Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OXN] OXEN | PoW/PoS Hybrid | Blake2s CPU | No Premine | Launched - page 4. (Read 15054 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
So, I just had this idea while responding to another thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18242.480)

I am looking for pentesters and developers to work with as a bitcoin "security team".

Basically, the idea is that we provide penetration/exploit testing for pool owners and maybe even individual users if they are so inclined and repair any security flaws and/or exploitable code.

If interested, please reply with your area of expertise, what tools you use and rate yourself on how knowledgeable you are in your field on a scale of 1 - 10 where 1 is "little to no experience" and 10 is "I can build a computer from the ground up and write all my own programs in Windows and *nix OS's".

Personally, my area of expertise is in penetration/exploit testing with some programming skill. The tools I use include but are not limited to: nmap, metasploit, wireshark, kismet, ettercap, hydra and MANY others. On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate myself as an 8 in my field.

What about you...?

This fact and the fact that the dev is still silent are certainly worrying, I definitely think dev has something to do with the virus(es)
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
The dev being silent on the situation is not a good sign...

So, I just had this idea while responding to another thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18242.480)

I am looking for pentesters and developers to work with as a bitcoin "security team".

Basically, the idea is that we provide penetration/exploit testing for pool owners and maybe even individual users if they are so inclined and repair any security flaws and/or exploitable code.

If interested, please reply with your area of expertise, what tools you use and rate yourself on how knowledgeable you are in your field on a scale of 1 - 10 where 1 is "little to no experience" and 10 is "I can build a computer from the ground up and write all my own programs in Windows and *nix OS's".

Personally, my area of expertise is in penetration/exploit testing with some programming skill. The tools I use include but are not limited to: nmap, metasploit, wireshark, kismet, ettercap, hydra and MANY others. On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate myself as an 8 in my field.

What about you...?

4 years ago ...

Oh no thats not good. I scanned the stuff only the minner cpu files showed up for me. What now
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Seems to be... Dev said he paid for miner. But he is offline now.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov
So ... the wallet is clear - right ?

The malware comes from gpu or cpu miner.

Who posted them ?
Activity: 441
Bigboss

What about you...?

4 years ago ...
Someone is hardly solomining now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
he is busy breaking some firewall lol
Activity: 602
I have Linux Router and interactive firewall on windows, no new connections, wallet running from yesterday...

Dev, hello? Answer something.
this in netstat, is dangerous? msnbot-191-232-139-87:https

how can i know if i'm infected? i don't want to format
I have that too in my netstat, some googling says that its a bot by Microsoft. http://superuser.com/questions/1045873/what-does-msnbot-mean-in-netstat-listings.  Doing a WHOIS on the IP also says that its an official Microsoft ip Smiley
this in netstat, is dangerous? msnbot-191-232-139-87:https

how can i know if i'm infected? i don't want to format
The vps i have the qt and cpuminer installed on is also clean  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
yes virus confirmed. how did we miss it. My computer didn't even alert me of a virus. But someone did a remote desktop to my pc and tried to login into bittrex. I cut my pc off before they hit the login button. Just finished reformatting and clean install.

what you installed only the qt?

had installed both cpu miner, gpu miner and qt. had them running when it happened.
yes virus confirmed. how did we miss it. My computer didn't even alert me of a virus. But someone did a remote desktop to my pc and tried to login into bittrex. I cut my pc off before they hit the login button. Just finished reformatting and clean install.

what you installed only the qt?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
I've runned CPU miner, Gpu miner and oxen-qt so far I don't seem to be infected.
I'll run a full virus scan now. Let's see.
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
Still no activity...
I don't have any infections either, running the wallet, gpu miner and cpu miner  Huh
Activity: 91
Merit: 0

Seen some strange 'taskhost' file (without extension) too in my sandbox in windows/temp folder.
Though not sure where it comes from  Huh
Anyone can confirm that?

I had this too, avira caught it. Did you run both the wallet and miner? Edit: I mean the miner OP posted.

only the wallet was running for stacking
so our pc is infected now ? i'm scanning and can not find anything

No infected activity here... Wallet working whole day.
Firewall interactive mode ON.

so he said this is the virus guy, what he mean? if there is no virus what is the problem?, this same guy was spreading also the miner

I don't know. I'm just saying no any activity here... Maybe it's infected, maybe not...
Pages:
Jump to: