Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][OXN] OXEN | PoW/PoS Hybrid | Blake2s CPU | No Premine | Launched - page 9. (Read 15054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
Never heard of this algo before, is it new? Or a variant of blake?

its a new algo ... there is a paid gpu miner that will be in free mode within a week ... only cpu mining free now

A paid GPU miner? Meaning that if someone wants to mine via GPU right now they can pay you for it?

yeah you can get the miner before released to public for some money  
That's not all that fair, is it? Dev keeps a GPU miner to himself for his own coin and waits a week to release it to the public? Might as well have just rolled a massive premine into this.
I'm not a fan of primines, but I understand the purpose. Saying no premine but having a GPU miner on a cpu only coin is imho deceitful.

There is no gpu miner as of now it looks he is saying with most coins that start off as only cpu mining  someone comes along a week later and develops gpu miner and offers to sells it as we've seen a few times.

I think you misunderstood:

I thought maybe he mistyped. We need some proof? But I would agree that we could see a gpu miner sooner or later as with most cpu only coins.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500

its a new algo ... there is a paid gpu miner that will be in free mode within a week ... only cpu mining free now

A paid GPU miner? Meaning that if someone wants to mine via GPU right now they can pay you for it?

That's not all that fair, is it? Dev keeps a GPU miner to himself for his own coin and waits a week to release it to the public? Might as well have just rolled a massive premine into this.
I'm not a fan of primines, but I understand the purpose. Saying no premine but having a GPU miner on a cpu only coin is imho deceitful.

There is no gpu miner as of now it looks he is saying with most coins that start off as only cpu mining  someone comes along a week later and develops gpu miner and offers to sells it as we've seen a few times.

I think you misunderstood:
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING

I agree with you about premines, to an extent. I was making a comparison of GPU vs CPU to a very large unfavorable-to-the-general-public premine.

Deceitful seems to be a good descriptive word for what is going on here.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff

I'll be stopping this on my pool for the time being.
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff

Well screw that. No premise but paid / dev GPU premine? Yea.... nope
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1050

not entirely sure about the algo, but you can give it a shot at superninjapool.tk
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Marijuanacoin.org

legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
Why should we mine this coin?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Blake2s GPU miner is now available, I've paid for:

Windows : https://github.com/oxencoin/ccminer-blake2s/releases/download/ccminer-rel1.7.5-blake2s-x64/ccminer-rel1.7.5-blake2s-x64.zip

Source: https://github.com/oxencoin/ccminer-blake2s

Happy Mining!

[SPECIFICATIONS]

Name: OXEN
            Symbol: OXN
            Algo: Blake2s Read more
            Total PoW Coins: <2,000,000 OXN
            PoW Length: ~2 Months [~90000 Blocks]

PoW Block Rewards:
            [1 - 10081 = 100 OXN]
            [10082 - 90000 = 10 OXN]

PoS Block Rewards:
            [1 - 20162 = 10 OXN]
            [20163 - Indefinitely = 1 OXN]

Block Time: 60s
            Stake Age: 4 hrs
            Stake Maturity: 120 blocks
            Block Maturity: 240 blocks

[WALLET]

windows:
            https://mega.nz/#!b4IQTQRa!1D6qGvT1_2rWGacFsHe5lGgs2wULJBCHTeb7-iTfM6I
            OR https://github.com/oxencoin/oxen/releases/download/v1.0.0/oxen-qt.zip

osx:

source: https://github.com/oxencoin/oxen

oxen.conf
Code:
rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASS
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcport=8543
[MINING]

Pools

https://oxen.suprnova.cc

CPUminer

source: https://github.com/ig0tik3d/blake2s

windows: https://github.com/ig0tik3d/blake2s/releases/download/v1.1/blake2s-cpu.zip

Solo mining:

Code:
./minerd -a blake2s -o IP:PORT -u RPCuser -p RPCpass

Pool mining:

Code:
./minerd -a blake2s -o POOL:PORT -u user.workername -p pass

[EXPLORER]

Soon, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/oxen/

[EXCHANGE]

Working on it.

Pages:
Jump to: