Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 167. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Cows deserted half an hour ago probably to take a swim in the river.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
stratum server is down again
Activity: 448
may the cows be with you
Activity: 380
All mining is crap right now, so you guys are doing great! And saving me from trading so I can focus on school.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
All is well in hashcow land. Payouts a little low lately but hopefully we can bring the profits up a little Smiley
Activity: 380
About 0.017 BTC/MH the last few days   Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Glad Forum is back up...   How is HashCow doing?
With out going into details a few of the exchanges are being extremely slow and not allowing us to deposit and withdrawl coins. So even though estimates are correct it should go up once its fixed, considering we have lots of rounds held up.
Activity: 45
LTC took huge dive as well, yet... if you were to mine ltc today you would have gotten more BTC per MH.
Activity: 200
Good time to buy some cheap coins now.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Todays earnings are low because of BTC crash.
All alts took a dive.

Activity: 141
Yes, the payout/est payout is dropping well below acceptable levels for me as well.

As in, i'm going to lose money on electricity doing this; I am below break-even.

(And i've been mining at my present hashrate for a couple of days at least)

0.01174 per MH
 Sad
Activity: 37
Well this seems disheartening...

Current Hashrate
1,991 Kh/s   

Accepted Shares

Rejected Shares

Reject Rate
1.79 %

Est. Daily BTC Earnings

Usually the "acceptable" BTC earnings is ~0.02 per Mh/s. This is 25% of what I would expect. I've only been mining for 12 hours, so maybe there's just something weird about the Daily BTC Earnings calculation.

What are others seeing when they go to https://hashco.ws/stats.php ?
Activity: 448
I'm getting 100% rejects on one GPU and 75% on another with --nosubmitstales.

This can't be my config! Is it the coin?
Yes it is the coin/pool.  It may be that the latency to deliver between your miner --> stratum --> (multipool <--> Database) --> XNC Wallet --> XNC Network may be slow.  Since Hashco.ws is the multipool, could you add some debug timers to see how long it takes to process I/Os from Stratum to the XNC Wallet.  If possible, consider improving these figures.  I may be possible there are be some large latencies between stratum and the wallets; even 80ms may be too long.

I am not sure if the above structure is correct though.  If it is, it may be more efficient if Stratum directly connected with the Wallet if a Block was found, to reduce latency and relay over to Multipool instead of going through Multipool.

So if a block is found:
Miner <->Stratum <->Wallet <->
^
|
V
Multipool
Coin Network

But when finding a share:
Miner <->Stratum <->Multipool <->
Database
Wallet <->Coin Network

How does your current setup work Hashco.ws?

The setup is as described (If I'm understanding your description).   'Multipool' is just the site in this case I assume?   Stratum talks to local coin daemons, the processing of who did what work and how many blocks were solved/paid out ect. ect. ect. all happen on other nodes.     Its the stratum<>coin daemon that is the most important piece, and they both run from the same places.

Yes it is the coin/pool.  It may be that the latency to deliver between your miner --> stratum --> (multipool <--> Database) --> XNC Wallet --> XNC Network may be slow.  Since Hashco.ws is the multipool, could you add some debug timers to see how long it takes to process I/Os from Stratum to the XNC Wallet.  If possible, consider improving these figures.  I may be possible there are be some large latencies between stratum and the wallets; even 80ms may be too long.

I am not sure if the above structure is correct though.  If it is, it may be more efficient if Stratum directly connected with the Wallet if a Block was found, to reduce latency and relay over to Multipool instead of going through Multipool.

So if a block is found:
Miner<->Stratum <->Wallet <->
^
|
V
Multipool
Coin Network

But when finding a share:
Miner<->
Stratum <->Multipool <->
Database
Wallet <->Coin Network

How does your current setup work Hashco.ws?
Any sort of intensity over 18 is really not worth it in terms of the added power consumption.

My 7950s @ 1100/1600 @ 1.1v:
 @ 18i do 630khs @ 200w
 @ 19i they do 645khs @ 220w
 @ 20i they do 655khs @ 240w

So as you can see i'm literally consuming an extra 120w for ~another 100khs when the intensity is set full blast @ 20.

The same could be said even for intensity 18, but the jump in wattage from 17 to 18 is negligible but 18 still produces an extra 20-25khs over 17.
Wow, not sure why you running 1100/1600 @ 1.1v
I am running Gigabyte 7950 FX1 at 1100/1250 @ v1.019 and getting 667kh/s
My Gigabyte 7950 FY1s are at 1080/1250 @1.009v, 1.003v and 1.070 and getting 655kh/s
My Sapphire 7970 is at 1080/1680 @0.962v (maybe could run lower but did not try yet) getting 715kh/s
All running intensity @ 20 and using 1250 watts power (5 GPUs)

Update: Just retuned my 7970 and now at 1090/1500 @0.962v getting 723kh/sec.  So you see, sometimes running higher memory speeds is just a waste of money.
What pools/coins do you guys use or recommend as failover for this one?

Definitely not a PPLNS as the time is too short.  If you want a Pool use a PPS pool (if that share will hit at the same time)
Personally I solo mine a coin.  I don't want to give up my coin as I don't want to have the hash rate shoot up Smiley  Pick one you think it will hit easily and use it as a backup.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

We hit XNC with a big profitability hit but at over 700% profitability it's going to still come back on. To be honest everyone is having rejects with a coin like XNC which has very fast block times combined with low diff. It is still worth it to farm as you can see from you're estimated payouts. Compare it with a few other rounds with coins with lower rejects. Smiley
Activity: 134
And I was about to post about my 60% reject rate..  Grin  As they say, there is always someone worse of than you.  But go to +1 about losing XNC.
Jump to: