Pages:
Author

Topic: 👨‍💻[ANN][PRE-ICO]⚡️Cache – Making blockchain usable for all developers & startups⚡️ - page 5. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
So your platform allows creation of a forks based on your project?
copper member
UPDATE: We are now listed on NEMChange Exchange

To trade NEM mosaics fro Cache or vice-versa, go to https://nemchange.com/Exchange/trade and choose cache:cache from the dropdown list. Then click 'Go to exchange' and set up a buy or sell bid. Enjoy!

Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
Hello! Do you plan to use KYC procedure at your ICO or it will be fully anonymised?

KYC is currently managed through Coinbase.

We are almost done implementing it for XEM and non-coinbase payments. We are working hard to be an established, legal, United States company and must comply with laws dictated by FinCEN as we are serving as a Money Services Business (MSB).

Information that will be asked for if you don't use Coinbase:

• Full Name
  • Address
  • Utility bill with name and address or ID with name and address
  • Picture of your photo ID or passport
  • Cannot be a resident of the People's Republic of China

Man, thats really evil!  Undecided
Why would you ask KYC data from users that do no use FIAT?!!!
Is XEM money under US federal law?!
copper member
Update:

Our progress tracker is now live on getcache.io! It updates with each milestone reached.

We've sold 10,000,000+ tokens as of this morning. We're amazed and super excited at this growth and progress. Join our Telegram group here: t.me.cachetoken
copper member
We did another AMA! This time with the NEMberia Telegram channel. About 2-3 minutes in we get into the good stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqbvk32hnt4b2a4/devslopes_nem_ama.m4a?dl=0
Activity: 10
Pretty exciting projects on the horizon. But why should I buy cache? And will there be a way developers can earn cache in the future? Thanks!

Hey Chuck you can earn Cache at https://cacheout.io

It is a website for incentivized Q&A surrounding coding questions. It is designed to also introduce existing developers to the world of blockchain.

Developers can answer questions and get paid for it by other developers and learners. This will help distribute the tokens.
Hello! Do you plan to use KYC procedure at your ICO or it will be fully anonymised?

KYC is currently managed through Coinbase.

We are almost done implementing it for XEM and non-coinbase payments. We are working hard to be an established, legal, United States company and must comply with laws dictated by FinCEN as we are serving as a Money Services Business (MSB).

Information that will be asked for if you don't use Coinbase:

• Full Name
  • Address
  • Utility bill with name and address or ID with name and address
  • Picture of your photo ID or passport
  • Cannot be a resident of the People's Republic of China
copper member

Yes, we have KYC through Coinbase and are implementing some other KYC forms etc
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Activity: 239
Merit: 103

Lastly we are a business and startup. Startups move fast, and are very aggressive.

You forgot the second half of the sentence. "We move fast, and break things". That is how startups advertise nowadays.
Maybe not the best approach when dealing with blockchain technology and other people's money raised through an ICO.

Your planned changes to the harvesting mechanism for example would tamper with a crucial component to secure the network.
Why would you think that you can do this better than NEM devs who already have years of experience in this field  Huh
copper member
Pretty exciting projects on the horizon. But why should I buy cache? And will there be a way developers can earn cache in the future? Thanks!

Cache can be used to buy Devslopes programming courses and will power the Blockstart and Cacheout platforms. Cacheout is a way developers can earn Cache while also helping people answer code questions. More on that in the whitepaper.
Activity: 1
i cant see the added value above what NEM itself delivers
but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

So, spentak mentioned this above, but we originally considered launching a Catapult network and then launching Cache on it, but we didn't because Catapult doesn't support transaction fees yet and there is also no governance/staking at the moment.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we ourselves had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. Token purchasers wouldn't have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

We are coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.

Interesting approach of the project. I like the idea of opening up the Catapult blockchain to a lot of developer of develops. But it´s actually quite hard to see the full idea behind the project especially in regards of the usage of the NEM Blockchain. The built functions are open source but working on a separate blockchain and not as a layer on NEM right?

And what will happen with the unsold tokens in the token sale, since its not planned to burn them right?

Remaining Tokens

Remaining tokens will be sold at a higher price (undetermined just yet) after the public sale ends. You will be able to buy Cache tokens at https://getcache.io until they are gone.

The Plan

• In the short term Cache and some of the SDKs will use NEM1 public blockchain
  • Then Blockstart B2B launches. Completed with SDKs and a blockchain network creation dashboard. Sales for that start immediately after v1 is ready
  • Then Blockstart public blockchain launches. Using same SDKs as the B2B blockchain, except using Cache as its underlying token and monetization model
  • Cache tokens will be transferrable from NEM1 to Blockstart over time
  • Blockstart B2B will accept as forms of payment: XEM, Cache, USD/Local Currency, Coinbase, Stellar

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
i cant see the added value above what NEM itself delivers
but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

So, spentak mentioned this above, but we originally considered launching a Catapult network and then launching Cache on it, but we didn't because Catapult doesn't support transaction fees yet and there is also no governance/staking at the moment.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we ourselves had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. Token purchasers wouldn't have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

We are coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.

Interesting approach of the project. I like the idea of opening up the Catapult blockchain to a lot of developer of develops. But it´s actually quite hard to see the full idea behind the project especially in regards of the usage of the NEM Blockchain. The built functions are open source but working on a separate blockchain and not as a layer on NEM right?

And what will happen with the unsold tokens in the token sale, since its not planned to burn them right?
copper member
I'm really excited for Cache  Smiley I'm just curious can you guys give a bit more insight on open sourcing the Devslopes platform to the world?

For example, it's a mooc project to teach the others how to code or only the platform? Also, are there any plans for Cache mining or harvesting?    

See spentaks message above but regarding the harvesting, Cache can be harvested by nodes and we’re actually making changes to how harvesting works in a Proof-of-Importance Blockchain so that it’s more regularly harvested.
I'm really excited for Cache  Smiley I'm just curious can you guys give a bit more insight on open sourcing the Devslopes platform to the world?

For example, it's a mooc project to teach the others how to code or only the platform? Also, are there any plans for Cache mining or harvesting?    

So Devslopes platform will go open source, and then become decentralized.

Open Source

We will open source the front-end which is an Electron App written in React + TypeScript + GraphQL

We will open source the back-end which is Node, Express, TypeScript + GraphQL

This means any company can launch their own video platform/learning app - they just need to plug in their own video content.

This means that the community can vote on features to build into the main platform, and then they can build it.

Devslopes Decentralized

Currently Devslopes stores video on Vimeo. Vimeo is blocked in many countries (and Youtube and AWS).

We are going to decentralize video. We are prototyping ProximaX right now for this. Basically you would choose what videos to download, download them, and then can watch them. Delete videos from the platform when you no longer want to watch them.

We also want to decentralize meta data.

We will be one of the first major learning platforms to be 100% fully decentralized and censorship resistant.
Activity: 1

copper member
This project is very cool and the project provides a very detailed and regular discussion, can not wait for the bounty program from this project. Wink Grin

Thanks! Glad you're excited. We will have news shortly announcing our bounty program. Which bounty services are you most interested in?
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
This project is very cool and the project provides a very detailed and regular discussion, can not wait for the bounty program from this project. Wink Grin
copper member
So are there any target developer demographics for your token? Are you going for mobile development, web, games, what?

Definitely! We currently have a JavaScript SDK that lets you use Cache wherever JavaScript is implemented and you can see that here: https://github.com/cache-official/cache-typescript-sdk

We're also really excited to develop iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin), and Unity SDKs for Blockstart so that developers in those realms can utilize blockchain tech.

The developers and startups outside of the blockchain world that would benefit from blockchain technology are our focus here.
Pages:
Jump to: