I actually had. After updating my BPIP profile, my current merit decreased to 242 from 246.

Edit: As you can see, my profile was parsed on 22th August before doing it manually.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I have just noticed a small bug. My current merit is 242 while BPIP shows 246. Since I was a Member when the merit system was introduced, I was given 10 merit at the beginning. Merit Received (232) is displayed correctly.

Edit: After requesting an update of my profile, the current merit is correct. Any idea what might have caused that?

Probably your profile was last parsed before you got your last 4 merit.
After you have manually updated your profile the was parsed and those missing were added to you total score.

August 23, 2018, 05:55:44 PM: 1 from harizen for Basics of the Lightning Network - explanation and wallets
August 23, 2018, 10:23:29 AM: 2 from bob123 for Basics of the Lightning Network - explanation and wallets
August 23, 2018, 09:06:08 AM: 1 from buwaytress for Basics of the Lightning Network - explanation and wallets

You can see here when you profile was last parsed here >

[/s]

Ignore the upper part. I misread the post.

What was the last time to be parsed then?Yeah I see it from the picture > 22.08.18/1:20:42 PM I think I've seen this too with my profile, but after manually updating the problem goes away.
A bit more info from my side :
When I saw this "problem" the fist time I did't realize that it was wrong I though I misread it and I manually update the profile, after I checked with my current merit they were the same. But since you mention it now, I do realize that I did't actually misread it and it was a wrong score, a few more merit that I actually had.

Vod will check it for sure.
legendary
I have just noticed a small bug. My current merit is 242 while BPIP shows 246. Since I was a Member when the merit system was introduced, I was given 10 merit at the beginning. Merit Received (232) is displayed correctly.

Edit: After requesting an update of my profile, the current merit is correct. Any idea what might have caused that?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
this is a nice project!

BTW, how is the trust watching working? could there be a bug regarding personal "Trust settings"?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Suggestion 1:

Just like there is a 'MostTrusted' rank page, also consider making the rest of the categories available as well. Like MostMerited, MostPosts etc

Currently replacing mosttrusted with mostmerited etc on this address https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostrecognized redirects to the landing page.

Suggestion 2:

Consider tagging the profiles that are SMAS blacklisted. And keep it updated.

I agree this would be a chore.

PS:
I will refrain from giving you a merit cuz it says you are one of the most 'favorite' profiles that I give merit to.
That's not true. I don't like you at all  Grin Roll Eyes Shocked

PPS:
I shall consider donating soon.
legendary
Vod, can you make a text-file with all banned userIDs, updated every time you parse modlog?
Yes, I am planning to have a meta log that you will be able to parse to see accounts that have been moved to archive or back to active again.
Great!

I hope you are putting '(Some) data provided by BPIP" if you are using my data in your charts.  Smiley
It will be more like: "All data provided by BPIP isn't shown", as I'll use it to exclude banned accounts.
Vod
legendary
Hey everyone, I took a couple days off.  Smiley

Vod, can you make a text-file with all banned userIDs, updated every time you parse modlog?

Yes, I am planning to have a meta log that you will be able to parse to see accounts that have been moved to archive or back to active again.  Should be done by the weekend.  I hope you are putting '(Some) data provided by BPIP" if you are using my data in your charts.  Smiley

Can we list the top 50 member hoarding their sMerit, based on the merit they have recieved?
It will be a good way to track their activity to avoid further merit abuse.

That is a good idea.  I'm also going to make a report listing the users that have the most deleted posts with merit in them, as well as the users that sent the most merit to deleted posts (help catch merit cheaters this way.)

Just a small suggestions.
Redirect the http://bpip.org to https://bpip.org
Now it comes error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

Will do.

This would help with the userflow of your site, as there doesn't seem to be any way to access those specific rankings pages without knowing the direct link to it.

I'm still working with ibminer to figure out the best way to display report links.  I plan to have a lot of data, so I want the userflow to be built properly.

Are you planning on updating the Expenses section of the Sponsor page? I'd gladly like to pledge a couple bucks a month to keep this site up and running.

Starting Sep 1 I will be paying people to run parsers for me.  I will start updating the sponsor site then.  If there is a particular area or something you want to sponsor, let me know! 

legendary
It would safe a lot of work if I can exclude banned accounts from lists of spammers.
I can download all profiles from bpip one by one, as I did for 250 profiles, but I prefer not to burn your bandwidth that way. I often create lists of thousands of accounts, checking only one text-file would be very convenient.
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Can we list the top 50 member hoarding their sMerit, based on the merit they have recieved?
It will be a good way to track their activity to avoid further merit abuse.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Vod, I love your website! It's great to see detailed Merit stats, modlog and information about banned users.
I checked some profiles and saw "have at least x sMerit available". Can I ask you why it's shown only on some profiles?

We don't know how many sMerits people got from the original distribution so the 'at least..' number just means available from the sMerit gained from receiving Merit. Accounts that have spent all of that may still have some distribution sMerit left but it is unknown so nothing is displayed. The same goes for sources as it is unknown how much they get each month.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
Vod, I love your website! It's great to see detailed Merit stats, modlog and information about banned users.
I checked some profiles and saw "have at least x sMerit available". Can I ask you why it's shown only on some profiles?
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Just a small suggestions.
Redirect the http://bpip.org to https://bpip.org
Now it comes error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
Hey @Vod, just a couple of suggestions:

1. Can you add a link in the footer to this announcement thread?
2. Can you add links to the "accolades" of a user's profile to link to the respective pages? Example: "Most Recognized" section would link to the most recognized page. "Most Merited" would link back to the merit page, etc. This would help with the userflow of your site, as there doesn't seem to be any way to access those specific rankings pages without knowing the direct link to it.

Pages:
Jump to: