Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][POOLS] Proportional Payout Pools with 5% Finder Reward - page 10. (Read 23890 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
what happened to your old bbqcoin pool?

Do you mean the one that was on ub3rl33t.com?   When the server crashed.. I paid out manually the miners and then rebuilt it at bqc.cryptcoins.net

Now that I have new servers, I started using the ub3rl33t.com domain.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
what happened to your old bbqcoin pool?
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
WDC and SBC pools will be ready in less than 2 hrs.

Nice, I'll hop on over when it's done.

Does it use stratum?

Yes they are all stratum.  StableCoin pool is up!  check top of thread.
I was able to get this one up first since I already had the client running on the server.  WDC will be up once the client updates.

Thanks, I hopped on over.
legendary
Worldcoin is now up too.
legendary

Does it use stratum?

Yes they are all stratum.  StableCoin pool is up!  check top of thread.
I was able to get this one up first since I already had the client running on the server.  WDC will be up once the client updates.

Does it use stratum?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 980
over time your expected payout should be exactly the same, yeah? its just a different way of distribution.
legendary
Is this a desired feature?  Given block finders (on average) would be the higher hashrates, and already earning the higher incomes for that hashpower, would you not be (again on average) punishing any smaller miners at your pools?  Especially if you have a small handful of mega-hashers and a bunch of (relatively) smaller ones.

Legit question, because I've got a few massive hashers at a couple of my pools, I'm sure they'd love this, but it seems shitty for everyone else (which would be the majority of miners at the pool. They'd lose way more on the 5% per block than they'd gain by fluking into solving one)

Even the medium guys hit the block here and there.  Its fair the same way that its fair that someone with the resources to put out such high hashpower get more coins anyways.  

But medium/small miners join pools for exactly this reason. Because they can't compete on their own against the big boys.  Yes they can fluke into it, but wouldn't they be solo-mining if they thought that'd be profitable for them?  They are guaranteed to lose 5% earnings per block vs. the much smaller chance of them hitting a block.  Not trying to trash the idea, I was actually just wondering if other miners out there liked the idea and thought it had merit.  

Good luck with the pools!

I agree with what you are saying.  Some will not find it attractive , some will.  Anyways , you got me thinking about other ideas.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is this a desired feature?  Given block finders (on average) would be the higher hashrates, and already earning the higher incomes for that hashpower, would you not be (again on average) punishing any smaller miners at your pools?  Especially if you have a small handful of mega-hashers and a bunch of (relatively) smaller ones.

Legit question, because I've got a few massive hashers at a couple of my pools, I'm sure they'd love this, but it seems shitty for everyone else (which would be the majority of miners at the pool. They'd lose way more on the 5% per block than they'd gain by fluking into solving one)

Even the medium guys hit the block here and there.  Its fair the same way that its fair that someone with the resources to put out such high hashpower get more coins anyways.  

But medium/small miners join pools for exactly this reason. Because they can't compete on their own against the big boys.  Yes they can fluke into it, but wouldn't they be solo-mining if they thought that'd be profitable for them?  They are guaranteed to lose 5% earnings per block vs. the much smaller chance of them hitting a block.  Not trying to trash the idea, I was actually just wondering if other miners out there liked the idea and thought it had merit.  

Good luck with the pools!
legendary
Is this a desired feature?  Given block finders (on average) would be the higher hashrates, and already earning the higher incomes for that hashpower, would you not be (again on average) punishing any smaller miners at your pools?  Especially if you have a small handful of mega-hashers and a bunch of (relatively) smaller ones.

That's true.

I guess make the block reward proportional to hashing power?

Even the medium guys hit the block here and there.  Its fair the same way that its fair that someone with the resources to put out such high hashpower get more coins anyways.  maybe its not meant to be fair, just different.  BUT.. I'll consider that for future coding ventures.

I'm hoping the pool will be attractive in that it is very accurate with payouts, not like the mmcFE pool it was derived from.

That's true.

I guess make the block reward proportional to hashing power?
legendary
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

legendary
is SBC on an exchange?  please post the source link for that coin.
legendary
So every block finder gets 5% of the block reward + reward for shares?

Make a WDC pool and I'll join Smiley

Yes!  stay tuned to this thread.. We are going to add many more pools.
5% of the block is removed when it is confirmed and given to the pool finder, as well as the reward that miner earned with share ratio.
So, basically the rest of the pool miners are getting their share ratio of the block amount - 5%.

That's sick.

Finally something good for the block finder Smiley

Like Hazard said, make a SBC pool too. I'll alternate between the two.

Building the WDC pool now..Check in about 2 hours.

5% of the block is removed when it is confirmed and given to the pool finder, as well as the reward that miner earned with share ratio.
So, basically the rest of the pool miners are getting their share ratio of the block amount - 5%.

That's sick.

Finally something good for the block finder Smiley

Like Hazard said, make a SBC pool too. I'll alternate between the two.
legendary

legendary
will switch my SBC mining efforts over to this if you make a pool

Pages:
Jump to: