Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】【PIRL】【nPOS】【Validator - Nominator 】【Substrate based】【IPFS Masternode】 - page 29. (Read 142222 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
It is interesting to know when will the full payments on  masternodes.
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
haha do you know that feeling when you are looking for something on your PC and you find some wallet of some coin you dont even remember mining? So i found a pirl today, was probably trying to mine it in november... nice to see it is worth 10x more now  Cool
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
The solution to the energy consumption is not that easy. If all the miners would buy energy from renewable energy sources the price per kWh would increase and other “green energy” users would be forced to switch back to conventional energy sources. The entire POS concept seems to be the better choice - don’t get me wrong I am a miner myself (only using energy from water energy sources) and love it but the energy consumption is huge.

That's not how economics works; in the VERY short term, perhaps. But increased demand for green energy drives demand for production, research, and development into larger and more efficient renewable energy sources. If the demand on the grid suddenly went from 1/4 to 1/2 renewable, you wouldn't have more customers switching back to nuclear, oil, or coal, you'd have more companies developing biomass, hydro, wind, solar, etc.
Activity: 271
Merit: 101
I am curious. How do you see profitability of PIRL masternodes?
13 seconds between blocks, 2 PIRL for MN from each block. Looks interesting. Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Hi guys, i'm a newbie... I've a problem... from few days my Win wallet give my an error when i lunch it.
This is the error:

Anybody can help me? i fear to loose my pirls..
Thank all

Same error with Nautilus Wallet... Huh Huh

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

Do you have another coin wallet when starting PIRL wallet?

You can also get additional support by joining the PIRL Discord chat. https://discord.gg/z4faFxD

Thanks j0v8008 for your answer. I tried to do an experiment. I installed a new wallet in my laptop and I passed the old appdata Pirl folder in it.
Before this I try to start the new wallet, everything is ok, but after passing the folder gives me the same error..
Maybe as a newbie I did not save the right key .. When I installed the wallet I made different accounts and the only key i have belong to an old account. I lost my pirls ??
You have to copy only the keystore files (located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Pirl\keystore), not the entire Appdata folder.
Backup all your keystore files ,delete pirl related folders in AppData, install a clean version of Nautilus, reboot, and import your keystore files. It should work
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi guys, i'm a newbie... I've a problem... from few days my Win wallet give my an error when i lunch it.
This is the error:
http://i65.tinypic.com/vrvtw8.jpg

Anybody can help me? i fear to loose my pirls..
Thank all

Same error with Nautilus Wallet... Huh Huh

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

Do you have another coin wallet when starting PIRL wallet?

You can also get additional support by joining the PIRL Discord chat. https://discord.gg/z4faFxD
PIRL newbie here.

Can you run a masternode on Windows?

What are advantages over ETH, EXP, UBQ, ELLA,...? Why should one invest in PIRL instead of these other coins?

Thanks.

Masternode can only be run on Linux at this time. 
Can Piril be solo mined?

Yes it can.  Mining operation can be established using GETH Fork made for PIRL. PIRL can be downloaded here http://release.pirl.io/downloads/

If you prefer to build - https://github.com/pirl/pirl

Activity: 154
Activity: 27
POW MINING WILL ALWAYS BE IMPLEMENTED AND WILL NOT TURN INTO POS.

This is nonsense.  Cheesy
Are you ready to burn hundreds of kilowatts of electricity and ruin the environment, rather than to follow the example of other eco-friendly POS coins spending many times less?

A small example:

(BTC: 14.000,000 TH/s = 1,120,000 AntminerT9 * 12.5 TH/s; 1,500W each * 1,120,000 = 1,680 MW of power)
To power ETH network you need 70,695,200 GPUs GTX1070 25MH/s each; with each GPU taking 100W: 7,069 MW of power
Both BTC (1,680 MW) and ETH (7,069MW) can power New York City!
(DMD: 137 MNs * 5W RaspberryPi = 685W)

So how much electricity are you ready to burn now?  Smiley

I see that just as an incentive to turn to renewable energy sources... wind, water, sun vs burning coal. If you want to be eco friendly, don't use crypto at all, because it all runs on computers.

The solution to the energy consumption is not that easy. If all the miners would buy energy from renewable energy sources the price per kWh would increase and other “green energy” users would be forced to switch back to conventional energy sources. The entire POS concept seems to be the better choice - don’t get me wrong I am a miner myself (only using energy from water energy sources) and love it but the energy consumption is huge.

What you say makes sense of course in theory but in practice you have to consider this: most of the POS crypto assets are MLM shitcoins, and are conceived just to scam people out of their money. At least that's what I saw. I also think that decentralization is better achieved with POW, because everyone (relatively speaking) can join in, not just investors and gamblers.

So maybe it would make sense to have a solution like for taxes just an inversed version. Someone owning few coins gets a higher staking percentage with a steep decline when hodling huge numbers approaching nearly zero.

Makes sense, also related to energy efficiency, I would probably ban huge pool mining and encourage solo mining for up to 8 gpus, to limit in some way processing power of each miner.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Are you ready to burn hundreds of kilowatts of electricity and ruin the environment, rather than to follow the example of other eco-friendly POS coins spending many times less?

A small example:

(BTC: 14.000,000 TH/s = 1,120,000 AntminerT9 * 12.5 TH/s; 1,500W each * 1,120,000 = 1,680 MW of power)
To power ETH network you need 70,695,200 GPUs GTX1070 25MH/s each; with each GPU taking 100W: 7,069 MW of power

I see that just as an incentive to turn to renewable energy sources... wind, water, sun vs burning coal. If you want to be eco friendly, don't use crypto at all, because it all runs on computers.

What you say makes sense of course in theory but in practice you have to consider this: most of the POS crypto assets are MLM shitcoins, and are conceived just to scam people out of their money. At least that's what I saw. I also think that decentralization is better achieved with POW, because everyone (relatively speaking) can join in, not just investors and gamblers.

So maybe it would make sense to have a solution like for taxes just an inversed version. Someone owning few coins gets a higher staking percentage with a steep decline when hodling huge numbers approaching nearly zero.

A small example:

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

A small example:

A small example:

i set -1 and it still does that. i would like to mine solo if possable or somehow fix ezminer i tried running in compatability mode no luck. is the black command window spose to disapear right after click start mining.

There are two settings:

-allpools 1
-allcoins -1

Try and see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

A small example:

Activity: 111
PIRL have even discord wallet :v I didn't know that, It has really profitable bounty right now on twitter and plans for the 2018, which include adding token to the exchanges it will be huge
Activity: 154
PIRL newbie here.

Can you run a masternode on Windows?

What are advantages over ETH, EXP, UBQ, ELLA,...? Why should one invest in PIRL instead of these other coins?

Thanks.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
i set -1 and it still does that. i would like to mine solo if possable or somehow fix ezminer i tried running in compatability mode no luck. is the black command window spose to disapear right after click start mining.
Pages:
Jump to: