Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 100. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
While I dislike the automatic daily payout if account > 0.001 BTC over at middlecoin it certainly mitigates this issue.

I've had nothing stolen, though my payout address was changed. Even if my balance had been stolen, it's only a couple days of mining income. Why do people treat a small mining pool like a bank? If you have hundreds of dollars worth of BTC stored in such a place you have only yourself to blame when it gets stolen. This is 10x more applicable to this pool, because they're running some 20-odd? different crypto blockchains and clients, plus all the logic for auto-trading and accounting. The more complex a system is the more likely it will have vulnerabilities.

I'm continuing to mine here, hoping that the operators will identify and fix the problem, and communicate to end users how/if they intend to make this right. I'm also going to suggest the pool impose a maximum BTC balance for auto-payout to limit their liability in the event of future hacks.
Activity: 116
let's all calm down and just relax until they sort this out. I am hopeful everything will be reimbursed and we can return to mining here. time will tell.
Tay
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
The down side to an unregulated system of transferring currency.  It isn't the first and wont be the last.

Spent a bit of time on Blockchain looking at the trail it left earlier. Very messy.  I hope everybody that lost currency, gets it back.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Ops should reimburse users, but only partially - if someone is too stupid to leave 0.5+ BTC on pool ran by two (doesn´t matter how honest) guys, where no one can expect robust security platform, deserves nothing more than loose it. During 6 months of mining I lost coins in various scams (Unocs, Orbit Coin, PhenixEx..) and I learned one thing - You are on enemy territory and if You loose, it was by your mistake so blame no one but You.

aTriz and nearmiss did great job here, so stop complain and try to be supportive.

The only person stupid here is you... Be supportive for a bunch of f... amateurs. I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK
Activity: 98
My cash out address was changed but my balance is intact... interesting.
that means you got lucky and they terminated the transfers before it got to you.

looking at the transactions, this was running for almost 2hrs cashing people out systematically.

Hopefully it was because they only keep enough BTC in the hot wallet to cover a typical day's transactions. Otherwise it's just lucky if everyone didn't get hit.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
getting hacked can happen to anyone, big banks have gotten hacked, hell even the FBI got hacked, and it sucks real bad when they stolen your money, I was lucky nothing was stolen from me.

Feel bad for all you guys who's hard earned coins have been stolen , but I also feel bad for the Owner of Hashcows, who has put all this effort into building this site.

Hope you guys find out soon how the hackers got in, secure the hole and I will again mine with you guys

Word.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Activity: 224
would be nice if Bitcoin had a feature to stop coin theft like this...
Either way, this can be tracked and found... Bitcoin is NOT like Fiat cash... IT IS Traceable. 

I would give 25% of my loss as a reward to catching the crook. 
With 40-400 BTC at stake, 10-100 BTC as a reward for bringing the guy to justice would be a nice reward...
Anyone else care to chip into the reward system and get people investigating to catch the MoFu?

time to make a bitcoin assassination fund on the hit market!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
Ops should reimburse users, but only partially - if someone is too stupid to leave 0.5+ BTC on pool ran by two (doesn´t matter how honest) guys, where no one can expect robust security platform, deserves nothing more than loose it. During 6 months of mining I lost coins in various scams (Unocs, Orbit Coin, PhenixEx..) and I learned one thing - You are on enemy territory and if You loose, it was by your mistake so blame no one but You.

aTriz and nearmiss did great job here, so stop complain and try to be supportive.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Lost 0.55 btc...

will never point again my miners to such amateurish pool runners
Activity: 112
getting hacked can happen to anyone, big banks have gotten hacked, hell even the FBI got hacked, and it sucks real bad when they stolen your money, I was lucky nothing was stolen from me.

Feel bad for all you guys who's hard earned coins have been stolen , but I also feel bad for the Owner of Hashcows, who has put all this effort into building this site.

Hope you guys find out soon how the hackers got in, secure the hole and I will again mine with you guys
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
would be nice if Bitcoin had a feature to stop coin theft like this...
Either way, this can be tracked and found... Bitcoin is NOT like Fiat cash... IT IS Traceable. 

I would give 25% of my loss as a reward to catching the crook. 
With 40-400 BTC at stake, 10-100 BTC as a reward for bringing the guy to justice would be a nice reward...
Anyone else care to chip into the reward system and get people investigating to catch the MoFu?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
They also stole me!! The thief send all my bitcoins to this address 13R87ropkDKzDEuVeQoX64kkcLvPWVdTKH --> This is the thief address, not mine. I'm very angry, because it was only around 0.002, but it was 1 full month mining! Maybe is a security error on the web, because I'm not the only one with this problem. Please, you would be so kind if you refund me Smiley

0.002 bitcoin in 1 month?
How the hell pays the power bill? Your parents?

That really doesn't make sense to mine for 0.002 bitcoins per month (that's 1.4$!!!).

I'm guessing its only a single GPU? or a hobbiest miner... i started on 1 GPU - maybe thats all theyre mining on - maybe they hope that 0.002 somehow becomes $2000 in the future?
My single AMD GPU at 300 kh/s gives me like 0.001 BTC a day.
It must be nvidia or some old card. Or even CPU.

could have been a typo too Wink
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
They also stole me!! The thief send all my bitcoins to this address 13R87ropkDKzDEuVeQoX64kkcLvPWVdTKH --> This is the thief address, not mine. I'm very angry, because it was only around 0.002, but it was 1 full month mining! Maybe is a security error on the web, because I'm not the only one with this problem. Please, you would be so kind if you refund me Smiley

That really doesn't make sense to mine for 0.002 bitcoins per month (that's 1.4$!!!).

I'm guessing its only a single GPU? or a hobbiest miner... i started on 1 GPU - maybe thats all theyre mining on - maybe they hope that 0.002 somehow becomes $2000 in the future?
My single AMD GPU at 300 kh/s gives me like 0.001 BTC a day.
It must be nvidia or some old card. Or even CPU.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

we need a system in place to blacklist/highlight any addresses that are linked to any coin theft - with the blockchain the coins should be able to be tracked down to an end address.
No we don't. That's a silly suggestin that would destroy currency's fungibility.

On the topic, I'd surely like if the pool operators reimburse users at least partially. There are options like gradual reimbursing from fees or sort of.
Though if it doesn't happen I'll be fine cause I didn't lost much thanks to my careful risk management. Still I won't ever deal with these guys.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin - love & hate

Was it only DOGE that was stolen and all the coins were sent to the same address?

edit: just reread the thread Tongue it was BTC Sad

My guess would be that the DB was accessed and a search was run for any DOGE accounts that had a balance of more than 0 and then to change the address and flag the payout variable (depending on how the script handles that) and then wait for the automated script to check for any payouts...

we need a system in place to blacklist/highlight any addresses that are linked to any coin theft - with the blockchain the coins should be able to be tracked down to an end address.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
I love the naive suggestions that the pool operator can somehow magically reimburse all the loses.  As if it's just so simple and anything else is tantamount to the pool operator stealing.
Activity: 70
Pages:
Jump to: