Author

Topic: [ANN]Potentiam-The Blockchain Music Platform - page 113. (Read 194694 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Who from the team is managing this thread?

Hi earthcoin, we have various members of the team answering questions here from time to time. We have had the co-founders take turn in answering the questions here. Feel free to join us on our telegram group to https://t.me/potentiamgroup
Will any part of the project be open source?

I believe we are going to have some things on open source, but its quite difficult to give a definitive answer as we are building a private chain. I will speak to our CTO and find out more on this subject. Please bear with us.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
What separates this project from the previous music related projects? e.g. viberate, opus

Hi, the Potentiam music project is one of a kind. It is merging the principles of social media and music, creating a balanced blend. Where everyone on the music supply chain can benefit by collaborating together. It does not focus on just a part of the music industry, but it confronts the industry has a whole. The founders of Potentiam have worked in music management and also run a music discovery platform britznbeatz, so they are well too aware of how the business works. The purpose of Potentiam is to avert the major problems music creatives face i.e capital, exposure, and revenue distribution.

That's a good sign, them having a lot of previous experience in the industry.

What made them decide blockchain was the way to go with this?
I like the concept of the project, how are you going to market it?

Hi Gobelle, we are going to focus heavily on influencer marketing, PPC marketing on Google, on social media i.e facebook, Instagram, twitter.
Also, bear in mind we already work in the music industry and have a growing relationship with music creatives. See www.britznbeatz.co.uk
We have more artists coming in every day than we can handle presently and we already have a good subscription base.
Activity: 476
Will you be able to answer questions soon?
This is a very exciting news regarding your pre-ico date announcement. Is there a specific time frame that the pre-ico will last for?

Hi, thank you. The Pre-ICO starts on the 4th of December as specified and it will last until the 26th of January 2018.
We are not anticipating an extension due to the high level of sign-ups.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Are you guys looking for more advisors to bring on?

Hi deeltje, there is no point adding advisors for aesthetic purposes. As the team stands right now we have all the necessary people to make the project a success. But we will gladly welcome advisors on to the project that can add value to the project. We are currently exploring some possibilities but nothing is definite at the moment.

Totally agree. No reason to have a bunch of 'trophy' advisors when they aren't even going to help.

I have a question though, will you guys be working on a mobile platform eventually?
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Interested to know more about your tokenomics.

Hi okspam, that is the question, what we believe sets us apart from all the ICO's in the music space. We have carefully structured a system that benefits everyone on the music ecosystem. A system that will eventually lead to the network becoming completely decentralised.
It is a balance of meritocracy and proof of stake ideology. We use the term ideology because it has elements of proof of stake but not in its entirety. We have worked out a balance that does not rely solely on investor input on the network though we do recognise their presence plays a great importance in the network. We also recognize high-value users as the life and soul of the network, therefore we have a reputation scoring system that distributes value accordingly. We can't reveal too much as it's our secret sauce.

Now my interest is piqued. Feel free to ignore my questions if they're too prying at the moment, but are the higher value users incentivized with the currency or purely on reputation?
Activity: 399
What separates this project from the previous music related projects? e.g. viberate, opus

Hi, the Potentiam music project is one of a kind. It is merging the principles of social media and music, creating a balanced blend. Where everyone on the music supply chain can benefit by collaborating together. It does not focus on just a part of the music industry, but it confronts the industry has a whole. The founders of Potentiam have worked in music management and also run a music discovery platform britznbeatz, so they are well too aware of how the business works. The purpose of Potentiam is to avert the major problems music creatives face i.e capital, exposure, and revenue distribution.

The music industry needs something exactly like this. All the power is in way too few people's hands. How exactly does Potentiam allow people to collaborate more easily?
Who from the team is managing this thread?
Will any part of the project be open source?

Hi okspam, that is the question, what we believe sets us apart from all the ICO's in the music space. We have carefully structured a system that benefits everyone on the music ecosystem. A system that will eventually lead to the network becoming completely decentralised.
It is a balance of meritocracy and proof of stake ideology. We use the term ideology because it has elements of proof of stake but not in its entirety. We have worked out a balance that does not rely solely on investor input on the network though we do recognise their presence plays a great importance in the network. We also recognize high-value users as the life and soul of the network, therefore we have a reputation scoring system that distributes value accordingly. We can't reveal too much as it's our secret sauce.

Hi deeltje, there is no point adding advisors for aesthetic purposes. As the team stands right now we have all the necessary people to make the project a success. But we will gladly welcome advisors on to the project that can add value to the project. We are currently exploring some possibilities but nothing is definite at the moment.
Activity: 512
I like the concept of the project, how are you going to market it?
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Activity: 486

Huh
Are you getting good results from your bounty campaign?

Hi, it's doing what it's meant to do. Could always be better though. But its a good start.

Good, I know it can be hard to find quality bounty hunters with how many desperate people there are trying to jump on everything.
I will be referring everyone on to Potentiam. Such an amazing project. Well done. Pre ico date. To the moon and beyond.

Hi Bossladyico, thank you for the support, we will have a referral program up very soon. You are welcome to join us on telegram: https://t.me/potentiamgroup
Jump to: