Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 169. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Lost connection to Hashcows stratum.  My miners switched to their backup pools.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
24 hr earnings with 937 Kh/s were BTC 0.01923609
70 WDC and 1.5 MNC were not autotraded but sent to an exchange directly, so that's another BTC 0.0025
Total of BTC 0.0217
Calculates into BTC 0.0232 per Mh/s every 24 hours.

Hmmm.
Been on the pool exactly 2 weeks now.
Todays estimate payout is a meager 0.013 BTC per Mh/s. Same as last couple of days / week.
The 6990 is still doing 937 Kh/s, but is on a LTC pool, now has few rejects and does 0.9 LTC every day.

I know you guys are working hard in everyones benefit, but the payout has to rise. I'll give it a couple more days.
Activity: 115
NoHoooo
Why  'Confirmed Balance' still ZERO?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Why don't you use --verbose ? That should tell you if you're getting any hardware errors while hashing which you probably are, considering your high reject rate at the pool.
Activity: 200

That may be possible, but other pools don't report such high reject rates, including middlecoin, give-me-ltc, etc. Most report under 5% rejects.

You probably did not use --no-submit-stale with cgminer...  This is why the high reject rates.
Turn that option on and try again.

But that will only mask the rejects, then I'll only see the efective hash-rate at the pool and never figure out why there are so many rejects in the first place!
Then why complain about the rejects?  If you know they are from the submitting of stales, obviously you will have high rejects.  Try the option --no-submit-stale and see.  You will still get reject rates just that it will be significantly less.
Activity: 93
Are you running these cards in 1 rig or 3?  What mining software are you running? What are the settings for your cards?

2 rigs actually, on has 2 GPUs. Running cgminer through GUIMiner-scrypt. Maybe I'll update it when the rigs are back up ( rigs are down due to power failure in the area).

Settings (from memory), are close to this:

-g 1 --thread-concurrency 7500 -I 18 -w 256
as someone suggested it in this thread, I also tried adding
--expiry 5 --queue 0 --scan-time 5

Seems to make no difference.

I an running multiple 7xxx cards and my reject rates have always been low on HC.

Must be your config.  

That may be possible, but other pools don't report such high reject rates, including middlecoin, give-me-ltc, etc. Most report under 5% rejects.

You probably did not use --no-submit-stale with cgminer...  This is why the high reject rates.

But that will only mask the rejects, then I'll only see the efective hash-rate at the pool and never figure out why there are so many rejects in the first place!

Um, do you have any scientific support of such a claim?  Not tryin' to flame, but first time i've ever heard that theory.

If anything, the disruption on each start/stop cycle is like giving the cards a mini-break.  

Either way, my cards are all in the low 70s C range, and every little disconnect / reconnect only drops their temps maybe 5-10C before the server kicks back up.  

I doubt this getwork failure between each coin change will cause any damage to your graphics cards. But this is what I was complaining about when I said I see getwork failures on this pool. It happens between every coin change. I have tried middlecoin, multipool and CryptoSwitcher to jump between coins. None of them have getwork failures or any delay when switching coins.
Middlecoin.com has getwork failures.... when switching.
For the last week, whenever I look at the stats I see something like this.

I have about 1,3 MH/s and no other pool gives me such ridiculously high reject rate, not to mention the grossly understated hash rate for all 3 workers (3 identical ATIs 5870).
You probably did not use --no-submit-stale with cgminer...  This is why the high reject rates.
I would recommend not counting Reject rates based on Job not found... This is normal it is not found when block changes...  THis will make the correct reject rates report on the site.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Tried a few times and really like it, but the reject rate is also killing me. Is it the coin or the pool problem?

Was the coin. 

Back down to .48% rejection rate for current round as of this posting.
Tried a few times and really like it, but the reject rate is also killing me. Is it the coin or the pool problem?
It is the low diff coins... they switch blocks too fast that they reject higher.  Low Diff coins should have var diff increased by double/triple the worker's average rate to help reduce the rejects.
Activity: 163

Um, do you have any scientific support of such a claim?  Not tryin' to flame, but first time i've ever heard that theory.

If anything, the disruption on each start/stop cycle is like giving the cards a mini-break.  

Either way, my cards are all in the low 70s C range, and every little disconnect / reconnect only drops their temps maybe 5-10C before the server kicks back up.  

I doubt this getwork failure between each coin change will cause any damage to your graphics cards. But this is what I was complaining about when I said I see getwork failures on this pool. It happens between every coin change. I have tried middlecoin, multipool and CryptoSwitcher to jump between coins. None of them have getwork failures or any delay when switching coins.
Activity: 224
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
XNC is killing us... getting 90% rejects... no wonder we are at low payouts  please adjust.

Yeah...I thought we had nuked this after its initial test showed mixed results, apparently it was only a partial adjustment.  It has since been put out to pasture.

I have about 1,3 MH/s and no other pool gives me such ridiculously high reject rate, not to mention the grossly understated hash rate for all 3 workers (3 identical ATIs 5870).

I an running multiple 7xxx cards and my reject rates have always been low on HC.

Must be your config.  

Nah, this pool is great. I was dealing with the quirks of multiple coins manually. That was an headache.

That said, there's one thing miners will have to consider. When switching coins, the connection is interrupted for some seconds or no work is available. You must take into consideration what those 50+ daily start/stop cicles (and so, temperature variations) do to your videocards in the long term, specially if you're using --auto-fan. If you mine here, I suggest you undervolt, don't push them too far or take a serious look at cooling

I don't drop my shares cause sometimes they do pass.  Nothing wrong to ensure I get paid for some of the shares.
XNC is killing us... getting 90% rejects... no wonder we are at low payouts  please adjust.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Must be your config.  

Nah, this pool is great. I was dealing with the quirks of multiple coins manually. That was an headache.

That said, there's one thing miners will have to consider. When switching coins, the connection is interrupted for some seconds or no work is available. You must take into consideration what those 50+ daily start/stop cicles (and so, temperature variations) do to your videocards in the long term, specially if you're using --auto-fan. If you mine here, I suggest you undervolt, don't push them too far or take a serious look at cooling

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

So this cycle idle / full load, temperature drop on every coin switch is very bad for cards and they would die a lot sooner ? If so then Hashco.ws is very bad trade-off.
Activity: 115

Are you running these cards in 1 rig or 3?  What mining software are you running? What are the settings for your cards?
Activity: 93

Jump to: