Author

Topic: [ANN]PiCoin [POS+POW] [SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN] - page 143. (Read 150802 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
February 06, 2017, 02:00:21 PM
In case of POW what algo planned?

Thinking about X13, because i want to give GPU miners the possibility to mine. CPU seems to be very woundable to botnets.
X13 is not asic resistent algo: http://cryptomining-blog.com/8181-baikal-miner-now-with-asics-supporting-x11-x13-x14-x15-quark-and-qubit/

Thank you for the feedback. Did anybody ever test such a miner? I was pretty sure that this was a preannouncement/fake.
X13 was planned, yes. Poll about pos pow/pos Hybrid will be over in 24h, seems like the hybrid will win Smiley

Which coin will you use as base? Quark would be nice for an algo.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 06, 2017, 01:18:02 PM
Lithium last year used the same method slightly differently for the Airdrop. Later dev vanished for a month. Then coin get listed in yobit. No wallet released.

Is this the same as Pi?

No it's not, i don't know Lithium. How was it listened on an exchange without the wallet released?

For the betatest, will there be a github page (or something) or everithing will be here / on https://picoin.club webpage?
Yes there will be a github page, github is right now in private mode. All the wallets will be downloadable precompiled or from the source on github Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
February 06, 2017, 12:53:04 PM
For the betatest, will there be a github page (or something) or everithing will be here / on https://picoin.club webpage?
Merit: 250
February 06, 2017, 12:46:42 PM
Lithium last year used the same method slightly differently for the Airdrop. Later dev vanished for a month. Then coin get listed in yobit. No wallet released.

Is this the same as Pi?
February 06, 2017, 12:37:34 PM
Signature shareholder list has been updated.
How step to participated on PiCoin Airdrop ?
For being able to receive free PI on the airdrop you have to do one/or more of the following tasks:
- join the signature campaign and reach a forum level above "newbie" (easiest way of earning free PI)
- complete/win a community contest (rewards will be permanent for the complete duration of the airdrop)
- translate the ANN in different languages (russian is reserved yet, no bounties have been payed and no bounties have been added yet)
- host a block explorer
- host a pool
- we will also have a twitter campaign, but we are not sure how to handle twitter campaign yet

After the wallet is released, you will have to register with username/email/address. You will then receive free PI according to your shares (sharelist will get updated once a week or once per day, we are not 100% sure yet because we want to give the community a feeling of "aidrop mining", meaning rewards will get lower from day to day (week to week)).
Following the poll on https://picoin.club/polls (Poll is still active until 7th february) it seems like the PoS/PoW hybrid is winning. So PiCoin will also be mineable.

Here is a small screenshot showing the actual picoind running on a linux system:

*edit: sadly i still can't link pictures Sad*

The picoind isn't finished yet, and Windows/linux/mac gui wallets are not finished. So far the network is running stable, the wallet is stakeing fine. The complete blockchain will get reset on official launch of the wallets.
Activity: 517
February 06, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
How step to participated on PiCoin Airdrop ?
Activity: 137
February 06, 2017, 07:41:31 AM
This coin looks interesting Cheesy
I'm joining the signature campaign (my signature limit is 50 characters).
February 06, 2017, 06:37:45 AM

Thinking about X13, because i want to give GPU miners the possibility to mine. CPU seems to be very woundable to botnets.
X13 is not asic resistent algo: http://cryptomining-blog.com/8181-baikal-miner-now-with-asics-supporting-x11-x13-x14-x15-quark-and-qubit/

Thank you for the feedback. Did anybody ever test such a miner? I was pretty sure that this was a preannouncement/fake.
X13 was planned, yes. Poll about pos pow/pos Hybrid will be over in 24h, seems like the hybrid will win Smiley
Activity: 373
February 06, 2017, 04:51:42 AM
This coin using Algo X13?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
February 06, 2017, 04:46:27 AM

Activity: 646
Merit: 500
February 06, 2017, 04:45:14 AM
 joining the signature campaign.
Merit: 257
February 05, 2017, 06:36:24 PM
Count me in as well if possible. (Despite the low post amount...)
I quite like the idea of putting PI into every relevant number that specifies the coin's properties, as well as that there is no ICO and the community building idea!

PiCoin is the Future! Cheesy
(Too bad that I have to evolve to jinuor member to put link to the signature...)
February 05, 2017, 06:14:04 PM

I'm in your signature campaign Wink

You have been added Smiley
copper member
Activity: 798
February 05, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
I'm in your signature campaign Wink
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
February 05, 2017, 04:46:05 PM
February 05, 2017, 04:15:16 PM
Maybe i didn't make this clear: You wont be able to recevie free PI without doing sth for the community...

sth - is what?

right now I'm trying to get any forum rank to fully join signature compain.

ready to help in any walet testing etc.

sth means something Smiley
A higher forum rank is always good for several reasons, like reduceing time between posts, signature lengh, ...
Activity: 532
February 05, 2017, 03:12:41 PM
Maybe i didn't make this clear: You wont be able to recevie free PI without doing sth for the community...

sth - is what?

right now I'm trying to get any forum rank to fully join signature compain.

ready to help in any walet testing etc.
February 05, 2017, 02:53:03 PM
Airdrop from decred doing nothing and they received coins.
You mean that on decred they receive free coins without doing anything?
Well, this is a decision the decred devs made. We dislike such a coin distribution because we want to form an active community. We dislike "lurkers" just takeing/dumping free coin. We prefere a maybe smaller community in the beginning, which is showing interest in PI not because of free coins but because of the features.

I know, that right now you might not be seeing why PiCoin should be worth haveing a look or even investing. But we are two very active devs. picoinsupport, as he told before, will handle community related questions. For giving you a better view, check this out:

picoinsupport:
- handleing future support questions about PI
- will answer all PMs you send him, sending me the requests which will require server knowledge
- he wont have access to the masterwallet with airdop coins

picoindev:
- doing all the picoin source/wallet related actions
- doing all the server/node actions so far (picoinsupport will handle some nodes in the future by himself)
- currently doing alpha testing of the wallet (small peak: linux picoind is running stable, POW and POS are fine, sending/receiveing coins also fine, wallet running stable for more than 5 days now, 3100 blocks on alpha picoin wallet)
- manageing sharelist on the ANN

If you have any questions and you want to send them via PM, you can always contact me or picoinsupport.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 05, 2017, 02:11:48 PM
Airdrop from decred doing nothing and they received coins.
February 05, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
I am back from the weekend Smiley

Sharelist has been updated.
Some more informations: All people signing up for the signature campaign, with a still active/valid signature until launch, will receive bonus daily PI for joining the campaign in the early days.

Air Drop? How work this?

The wallet is scheduled to be launched on march 2017. After the launch you have to register (Username, Email, Password, Address) on https://picoin.club in order to receive your shares.
The coindistribution will last for 6 months, while users will be able to stake the received PI. Depending on the size of the community, you will receive more or less PI per day. If more people are signing up you will receive less, because we will payout everyday the almost same amount. This is lowering the amount PI the individual user receives. By this, each user has less PI to trade and so PI is getting more "rare". If we drop all coins in the beginning, there will be a big dump and PI would receive a lot of damage.

Sharelist has been updated.
just registering on the website we will have tons of multiple account like for many other project! Wink
Maybe i didn't make this clear: You wont be able to recevie free PI without doing sth for the community. There will be tasks like "PI Logo Contest" where you can receive permanent free PI. The signature campaign will give you free PI but not just by signing up via walletaddress 'n email. Other contests will also give you permanent free PI. We will also check for multi accounts, and for multi account protection complete fresh bitcointalk accounts won't receive any free PI. They will have to "level up" a bit in order to receive free PI, but it shouldn't be hard to do 20 posts and receive free PI. If i have the feeling, that someone is trying to exploit the system, the accounts will get suspended until everything is clear.
This evening, the PI / forum rank (signature shares) will get released. After that you can calculate with the given formular how many PI you will receive per day.
Jump to: