Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 50. (Read 121938 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Wallet will not sync.

Of the 40+ stones I mined with a GPU rig, only 21 remain. It seems that coins get "magically" subtracted from my wallet.

I'm getting "interest" payments sent to my wallet every hour, app hung, rebooted, restarted wallet, won't sync.

I think this coin is officially destroyed. Nice try though.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Check out FireCoin!
Net hashrate of 1,000+ Mh/s, but only 3 pools are listed? 1 of which has 0 people hashing.

Are there additional pools out there to join?

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

should we go?
Code:
We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote PhilosopherStonecoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin.  .

Go to www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com and click on the Speaker Tab.

Thank You

Please update to fix connectivity issues (will try to keep this last post for a bit so everyone upgrades)

News: Connectivity has been patched Please Update 1.3.4

Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32.zip               F12DCC25F2DBB7175DE3FB80521A33A6

There is no doubt the key players in these stones should go to this.  It will help a great deal in promoting the stones bringing more people to our community.  So, yes palmdetroit should go for sure!!!!

Activity: 70
Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.

I believe PHS hit number one on Coinchoose earlier today. It's down to #15 now.

Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).

Thx

It is like peercoin then.

I was thinking what's stopping someone from making super POS coin that would generate 2000%  or more per year. Why not?

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hi All,

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Hi All,

Let me know.
A little help please, as I'm new to PHS and the whole POS thing. Basic questions, but the answers would be valuable to many, I am sure.

I've been running v1.3.2 of the wallet client, which I understand needs to be upgraded. So, when I run the new version, do I need to import my stones from the old client? How do I do that? From a wallet.dat backup? How to execute this (debug console window? Import private keys? What are the specific steps/commands?)

Just replace the new files from the zip with the old ones.

That's all.

Right. But which 'files', and how? The 'files from the new zip are the phs qt and stoned.exe, so you clearly don't mean those. Are you saying import the old wallet.dat? See, that was precisely my question. Which files, and how.

Hi the release files are all in one, as to make upgrading easy.

Will add this to main Post.

Upgrading
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1-2mins for all files to shut down / close.
2. Optional, but recommended: Zip up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS for backup Windows>(c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/philosopherstone/)  (if you already keep frequent backups can skip)
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)
Stake

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
A little help please, as I'm new to PHS and the whole POS thing. Basic questions, but the answers would be valuable to many, I am sure.

I've been running v1.3.2 of the wallet client, which I understand needs to be upgraded. So, when I run the new version, do I need to import my stones from the old client? How do I do that? From a wallet.dat backup? How to execute this (debug console window? Import private keys? What are the specific steps/commands?)

That's all.

Right. But which 'files', and how? The 'files from the new zip are the phs qt and stoned.exe, so you clearly don't mean those. Are you saying import the old wallet.dat? See, that was precisely my question. Which files, and how.

Hi the release files are all in one, as to make upgrading easy.

Will add this to main Post.

Upgrading
Code:
1. Stop current Qt client(wallet) and wait 1-2mins for all files to shut down / close.
2. Optional, but recommended: Zip up wallet.dat or the data directory of PHS for backup Windows>(c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/philosopherstone/)  (if you already keep frequent backups can skip)
3. Unzip download to where you would like and run QT file, and run it -you are upgraded. (Check help>about Philosopherstone to verify version)
Stake

That's all.

Activity: 79

That's all.

Also, no clue what this 'IRC attack' was or what it implies for me.

Finally, is there a 'beginners' guide to how to set up POS minting, or could someone put one up here? I did see the in-wallet 'easy methos' steps one can do in console tab, but as was pointed out by the poster, there is the concern about having wallet passphrase left in history.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
I'd say you should. The coin is a fairly good trade on the exchanges.
legendary

should we go?
Code:
We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote PhilosopherStonecoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin.  .

Go to www.CryptoCurrencyConvention.com and click on the Speaker Tab.

Thank You

Please update to fix connectivity issues (will try to keep this last post for a bit so everyone upgrades)

News: Connectivity has been patched Please Update 1.3.4

must have been an older version. The one you linked in the other post load right up. Thanks!

connectivity was bad on the older clients too so you should be good to go!

yep, back to mining! Thanks again
legendary

must have been an older version. The one you linked in the other post load right up. Thanks!

connectivity was bad on the older clients too so you should be good to go!
PHS Wallet gets stuck loading. "not responding" can't get it to load up properly

Did have the same problem, but fixed it by doing steps above in this topic.

" BTW, if anyone is having issues remember we have a temporary workaround for the IRC problem

http://dns.phstones.com/

this will give you 50 alive nodes on main chain to put into .conf file whenever you access the page.

If you notice your connections going down after doing this, then you have indeed staked off the chain and will need to delete the data files of PHS (keep wallet.dat and philosopherstone.conf, with nodes from above) then dl the good one to resync (which is fast if you use nodes above) "

It will run through the start up "indexing...etc" as soon as it switches to the wallet. It stops responding. I have the image of the wallet, but everything inside is blank. Not graphics what so ever. Just the frame. I already had the conf file set up. Bad zipfile possibly?

Never have heard of this but it sounds like it does the index and start-up then qt hangs, maybe let it wait a bit to see what happens. If that doesn't help try the stoned exe and see if that runs and syncs if possible, if not you may need to dl new blockchain/files. Is it an older windows?

I have an update which will be posted shortly, will add a new message when ready, you can try that. They are tested before release.

legendary
Introducing 1.3.4 Connectivity Fix  Wink

No more addnodes.. there was much rejoicing... /ya......

Win32 QT:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32.zip/download

BTW we could use some donations to pick up some more seed nodes for the future. Please see original posts for PHS or BTC donation, thx
legendary
PHS Wallet gets stuck loading. "not responding" can't get it to load up properly

Did have the same problem, but fixed it by doing steps above in this topic.

" BTW, if anyone is having issues remember we have a temporary workaround for the IRC problem

http://dns.phstones.com/

this will give you 50 alive nodes on main chain to put into .conf file whenever you access the page.

If you notice your connections going down after doing this, then you have indeed staked off the chain and will need to delete the data files of PHS (keep wallet.dat and philosopherstone.conf, with nodes from above) then dl the good one to resync (which is fast if you use nodes above) "

It will run through the start up "indexing...etc" as soon as it switches to the wallet. It stops responding. I have the image of the wallet, but everything inside is blank. Not graphics what so ever. Just the frame. I already had the conf file set up. Bad zipfile possibly?

Never have heard of this but it sounds like it does the index and start-up then qt hangs, maybe let it wait a bit to see what happens. If that doesn't help try the stoned exe and see if that runs and syncs if possible, if not you may need to dl new blockchain/files. Is it an older windows?

I have an update which will be posted shortly, will add a new message when ready, you can try that. They are tested before release.
Activity: 74
i got my first stake a couple days ago. Thankyou everyone for the how-tos
Pages:
Jump to: