Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 46. (Read 121938 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Hello palmdetroit,

(first post here)
I have been reading on phs for awhile now and decided to get into it with the new client release (which actually syncs at least 10 times faster on my laptop, thank you for that ^^). The thing is i don t have any mining hardware and mining doesn't attract my attention that much so i don't plan on buying anything for that.

So there is my question: is it possible to actually buy some phs right with euros €, or do i have to buy bitcoins then trade thoses bitcoins for philosopherstones and do the opposite when i want to cash out?
And do i have to pay attention to bitcoin exchange rate? (if it drops, does the rate on phs drop too? or is it independant)

Anyway i'm still decided to get my and on some phs

thank you.

Hi, Glad it's faster for you, I like the quick start-ups.

You can acquire PHS at the exchanges listed on the first posts, and yes only for BTC at the minute, however plans are in place to add PHS to a USD>ALT>USD (direct) exchange in the future.

And yes a good example when PHS made its 150x price run based in BTC, BTC was also up, so in this way PHS works as a bit of leverage. This works both ways it seems  Tongue So I guess you can view it as a sort of leverage on BTC (which is what all alts are to different degrees)

hope this helps.
legendary
Wonderful, thanks a lot. Using the same idea as the dev of HBN?  Wink Not that it's bad, quite the contrary, as my favorite coins happen to be HBN and PHS.  Cool

I support PoS based coins and think it's in everyone's interest to have some basic standards between clients.

For example everyone can find their stake/mint information in the same place across clients, makes it user friendly.

Not to mention, I like having this too    Wink (and let's face it the majority of users hate going to console so why force them)
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Wonderful, thanks a lot. Using the same idea as the dev of HBN?  Wink Not that it's bad, quite the contrary, as my favorite coins happen to be HBN and PHS.  Cool
legendary
New minting icon is added and ready for Download to try out.

If you already updated to 1.4.0 you can just use this new QT:
Download Windows 32bit 1.4.0B3
Philosopherstone-1.4.0B3-win32.zip             4B9CAA47320AD71265E4E7B643CF44BD

If you havent updated to 1.4.0 yet, please see:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5730714

OR git 1.4.0B3 branch:
Code:
git clone -b prerelease git://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone

Not minting - hold mouse over icon to see why

Minting - hold mouse over to see specifics
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
wow i heard of this coin but never cared to check.. stupid me.

i have masters degree in philosophy but somehow i was denying existance.
now i see its coolest coin out there.

drop me my 1st before i put my hashrate on that! Just installed wallet!

9U2jDt22iXK1TXfCghjetjCXbcb1yszJFi
Activity: 98
Hello palmdetroit,

(first post here)
I have been reading on phs for awhile now and decided to get into it with the new client release (which actually syncs at least 10 times faster on my laptop, thank you for that ^^). The thing is i don t have any mining hardware and mining doesn't attract my attention that much so i don't plan on buying anything for that.

So there is my question: is it possible to actually buy some phs right with euros €, or do i have to buy bitcoins then trade thoses bitcoins for philosopherstones and do the opposite when i want to cash out?
And do i have to pay attention to bitcoin exchange rate? (if it drops, does the rate on phs drop too? or is it independant)

Anyway i'm still decided to get my and on some phs

thank you.
legendary

Downloaded all this new stuff, have wallet unlocked, and have owned the coins for about 6 weeks, not seeing anything about stake.

Would make it such a great coin, if this minting feature didn't require  quite so much technical knowledge  to use.

It's being simplified, see post above yours, for example.

It usually takes 10-15 days for minting on unmoved stones from when they are sent to your wallet.
Activity: 91

Downloaded all this new stuff, have wallet unlocked, and have owned the coins for about 6 weeks, not seeing anything about stake.

Would make it such a great coin, if this minting feature didn't require  quite so much technical knowledge  to use.
legendary
Awesome work. downloading new blockchain using v1.4 client + picked up a couple thousand PHS for cheap over at Cryptsy.

Great, will put out another update with more features:P

legendary
Activity: 1232
Awesome work. downloading new blockchain using v1.4 client + picked up a couple thousand PHS for cheap over at Cryptsy.
legendary
Requires NEW blockchain and Re-Sync (well worth it!)

Code:
Faster Start up (20x) ; Faster syncing
New repairwallet removes all orphans and cleans up Recent Transactions
Unlock wallet in client
Minting Icon

Downloads
Download Windows 32bit 1.4.0
Philosopherstone-1.4.0-win32.zip               D219C3E37FE7E5AD74E61FA6222C4202

Source

How to upgrade:
You must delete old blockchain files!
Code:
1. Stop current Qt Client/stoned and wait 1-2 minutes.
2. Back up wallet.dat
     Windows c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/philosopherstone/  
     Unix : /home/user/.Philosopherstone
3. Delete all files in your directory above EXCEPT wallet.dat and philosopherstone.conf (if you have one)
4. Delete old clients before version 1.4.0 (do not use older clients after upgrade!)
5. Unzip 1.4.0 to where you would like and run QT file, and run it
6. You must re-sync which will take 1-12 hours depending on your computer
7. Go grab lunch as client re-syncs
8 (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)
9. Make sure you are fully synced before using new features below

Wait until Fully Synced:

Code:
Optional:
O  To clean/remove orphans for your wallet help>debug>console and type 'repairwallet' (then wait - client may appear to lock up for some time)
O  To unlock your wallet for minting stake settings>unlock wallet.
O  New Sync icon in QT shows you when you are minting (see below)

How to unlock to mint:

Not minting - hold mouse over icon to see why

Minting - hold mouse over to see specifics
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I was searching for some interesting alt coin and found PHS. Then I go to http://phstones.com/ and when click on Download it actually downloads DimondCoin 1.0.4 . Shocked

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
legendary
Next update for PHS is a larger one and will require deleting old block chain files and doing a full re-sync, luckily it will be much faster than the current client  Wink

Benefits of the new client

Fast Start-up (about 20x+ faster)
Faster initial sync and faster syncing when catching up (2-8x faster)
Lower resource use CPU/Memory/IO
Option to remove all orphans from wallet (and annoying bug in recent transactions)
Bug fixes and lots more

It's being tested now and release a test version for testers by this weekend.

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Awesome and quick response! Working well after a couple days.

PHS is pretty cool.
legendary
1.3.5 Coin Control and improvements
(if you used 1.3.5beta thanks, and upgrade once again for more improvements!)

*Fees seem to calculate a bit high compared to actual fees, will try to fix that later

Download Win32 1.3.5

Source

Patch Notes:
Code:
Coin Control
OSX build fix
Address Book related bugs patched
Other wallet improvements

Update instructions:
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1 min for shut down.
2. Zip or back up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded.
4. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)

How to use Coin Control to resolve Dust problems:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annphs50-pos-philosopherstone-nopremine-10-month-dist-1641-292720
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Thanks, that helped me understand what is going on.   
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Good News, everyone

1.3.5b , Coin Control and other improvements: Will make a quick guide to handle dust using CC

*Fees seem to calculate a bit high compared to actual fees, will try to fix that later-

Download Win32 1.3.5b

Philosopherstone-1.3.5b-win32.zip              9D7ADA0AB8DF429EAB82E63A402B7FD7

Update instructions:
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1 min for shut down.
2. Zip or back up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded.
4. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)

How to visualize your dust:

1 Turn on CoinControl

2 Click Send > then click inputs

3 Number in () is total TX per an address (this can get large with old dusty wallets)

that is awesome, i like it... another underated coin here.
legendary
I still am not sure what I am doing wrong, I still have no coins staked and still showing this in my wallet.

"StakeReadyStones" : 0,
"stakeinterest" : 0,

I open my wallet, then unlock it using a .bat file, the message that says 'Minting is stopped due to wallet being locked' goes away.

Then I can leave my wallet open for 24 hours or more and open it every day over a period of several days, I have had coins in my wallet for a month now, and nothing happens.

I am still unable to figure out what is wrong and why I am not able to do any PoS.

Hi,

Check the 4 lines above that, the ones 'weight' you should see these increasing over time, ones in below-weight are too young. Also if StakeReady says 0 there is nothing yet to stake. Did you send some stones out after you received them?

You can post results here or PM for me to take a quick look at it.

Also you can verify the address has indeed the balance using explorer.
http://diamondblocks.info/chain/Philosopherstone
Pages:
Jump to: