Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PRESALE] BITNATION - page 9. (Read 31195 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 1
April 03, 2018, 04:52:40 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
April 03, 2018, 02:17:49 AM
Activity: 261
April 03, 2018, 12:47:31 AM
Hi all!

I recommend giving this steemit post a read:

https://steemit.com/ico/@maniecool/bitnation

It covers what Bitnation is, what Pangea's features and system architecture are and a roadmap for the project.
April 02, 2018, 08:56:41 AM
i've read all of your white paper and other of your project documents, and i still don't don't understand what about is this project....

Hi vensky,

Thank you for taking the time to read it. Smiley

Bitnation is creating a jurisdiction - a legal domain - in which p2p agreements can be made, disputes resolved and contracts enforced through reputation. So the answer is most people would use it - it’s 100 times cheaper than using legacy legal services, more secure, trustworthy and configurable for your life. More and more people live and work across borders and need a jurisdiction to account for that. Even more live and work in the informal economy (2bn according to World Bank estimates) and have no current legal protections. On our jurisdiction you can make enforceable binding agreements without recourse to 3rd parties. Communities and nations can also be built on the jurisdiction to offer services to their members - this means that a free market for governance services is possible - increasing choice and driving down costs.

What happens if I enter a contract with a counterparty and we agree upon certain terms and conditions. Now one party breaks the rules. Who is going to enforce my claims? Will it be acknowledged by any official jurisdiction?

Hey vabchgent,
Enforcement is done through financial and reputation incentives. Contracts are agreed to voluntarily and only apply peer-to-peer, there is no police necessary. Instead of deterrence enforcement is done through positive incentives

Can you think of any scenario where it might make sense for one party to deviate from the contract? Even if it is damaging both parties for example? What happens then? Would a court still be a place to go or how do envision such a situation (if existent) to play out? Very interesting project anyway here!

Hello Vabchgent,

PAT drives the reputation system on Pangea, which provides a native contract enforcement mechanism. Pangea awards three non-tradable sub-tokens for 1.) making and successfully completing contracts and arbitrating disputes (keeping your word), 2.) building and populating  nations and offering services citizens rate highly, 3.) developing and updating smart contracts that are highly rated by users. Users can only rate ‘machines ’ - smart contracts and nations - not other users (to prevent popularity contests), while a machine (AI) rates users against set criteria.

PAT is a tradable reward (like air miles) for building up a good reputation (accumulating non-tradable tokens). It can be used on the platform to buy services and exchanged for other digital assets - we have a deal with shapeshift already. You can also use any other crypto to buy services and trade on Pangea, but use of PAT will provide a small discount.

So a jurisdiction is a domain of law. In which any agreements can made and upheld to a set of agreed rules (a legal code). Because ours is a peer-to-peer jurisdiction, those rules are agreed between the parties to each agreement, not by any third party or authority. The Pangea jurisdiction allows these agreements to be made, and provides a native human arbitration system to resolve disputes - and a reputation system for enforcement.

In addition to p2p agreements, users can also create their own voluntary communities- nations- for collective agreements, and to offer governance services. These can use the Pangea jurisdiction to their own set of collective rules.

Since they are voluntary (nobody is forced to join them, and any citizen can leave at any time) these communities must compete for citizens in a free market for governance - and it’s perfectly possible - even likely - that users will join several nations to access different services (e.g. a occupation based nation, say for employment and education - e.g. a wheat farmers nation, or a solidity developers nation, another for their local needs - say a neighborhood or city association for trash  collection, basic income and local services, and a cultural nation for religious or other social services - like a nation of Goths or Buddhists.) so governance becomes like other aspects of life, a matter of choosing what suits you best.

April 02, 2018, 08:38:35 AM
Here's a brief but packed video about Bitnation shot at  Ashland, Oregon, to start your day!

Video introduces and  gives updates about Bitnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBKFnL2Q_0

Enjoy!!
Activity: 840
April 02, 2018, 06:48:37 AM
i've read all of your white paper and other of your project documents, and i still don't don't understand what about is this project....

Hi vensky,

Thank you for taking the time to read it. Smiley

Bitnation is creating a jurisdiction - a legal domain - in which p2p agreements can be made, disputes resolved and contracts enforced through reputation. So the answer is most people would use it - it’s 100 times cheaper than using legacy legal services, more secure, trustworthy and configurable for your life. More and more people live and work across borders and need a jurisdiction to account for that. Even more live and work in the informal economy (2bn according to World Bank estimates) and have no current legal protections. On our jurisdiction you can make enforceable binding agreements without recourse to 3rd parties. Communities and nations can also be built on the jurisdiction to offer services to their members - this means that a free market for governance services is possible - increasing choice and driving down costs.

What happens if I enter a contract with a counterparty and we agree upon certain terms and conditions. Now one party breaks the rules. Who is going to enforce my claims? Will it be acknowledged by any official jurisdiction?

Hey vabchgent,
Enforcement is done through financial and reputation incentives. Contracts are agreed to voluntarily and only apply peer-to-peer, there is no police necessary. Instead of deterrence enforcement is done through positive incentives

Can you think of any scenario where it might make sense for one party to deviate from the contract? Even if it is damaging both parties for example? What happens then? Would a court still be a place to go or how do envision such a situation (if existent) to play out? Very interesting project anyway here!
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
April 02, 2018, 05:25:51 AM
Hi OP, I believe we are not in the pre-sale phase anymore, maybe we should change the title of this thread, every detail is very important
to attract investors. What I see now is that the contribution is very slow, it's still less than 1,000 ETH so far.
Activity: 184
April 02, 2018, 12:51:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Here is a short video from the team of Bitnation regarding the token sale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ZaKDGCGwA&feature=youtu.be

Take some time to click the link!
Zye
Activity: 87
April 01, 2018, 08:30:10 AM
Just read a review that really goes into detail about Bitnation,

These points really stood out to me!

• It provides a platform for a variety of governance services for users including chatbots and decentralized services.

• Holds a unique directory of citizen’s details.

• Ensures peer-to-peer contracts with ample amount of security.

• Allows the users to create their own nation.

• Provides a variety of citizenship benefits.

• The tokens of BitNation are referred to as Pangea Arbitration tokens. These tokens are used to give rewards.

https://medium.com/@sinofd/bitnation-ico-review-decentralized-borderless-voluntary-nation-70e70e098e00
Activity: 882
Merit: 548
March 31, 2018, 11:12:51 AM
                                   Bitnation  ICO Review (RUS) for Russian-speaking people! BTCBTCBTC   👉 https://youtu.be/UTVtiU7kOH4 
                                                          My Twit:  https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/980098579464359936

Pangea is a secure mesh network forming a distributed web, accessed through a smartphone-chat user friendly interface. Blockchain agnostic smart contract functionality powers the Pangea Jurisdiction, currently implemented with Ethereum. Pangea is a decentralized market for legal services. Create and execute peer-to-peer agreements seamlessly across the world, resolve disputes fairly and efficiently.

Activity: 126
March 31, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

It's great that you're going to work with cryptocurrency, cause it's money of future. But I can't find the information about what exactly currency you're going to work with?

Hello, Here is a little it about the PAT Token, the currency of reputation in the Bitnation platform.

The Pangea Arbitration Token (PAT) is an ERC20 compatible, in-app token for the Pangea
Jurisdiction. The PAT token rewards good reputation and is issued on Pangea when Citizens
accumulate non-tradable reputation tokens through creating a contract, successfully completing a
contract or resolving a dispute attached to a contract. PAT is an algorithmic reputation token, an
arbitration currency based on performance rather than purchasing power, popularity or attention.

I hope this answers your question Cheesy.
Zye
Activity: 87
March 31, 2018, 07:03:42 AM
This article has some really good information about the direction of Bitnation

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@romanpetrush/bitnation-promises-an-efficient-problem-solving-ecosystem
March 31, 2018, 06:01:35 AM
Is there actually a soft cap or do you have enough funds already secured to definitely make Bitnation happen?

Hey DrearyUrbanite, there's actually no soft cap. However, we do have a hard cap of
US$27.3 Million, total hard cap was $30 Million, but $2.7 Million sold in pre-sale in Q4 2017.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 04:07:03 AM
Is there actually a soft cap or do you have enough funds already secured to definitely make Bitnation happen?
Activity: 184
March 30, 2018, 06:44:31 PM
Somehow, this reminds me of Bitconnect on subconscious level.

Hi marilouadrie,

Thank you for sharing your opinion, however, may I kindly share that Bitnation is not a lending platform but a peer-to-peer governance system. It is a system where you can gain reputation through hard work and agreements that you complete. For more on details on this, we welcome you to join the Telegram groups:

https://t.me/bitnationpangea
https://t.me/PangeaBitnation

Thank you again!
Activity: 529
The Future Of Work
Activity: 234
March 30, 2018, 08:50:02 AM
Dear Community,

We would like to share this Youtube Video with you:

"ICOGenius - BitNation Introduction"

You can find the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZGTxG5a40&app=desktop
March 29, 2018, 08:41:11 PM
When did the ICO started? I am seeing that as of now you have raised 897.436 ETH already based on this site https://tse.bitnation.co/getpat/.

$2.7 Million sold in pre-sale in Q4 2017, our main sale began on 25 March 2018.
Pages:
Jump to: