Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 165. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
There is no "loyalty" in a multicoin pool that hits the best prof coins.

In fact, it's the other way around.

In unrelated news, I cashed out a couple of BTC in my Coinbase account to my bank and the funds arrived in less than 24 hours, in fact, overnight. Shocked

Dogs are often loyal. People sometimes too. Loyalty to a coin is concept I struggle to understand.

Congrats on getting the money out of Coinbase Cheesy

the only reason to be loyal to a coin is if it is a coin you use in every day dealings.  for example i am loyal to CraftCoin because i play on a mine craft server that is using it!

Speaking of CraftCoin how's it looking as an addition to the site?
Activity: 196
Something strange is going on..  One of my 2 cards all the sudden started overheating today..  It is getting up to 90+ before CGWatcher shuts it down..

I have never had a over heat issue until today..  They normally both run at 80...

Any ideas?   
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

In unrelated news, I cashed out a couple of BTC in my Coinbase account to my bank and the funds arrived in less than 24 hours, in fact, overnight. Shocked

Dogs are often loyal. People sometimes too. Loyalty to a coin is concept I struggle to understand.

Congrats on getting the money out of Coinbase Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

if my calcs are right, a block every 30min @ 500Mh/s would be ~.000332 BTC /Mh/s   I believe that is a decent round, in comparison to our current crop of coins.  Of course, it wouldn't take much bad luck to swing that quite a bit the wrong way.

I'm no statistical genius but if we mined the most profitable coin (even with a 30 min average block) in the medium/long term then we would still win out even if some rounds did not yield a coin?  In other words if the BTC-per-minute-mined of a coin was the consistently the highest would it matter if the block was achieved in a number of shorter rounds some of which did not yield anything?

Just throwing it out there for finer minds than mine to consider.

You are absolutely correct, but most miners don't look at it over the long term. A few rounds with no reward will lead to a bad day and they will start filling up this forum complaining. Just read over the other multi coin pools' threads.

And they would have a point. Miners are not supposed to have loyalty to a pool that does not have loyalty to a coin

I'm not sure I understand what point you are making. I was just saying that there will likely be a number of rounds with no reward, which will be moaned about, but over a longer timeframe the rewards will be better.

Where does loyalty come into it?
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
if my calcs are right, a block every 30min @ 500Mh/s would be ~.000332 BTC /Mh/s   I believe that is a decent round, in comparison to our current crop of coins.  Of course, it wouldn't take much bad luck to swing that quite a bit the wrong way.

I'm no statistical genius but if we mined the most profitable coin (even with a 30 min average block) in the medium/long term then we would still win out even if some rounds did not yield a coin?  In other words if the BTC-per-minute-mined of a coin was the consistently the highest would it matter if the block was achieved in a number of shorter rounds some of which did not yield anything?

You are absolutely correct, but most miners don't look at it over the long term. A few rounds with no reward will lead to a bad day and they will start filling up this forum complaining. Just read over the other multi coin pools' threads.

And they would have a point. Miners are not supposed to have loyalty to a pool that does not have loyalty to a coin
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I think FTC would be a good add, especially since we have a little over 600mh/s now, I will talk to nearmiss and we will see about it getting enabled today.

It's a very good point - the pool must keep us troops happy  Smiley

I should probably give up at this point but the last 30 rounds have an average period of 28 minutes so for a 30 min average block time if you get 5+ rounds a day on it then it will yield fairly consistent returns on a 24 hour basis?

It doesn't really matter how long the rounds are. e.g. If the pool mined FTC for 4 hours in a week if that was 40 rounds of 10 minutes or 4 rounds of 1 hour the same number of shares would be submitted with exactly the same chance of getting blocks, in this example it should be 8 blocks but of course will vary. In short the long term rewards are the same but with a larger short term variance.

To put it another way I agree with you that FTC should be added but if it is I'll have to stop watching this thread for a while.  Grin

Activity: 150

It's a very good point - the pool must keep us troops happy  Smiley

I should probably give up at this point but the last 30 rounds have an average period of 28 minutes so for a 30 min average block time if you get 5+ rounds a day on it then it will yield fairly consistent returns on a 24 hour basis?

Activity: 150

Activity: 380
Merit: 250
That XNC was smokin'!  Wink

And 35% stale, not 70 lol
Xnc just couldn't handle the hash heh... still the payout as you guys can see is still well worth it, even with the stales. (For me at least) Hopefully soon we will have some different difficulty options for you guys to mess around with Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
can you put a manual edit on difficulty of worker please ? We actually mine XNC and with a 200 dif I can't find any share between blocks...

thanks in advance.

Edit : XNC pool is around 70% stale lol
Activity: 332
I surely hope the estimated payout counter is broken. It is showing about 1/3 of what I usually get.

EDIT: It's a few hours later now and the estimation went back to normal.
Activity: 277
No Withdraw today? i make one at 9:20 and 25 minuts later still nothing in the exchange.

edit: ok ok i take it back, the exchange is having problem  Undecided ....as usual
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I have 11.5MH/s from 4 rigs. It displays 10.4MH/s from the hash cow website. I have no problem with that as that value varies a lot. At the moment, it is mining WDC. My submitted share is 470, the total share 46850. So my percentage share of the total share is 1%. The total Hash is 532 MH/s at the moment, my percentage share of the mining power is 2%. So why there is such a big difference? My reject rate is 3.5%

Is it because the my submitted share and total number of share are not difficulty level adjusted (weighted differently)?
FLO seems to have some kind of issue, letting nearmiss know should have it fixed in a few!

Fixed I believe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
Hi

Can anyone confirm that this pool is using the updated DGC daemon with the new difficulty adjustment?

It is, yes.

Also, website down for a few minutes.  No effect on mining.

Nice, always on top  Wink
Activity: 448
Also, website down for a few minutes.  No effect on mining.

And we are back.
Jump to: