Pages:
Author

Topic: 👨‍💻[ANN][PRE-ICO]⚡️Cache – Making blockchain usable for all developers & startups⚡️ - page 6. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
So are there any target developer demographics for your token? Are you going for mobile development, web, games, what?
copper member
Activity: 67
They have partners but where can we see the team members? Did you just forget to publish that in your website or you're not yet ready to disclose them?

You can see our entire team on the home page:
https://getcache.io/

We have no advisors. We are a tight team who has been working and coding together for quite some time.

We are an established California company (see Articles of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=201616210341-20862558)

We are working with partner companies to integrate our SDK to accept Cache asap.

Thanks! See them already. Seems that everything is good to go here. Hope more and more students will learn how to code thru your team. Best wishes for your project!

You're welcome! Thanks a ton. 😁 Appreciate the support.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
They have partners but where can we see the team members? Did you just forget to publish that in your website or you're not yet ready to disclose them?

We have no advisors. We are a tight team who has been working and coding together for quite some time.

We are an established California company (see Articles of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=201616210341-20862558)

We are working with partner companies to integrate our SDK to accept Cache asap.

Thanks! See them already. Seems that everything is good to go here. Hope more and more students will learn how to code thru your team. Best wishes for your project!
copper member
We are also in the process of developing a bounty program to launch as soon as possible. The VIP Sale is in progress and we plan on announcing a bounty program very soon
Can't wait for the bounty to launch, this project needs such a bounty tbh coz of the long sale period which is not based on SoftCap limit. More exposure will help boosting the sales of the ICO for sure.

The total supply is a bit high (medium high) but since there is no SoftCap limit, i suppose it can be sold during the ICO period with the right marketing (bounty) strategies.

Good luck again.

Glad you're excited about the bounty program! It will be fun to see how people contribute and spread the word. 😁 Thanks for the support. Feel free to ask any questions here.
Activity: 882
Merit: 254
We are also in the process of developing a bounty program to launch as soon as possible. The VIP Sale is in progress and we plan on announcing a bounty program very soon
Can't wait for the bounty to launch, this project needs such a bounty tbh coz of the long sale period which is not based on SoftCap limit. More exposure will help boosting the sales of the ICO for sure.

The total supply is a bit high (medium high) but since there is no SoftCap limit, i suppose it can be sold during the ICO period with the right marketing (bounty) strategies.

Good luck again.
Activity: 10
i cant see the added value above what NEM itself delivers
but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

Haha it depends on what you consider "it" to be.

Phase 1 is distributing Cache and building some great tools for our Cache users over the next few months. This has to be on NEM v1 (NIS1). I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but we are rather tired of all the ICOs and "another" blockchain projects. We want to build products and we want to get it in the hands of people now. We want to monetize now, and we want our audience to monetize now. We don't want hype, speculation, or to even be talked about by all the crypto experts on Twitter. We want to build useful tech that we can deliver now and then grow it like a business - we know how to run a business (and be profitable).

Also, we are using NEM v1 and Catapult (NEM v2), not replacing it. We are building layers on top of it. We are some of the biggest NEM fans out there.

Lastly we are a business and startup. Startups move fast, and are very aggressive. Also we are headquartered in the United States. NEM has struggled to make a presence here. We think we can help spread NEM tech to USA with Blockstart. NEM is a foundation and will never be able to move as fast as a business. This is okay and a good thing. So I see what we are doing as needed and I think we have synergy with NEM.

A Common Scenario

To better answer your question, consider this scenario:

"I am a business and know I that I need to decentralize critical data. My customers are calling for it. Also I think assets would be great for my product, allowing users to buy and sell and trade them. I can see ways to monetize on them and grow my business. Unfortunately getting started with blockchain is far too complex. I also don't have the budget to hire expensive blockchain developers".

Ok so we all know this company probably first looked at Ethereum. It likely terrified them. Then let's say they found NEM (which isn't easy to find).

On NEM's website they will see things like:

• multisig
  • smart contracts
  • Eigentrust
  • modular Smart Asset system
  • Proof of Importance

A business unacquainted with blockchain will become confused and overwhelmed. They were interested in serving their business needs, but they were served technical jargon that even their best Javascript developers wouldn't understand.

Now consider even just the current version of https://blockstart.io:

The Sale
So if a business is looking to create their own cryptocurrency for their own purposes, and they find nem.io and blockstart.io - which of those two websites are they likely to try first?

I'm not trashing NEM here, but blockstart will win every time - why? Because we know developers, we know training (how to make them successful), and we understand SaaS and business. NEM is focused on building robust technology, we are focused on getting that tech into into the hands of developers and businesses and we have the power to do it.

NEM is catering to people IN the blockchain ecosystem. Blockstart is focused on everyone outside of that circle.

Final Thoughts

There is no competition with NEM. We can't operate without NEM. We are actually going to help NEM gain more awareness. We move VERY fast.

- Mark (CEO)
copper member
but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

So, spentak mentioned this above, but we originally considered launching a Catapult network and then launching Cache on it, but we didn't because Catapult doesn't support transaction fees yet and there is also no governance/staking at the moment.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we ourselves had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. Token purchasers wouldn't have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

We are coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.
Thank you for clarifications, two questions:

• Building more API's to make things simpler such as multiple block validations in single API calls

Why do you want such thing?

Why use nem library as a base, instead of (catapult based) https://github.com/nemtech/nem2-sdk-typescript-javascript ?

So we thought about launching a Catapult network and launching Cache on it, but the problem is that Catapult doesn't have transaction fees yet and also there is no governance/staking yet.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. I don't think token purchasers would have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

But know that we are actually coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
legendary
Activity: 866
Merit: 1002
Thank you for clarifications, two questions:

• Building more API's to make things simpler such as multiple block validations in single API calls

Why do you want such thing?

Why use nem library as a base, instead of (catapult based) https://github.com/nemtech/nem2-sdk-typescript-javascript ?
This project looks really cool. It?s actually one of the first that I?ve seen to want to solve real problems and with real solutions and not something abstract we?ll have to wait years for.

With that being said, my question focuses on the adoption of your proposed solutions cacheout and block start. You have a a few partners, but with such ambitous technology goals and such a small core team, how will you be attracting new partners, developers, and users for these projects as well? Thanks!

We are aggressively going after SMB and developers. We have over 300,000 developers in our audience. Every developer that uses Cache spreads its usage and value to some degree. We will be onboarding businesses actively.

The reason why ETH/BTC are so hard for companies and developers to work with - is because the tech is not developer friendly.

If I can talk to a business and say, "We want to help you monetize with cryptocurrency, and it only takes a few lines of code" then its an easy choice.

We have no shame in saying we are taking amazing technology, built by innovators and experts like our friends at NEM, and then making it insanely user and developer friendly. We want to bring blockchain to the world and it starts with companies like us using open source and for-profit models to make it happen.

So I'm excited to pursue this as a business, and help all Cache token owners be a part of this business.
Cache SDK - completed
https://github.com/cache-official/cache-typescript-sdk

vs

NEM Library
https://github.com/aleixmorgadas/nem-library-ts

Looks like a fork to me, but is not a fork? 🕵️

Hey gimre - I'm an admirer of your work.

It is a fork. We don't have the upstream connected if that is what you are referring to.

We are modifying this specifically for Cache. Being as active development is mostly finished on NEM Library we have cloned the repo directly. Aleix told me directly that there will be no more work on it, all focus is on Catapult. But we have a lot of needs and enhancements on NIS1 and this SDK before Catapult replaces NIS1.

We will be doing things like:

• Modifying APIs surrounding Accounts, Transactions, etc to be focused on Cache
  • Building in more systems around payments - right now the SDK is very open and flexible, but we are going to make it more focused so business and developers can quickly utilize it

We are basically refocusing everything in the SDK to focus on specific features we think will serve developers and businesses that want to use Cache.

Also we are very open and clear about attribution as can be seen in the readme on the repo.

legendary
Activity: 866
Merit: 1002
copper member
Cache: Ask Me Anything Session with the Team
Are there any questions that we missed? Comment them below!

copper member
This project looks really cool. It’s actually one of the first that I’ve seen to want to solve real problems and with real solutions and not something abstract we’ll have to wait years for.

With that being said, my question focuses on the adoption of your proposed solutions cacheout and block start. You have a a few partners, but with such ambitous technology goals and such a small core team, how will you be attracting new partners, developers, and users for these projects as well? Thanks!

Thank you. It's our priority to give developers something concrete to work with from the get go. We're so excited to get more tools and resources to developers ASAP.

Great question! We will be doing plenty of outreach to potential partners that we see as a fit in both values and functionality. As we build tools that break down blockchain's barriers to entry, we will be producing video content teaching how it could be used in many different circumstances.

With Blockstart, imagine if game developers were able to create digital assets with a few taps and deploy them in a game. There would be a finite amount of the asset created providing a legitimate supply & demand scenario. One problem in game development is that the game creator has the possibility of creating as many or as little of any asset or expansion that they'd like. This leads to a pay-to-win environment which, as I've experienced, is not always fair or enjoyable. Being able to create finite resources that can grow in value as they have a certain rarity is a paradigm shift that's possible with Blockstart. That's just one possibility and way we see Blockstart attracting new developers and partners.
This project looks really cool. It’s actually one of the first that I’ve seen to want to solve real problems and with real solutions and not something abstract we’ll have to wait years for.

copper member
I like the look of this project so far, as it seems like it's trying to solve some of the problems in the crypto-space... and it looks like the first to actually do it legally in the US!  Operating as a MSB was a good move.

The project looks well-organized, and actually the first non-shady company I've seen doing a token sale.  After some looking, the company behind it, Devslopes, have a good track record with creating courses, so at least they hold credibility.  The projects, especially Blockstart, look incredible.  I really like the mockups and designs haha. Time will tell if they will hold true to a real product  Smiley . I do have one question, if the milestones are not reached, will the project go on? Will it refuse to go on without funding.  I am incredibly wary of ICOs and token sales, but I'll be keeping an eye on this one.  

Thanks for the kind words!

So, in short, the development milestones allow us to build out the projects listed for the levels indicated on the Cache site and above. Without reaching the milestones, we wouldn’t have the resources to develop the indicated projects. Thanks for stopping by.

Which of the milestones are you most excited about?
I like the look of this project so far, as it seems like it's trying to solve some of the problems in the crypto-space... and it looks like the first to actually do it legally in the US!  Operating as a MSB was a good move.

The project looks well-organized, and actually the first non-shady company I've seen doing a token sale.  After some looking, the company behind it, Devslopes, have a good track record with creating courses, so at least they hold credibility.  The projects, especially Blockstart, look incredible.  I really like the mockups and designs haha. Time will tell if they will hold true to a real product  Smiley . I do have one question, if the milestones are not reached, will the project go on? Will it refuse to go on without funding.  I am incredibly wary of ICOs and token sales, but I'll be keeping an eye on this one.  

copper member
Our partners can be seen here: https://getcache.io/partners and there is also a link at the top of the front page. We’re working with Timelinr, SimpleMentor, Bento by DataFlex, and Rupie. Any other companies you think would be a valuable partner?

Our team members can be seen on this page as well as on the main Cache site: https://getcache.io
Pages:
Jump to: