Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][POW][XPP] PrivatePay - Secure and Private | Payment Ecosystem | Revolusion - page 4. (Read 8145 times)

copper member
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Will there be a bounty campaign for this project?

Yes, please contact us on our Telegram or Discord.
Activity: 4
Will there be a bounty campaign for this project?
Activity: 3
This project is such a blatant scam.  So glad the price keeps dumping.

Can't wait to prove you wrong Smiley

don't see how it is a blatant scam? can you explain why?

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.

Will share details of the premine on Discord/Telegram later today when one dev comes online. Nothing has been sold. All profiles details will be updated in the near future.

Premine is starting to look really bad since there was a large number of scam projects. But I don't see a lot of other models how you can actually hold an "equity" in the project you're building besides premine or some other coin distribution (like % of block reward). I'm 100% ok with it since this is not a community coin Smiley

This is also a project where I learned how miners can be greedy and the extent of it Cheesy

My only suggestion to developers would be a bit more responsiveness. Crypto is a fast community and some people tend to generate a lot of negative sentiment in no time.
copper member
Activity: 29

Can't wait to prove you wrong Smiley

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.

Will share details of the premine on Discord/Telegram later today when one dev comes online. Nothing has been sold. All profiles details will be updated in the near future.

Activity: 52
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
This project is such a blatant scam.  So glad the price keeps dumping.

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.
Activity: 3
Does anyone know the current circulating supply of PrivatePay?

Premine was 10%, 1.84m coins that developers hold + 350-400k mined, my guess based on the current block height and block reward.

~2.2m (market cap ~60k usd)

Very low coin price is keeping developers from getting away with money. 50k usd(what developers hold) won't make you rich and it's impossible to dump 1.84m coins without significant drop in value, so you're looking at 10-20k usd getaway money. This project has most certainly burned more than this so far Smiley If the project shows any real value soon, it's going to make an easy 10-15x jump in price short term.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Does anyone know the current circulating supply of PrivatePay?
Activity: 202
Merit: 1
Activity: 35
Is there any tutorial to set up the miner? I keep seeing these new coins list XMR miners copied/pasted same "Getting Started" page but never works.
This is not a legit project.  The market seems to agree so far given that the market cap of this coin is literally in the bottom 0.1% of all coins.

The 10% premine is almost worthless, especially given that they won't be able to sell it without collapsing the price even more.
10% PREMINE?HuhHuhHuh??
ARE YOU JOKING???
Project dead already!

Don't bother with this, it's literally a copy of Masari with no new additions whatsoever.

It also doesn't have much of a roadmap except for "Our Mission" in the OP which is not only vague but it's also a pretty silly analogy in itself. Because, if "Jilian" has spent a lot of time mining and accumulating the coin, she definitely knows how to exchange them to FIAT, it's not really rocket science. The "actual" roadmap is also pretty vague and somewhat unrealistic.

One of the members of the "core" team said that Whitepaper is "really wanted by many" and "I will let the guys draft one out" as if it is a mundane piece that contains a bunch of buzzwords and gibberish. Well, let me tell you, if you're looking for real investors who know what they are doing, then you better draft an impeccable whitepaper and make sure to cover every aspect of your future plans or else it'll look amateurish and forced.

The "core" team introduction is laughable. If you want to be a legal entity (you said you do), listing common names like Andrew, Jake, and Jessica without actually linking to any profile from a reputable site is just as good as me saying Michael Jordan is my dad.

You have tackled one of the most impossible things in crypto and that's the introduction of ATM's alongside with >your debit cards. In order for anyone to believe in that story, you will have to deliver a well-written whitepaper, links to core team's profiles, a comprehensive roadmap, and much more.

Given that you failed to deliver all of those by now, it's safe to assume you're playing around that 10% premine and waiting for a listing or two in order to exit like dozens of other similar coins did.

Have fun.

I love how all of a sudden an "impeccable" whitepaper and real, full names become of paramount importance to some people. Oh, and only for some coins. Did Bitcoin have a whitepaper? Do you know who Nakamoto is? Then why is it relevant now?

Judge them on whether or not they're delivering what they promise, not their Microsoft Word skills.

Bitcoin did have a whitepaper.  Perhaps you should educate yourself before displaying your ignorance.
Activity: 34
Good evening, fellows. I'm interested on this business. I'll expect this to look what is going to take place.
Activity: 92
Activity: 23
10% PREMINE?HuhHuhHuh??
ARE YOU JOKING???
Project dead already!

Don't bother with this, it's literally a copy of Masari with no new additions whatsoever.

It also doesn't have much of a roadmap except for "Our Mission" in the OP which is not only vague but it's also a pretty silly analogy in itself. Because, if "Jilian" has spent a lot of time mining and accumulating the coin, she definitely knows how to exchange them to FIAT, it's not really rocket science. The "actual" roadmap is also pretty vague and somewhat unrealistic.

One of the members of the "core" team said that Whitepaper is "really wanted by many" and "I will let the guys draft one out" as if it is a mundane piece that contains a bunch of buzzwords and gibberish. Well, let me tell you, if you're looking for real investors who know what they are doing, then you better draft an impeccable whitepaper and make sure to cover every aspect of your future plans or else it'll look amateurish and forced.

The "core" team introduction is laughable. If you want to be a legal entity (you said you do), listing common names like Andrew, Jake, and Jessica without actually linking to any profile from a reputable site is just as good as me saying Michael Jordan is my dad.

You have tackled one of the most impossible things in crypto and that's the introduction of ATM's alongside with >your debit cards. In order for anyone to believe in that story, you will have to deliver a well-written whitepaper, links to core team's profiles, a comprehensive roadmap, and much more.

Given that you failed to deliver all of those by now, it's safe to assume you're playing around that 10% premine and waiting for a listing or two in order to exit like dozens of other similar coins did.

Have fun.

I love how all of a sudden an "impeccable" whitepaper and real, full names become of paramount importance to some people. Oh, and only for some coins. Did Bitcoin have a whitepaper? Do you know who Nakamoto is? Then why is it relevant now?

Judge them on whether or not they're delivering what they promise, not their Microsoft Word skills.

First of all, it's not "all of a sudden" at all. Any somewhat serious investor wants to know what they are investing in, it's a pretty simple concept don't you think?

Second of all, yes, Bitcoin had a paper published, and in fact, it was before the genesis block. Not that it's significantly relevant at all, but Nakamoto explained his vision long before it was live.

The reason why the identity of these people is essential is because they talk about becoming a legal entity and are planning on creating FIAT gateways and debit cards. How is that even remotely similar to BTC? You are talking about apples and oranges here. No one wants to invest money in empty talks. You do realize there are over a thousand currencies of which most have a similar story to sell to the potential miners or investors, right? Differentiating legitimate from non-legitimate projects is quite hard when you have a sample size of nearly 2k currencies. Therefore, you better deliver a neatly crafted plan with a damn solid theory behind it, or else you're the same as any other shitcoin that promises HUR THE MOON DURR.

And, lastly, YOU judge them on whether they deliver their promises, I won't. Do you want to know why? Because, by the time you realize they have been feeding you with buzzwords and empty promises it will be already too late because you've invested both money and electricity in case you're mining it. I'm not looking to lose months of mining and buying a particular currency and base my calculations on the promises of the dev team that is anonymous and no one knows their coding skills, background, experience with cryptography, etc. All we know is that they know how to fork a coin on github.

What I'm saying is that you (as a coin developer) have to persuade serious investors with a solidly constructed project, not with a dream. As of now, there's nothing innovative about XPP whatsoever.
Activity: 38
10% PREMINE?HuhHuhHuh??
ARE YOU JOKING???
Project dead already!

Have fun.

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: