Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon! - page 8. (Read 90803 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Bitcoin the trademark, yes.

But Bitcoin the currency is owned by the Bitcoin community which took it over under the rules and laws of open source software as outline under the MIT license.

Nobody holding the Bitcoin trademark can stop Bitcoin, its developers or its community from doing as they please with Bitcoin the currency.

This is what Josh Garza doesn't seem to understand about these open source [MIT licensed] Crypto-Currencies.  

He cannot stop PayCoin (the original) even if he actually got lucky somehow and attained the PayCoin trademark.

You know why it was trademarked? If you do then you'd see how that will avoid a whole can of worms.

Bitcoin should have been trademarked by the foundation and then MIT-licensed like the rest of the asset.

Right now it's a legal crowbar for anyone interested in toppling bitcoin. They can't attack bitcoin the network directly.

But if you held bitcoin trademark AND started up an alternative bitcoin network, you could sue the shit out of any and all merchants who sticks a "pay with bitcoin" text or graphic on their site.

Effectively killing much of its usability and adoption.

Why do you think someone actually spent huge amounts of money trying to secure the trademark (bitcoin) in the first place? Lucky us they didn't succeed that time, but it does show that communities and crowds have zero know-how about laws.

I'm no lawyer, and this may not be the way it is of course. But unless you seek legal counsel you have a much higher chance of staying SOL as ever.

However, with the available evidence it does seem like a plausible scenario.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Where were you the past 6 months then?  Supporting the PYC community or riding the tails of XPY once it gained traction?

Where was Josh Garza in relation to PayCoin [the original] the past 18 months?

It doesn't matter where I was - I was in a level 4 coma dreaming about fishing in Alaska.  Is that distant enough to prove my point?

It really doesn't matter does it - cause it doesn't change the hard facts which are that I was a long-time major holder of PayCoin and now I legally, following the rules of open source crypto-currencies - with the help of others in the PayCoin community - have officially completed a community takeover of PayCoin.

Whatever gives Josh Garza a right to own the PayCoin brand gives us that same right only much much more so.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Bitcoin is a trademark held by MtGox, on the dubious theory that "better they than someone else". There was some talk about them transferring this to the Foundation, but nothing came of it AFAIK.

So if the foundation still hasn't done anything about this, then shame on them. Bitcoin is then an asset in the bankrupt holdings of MtGox currently controlled by the courts of Japan.

Bitcoin the trademark, yes.

But Bitcoin the currency is owned by the Bitcoin community which took it over under the rules and laws of open source software as outline under the MIT license.

Nobody holding the Bitcoin trademark can stop Bitcoin, its developers or its community from doing as they please with Bitcoin the currency.

This is what Josh Garza doesn't seem to understand about these open source [MIT licensed] Crypto-Currencies.  

He cannot stop PayCoin (the original) even if he actually got lucky somehow and attained the PayCoin trademark.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
Where were you the past 6 months then?  Supporting the PYC community or riding the tails of XPY once it gained traction?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I applaud you Vlad, at least your ridiculous rants are making you some profit on your garbage coin that nobody has supported in 6+ months or so.  And no, I think XPY is shit too, but you're just angleshooting here and playing the hype while finding unsuspecting rookies to buy your bag.

My bag? I could dump all my coins right now at 7,000 Satoshi and make out like a bandit.

But I'm not selling any of my coins right now, not one, so you're gonna need to find a different term to describe what I'm doing, cause "angleshooting" ain't gonna cut it.

Thanks for your support!
Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Really? Paycoin theft? Nobody is stealing paycoin.

If they bacekd off, maybe they knew what they were doing wasn't completely legal.   Roll Eyes

How can anybody involved with Bitcoin or crypto be so clueless as to what's about to happen here?

What happens to PayCoin will determine many other HUGE legal issues involving Bitcoin and the fate of many other alt coins, INCLUDING Bitcoin.

If Josh Garza gets his way then it will set a legal precedent allowing the likes of JP Morgan to be able to [in theory] buy the Bitcoin trademark from Karpeles and with that trademark launch their own Bitcoin and demand that the original Bitcoin be removed from all exchanges and sue anyone that uses that name unless it's for their bank controlled Bitcoin.

How does that sound right or fair to any sane logical person?

Why?  Oh, because the original founder of Bitcoin, Satoshi, has abandoned the coin and those developing it now have no rights to it since it's not "their" coin and besides, JP Morgan owns the Bitcoin trademark which means they automatically own all the rights to Bitcoin itself.

Don't you people see what this case means and what a dangerous precedent it would set for Bitcoin and for all Crypto?

It would literally open up a legal loophole for the rich and powerful to hi-jack any coin by simply grabbing the trademark.

I'm not just fighting for my investment here or just for the PayCoin community - this fight is for everything Crypto Currencies stand for and if we don't stick together - the elites Satoshi was fighting against, the Status Quo, will deliver a death blow to Bitcoin and to all crypto currencies which will hurt all of us.

Stop being cowards and stand up and fight for what is right - fight the Status Quo who is blatantly trying to hi-jack this entire new industry, our industry, the people's industry.

Bitcoin is a trademark held by MtGox, on the dubious theory that "better they than someone else". There was some talk about them transferring this to the Foundation, but nothing came of it AFAIK.

So if the foundation still hasn't done anything about this, then shame on them. Bitcoin is then an asset in the bankrupt holdings of MtGox currently controlled by the courts of Japan.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
I applaud you Vlad, at least your ridiculous rants are making you some profit on your garbage coin that nobody has supported in 6+ months or so.  And no, I think XPY is shit too, but you're just angleshooting here and playing the hype while finding unsuspecting rookies to buy your bag.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Caution:

The PayCoin price has more than doubled in the past 12 hours.

No doubt we're seeing speculation about what's really going on with PayCoin and why would Josh Garza be trying to work a deal with me [and PayCoin] if he really "owned" the PayCoin trademark like he has been claiming.

I believe in total transparency so here are two important things regarding this matter:

1) Be careful to not overpay for your PayCoins - this whole thing could end at a moment's notice and it could end badly for PayCoin (the Original); however, it could also mean PayCoin holders win and get bought out at a much, much higher price.  

Just don't be impulsive when buying Paycoins at these higher levels - understand the risk involved.

...and

2) I am not trying to pump PayCoin - that's not my M.O. - the last price I sold any Paycoins at was around ~3,500 Satoshi so I have not sold a single coin at this much higher level over the past 12 hours.

Therefore, like some of you, I am very optimistic that we have a very strong case and if the big heavy hitters in cryptoworld realize that this is an attack on all crypto-currencies and it would set a dangerous precedent then I would expect the PayCoin community to get a lot of help from a White Knight and from the crypto media.

Good luck!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

If they bacekd off, maybe they knew what they were doing wasn't completely legal.   Roll Eyes

How can anybody involved with Bitcoin or crypto be so clueless as to what's about to happen here?

What happens to PayCoin will determine many other HUGE legal issues involving Bitcoin and the fate of many other alt coins, INCLUDING Bitcoin.

If Josh Garza gets his way then it will set a legal precedent allowing the likes of JP Morgan to be able to [in theory] buy the Bitcoin trademark from Karpeles and with that trademark launch their own Bitcoin and demand that the original Bitcoin be removed from all exchanges and sue anyone that uses that name unless it's for their bank controlled Bitcoin.

How does that sound right or fair to any sane logical person?

Why?  Oh, because the original founder of Bitcoin, Satoshi, has abandoned the coin and those developing it now have no rights to it since it's not "their" coin and besides, JP Morgan owns the Bitcoin trademark which means they automatically own all the rights to Bitcoin itself.

Don't you people see what this case means and what a dangerous precedent it would set for Bitcoin and for all Crypto?

It would literally open up a legal loophole for the rich and powerful to hi-jack any coin by simply grabbing the trademark.

I'm not just fighting for my investment here or just for the PayCoin community - this fight is for everything Crypto Currencies stand for and if we don't stick together - the elites Satoshi was fighting against, the Status Quo, will deliver a death blow to Bitcoin and to all crypto currencies which will hurt all of us.

Stop being cowards and stand up and fight for what is right - fight the Status Quo who is blatantly trying to hi-jack this entire new industry, our industry, the people's industry.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

So we're clear on this..... you wanna be "that guy" then. Am I right?

Man, Bitcointalk has really changed... I'll leave it at that.

I don't wanna be "that guy".

I am "that guy"!

Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Disrupt the banking system!
Ever hear of Carl Icahn?  On many occasions, such as this, he has taken over total control of giant corporations with less than 1% ownership.
So laugh at my "enormous 4%" but you will find out that 4% is considered a major holder in the world of finance.

So we're clear on this..... you wanna be "that guy" then. Am I right?

Man, Bitcointalk has really changed... I'll leave it at that.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
It is a fact that Josh Garza has already threatened other members of this community with personal lawsuits if they speak up against him and this paycoin theft.

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

PYC community... Is this the guy you want representing you?

1,000 times YES YES YES!

It is a fact that Josh Garza has already threatened other members of this community with personal lawsuits if they speak up against him and this paycoin theft.

So yes, we need a guy like vlad "crazy" and aggressive enough that he won't back down, out of fear and intimidation, like other "nice" guys have and would. You cannot fight and win against a guy like Josh Garza unless you have a guy like Josh Garza to pin against him. I mean that in a good way Vlad.  Don't give up on this fight, Vlad, lots of us are cheering for you but we can't say much against Josh Garza for obvious reasons.
Activity: 409
Merit: 252

Please feel free to call me the world's first CryptoRaider or CryptoActivist.  lol

Cheers!

+1 

+1000 .

So happy we have our first CryptoRaider who's not afraid of the rich elites whom crypto was made to fight against in the first place.  We need more guys like this in this community who are not afraid of lawsuits or "looking bad".

Don't give up, vlad!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Man, Vlad?  How old are you? you sound like a 15 year old playing XBOX with other kids. You need to be more professional for the good of your coin and our community.

I totally agree, this is a shitstorm and I don't like how the whole thing has jack-knifed.

But let me ask you - does Josh Garza strike you as the kind of guy who would do what's right for this community if you asked nicely?

I tried to ask nicely and I even deleted all my negative posts about him to show I wasn't trying to be malicious, and in turn he just mocked my offer after asking me to give him a proposal to clean up this mess, a mess he created in the first place.

We are now in a different battle - the battle for public opinion - where the audience is his present and future customer base, although I doubt he even realizes or cares.  

And let's not forget, he threw the first stone - I am merely defending my property as any able-bodied American should.  

This is America - you can NOT steal another man's rights and property without a proper fight.  I will not lay down for him no matter what his threats or law-firm throws at me.

So let's do this:  Let's get in the mud and fight like pigs if that's what it takes to protect our natural and constitutional rights to OUR property.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Please do not reply with insults that would not be constructive at all.

How old are you? you sound like a 15 year old playing XBOX with other kids.

Dude... which is it then?

I can't deny it's fun to watch you HT guys trying to defend your CEO and falling flat on your faces. But this doesn't make any of it - GAW, XPY, CEO, whatever - look good. Why don't you leave it to the "proper offices" to sort out.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Man, Vlad?  How old are you? you sound like a 15 year old playing XBOX with other kids.

Oh the irony, and this is totally constructive, isn't it ?   Grin
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Well, let's wait and see then, I'm curious to see how you claim ownership of a trademark in court without even a company or anything that proove ownership of it...

From his own saying Vladvlad just own coins and was not even involved in the dev team, the dev was already developing another coin that failed too (Fishcoin) and didn't posted for almost 1 year now...

I don't see anywhere that Vlad2vlad has rights on this coin first to say...

Being a major Paycoin holder since last year (4%) gives me more rights to this coin than you, Mr. Garza.

Also, try reading the MIT license for open source cryptos - I have officially taken over this coin [legally, just like Gavin & BTC community legally took over Bitcoin] which is much more legal and ethical than what you are doing.

As the new developers of the coin, along with others here, we have any and all rights as the original founders of this coin.

Anyway you try to scheme it - we legally have these rights and you do not.

Go fish!

So you have 4%, does this mean that if someone buys 5% of these coins at whats the value? 0.00007500 btc they would be able to make decision the developers did? That should not be hard to do at this point in time. Again, just trying to learn how this works.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Why doesn't GAW just start buying up the coins then they could put an end to this? They are trying a muscle move like Apple has done but you Apple has much better lawyers and much smarter people working for them.

If Garza hasn't done this already then he is truly clueless.

He could have bought 90% of the coin by now for pennies then issue a full-blown buyout at $2 million which would only cost him a couple hundred grand.

A half ass new domain costs that much.  To buy a good NameBrand, its community and the goodwill of a huge crypto customer base is a total steal at that price.

I assumed this is what he did but now that I see how thoughtless and impulsive he is I seriously doubt it.

This deal should have been a huge win for him at a relatively small cost.  But it looks like he prefers being selfish and greedy and to use force.  Sad!
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
The guy creating all this racket attempted to bribe us by telling us to buy all his coins for over a million dollars. He said if we did not, he would continue to make an issue for us.

We refused, so he is now trying to blackmail us by doing all this. When I get to a computer I will paste the conversation in.

Not looking to get in to an argument. I just think it's important people know there is more to what's being told here.

If you are referring to me you are an outright liar.

I negotiated a price for [the ENTIRE] PayCoin and argued that it had a fair market value of at least ~$2 million which meant each coin would be worth about 300,000 Satoshi and I offered to sell you my coins at that price if you would accept - a total value far far far less than the $1 million you're lying about.

I have a feeling you lie so much that you simply cannot tell the truth about anything anymore.

You were the one who initiated first personal contact with me, YOU PM'd me first asking to negotiate - so what were you wanting or expecting me to negotiate for - my socks, my stash of ShitCoins...lol?  What could I have offered you except my Paycoins and cooperation to help get the deal closed for the entire PayCoin community?  I felt at 300,000 Satoshi I could sell the community on the deal.

Are you that ignorant or incompetent about what's happening here or are you still playing your little greed game?

Then you responded:  "What, what are you offering me, why would I wanna buy your coins - I already own the PayCoin brand?"

Hahahaa.

Another blatant lie as you do NOT own the paycoin brand - you just applied for it.

And what were you negotiating with me for if not for a price to buyout PayCoin, what else would I have to offer you?

You, Homero Garza, are a vile, dishonest and crooked person.  No wonder the other guys I talked to said:  "we do not want to negotiate with him, we're doing this on principle, but be careful with him."

I obviously didn't know I was dealing with a pathological liar, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time.

So please do post screen-shots of our conversation [the entire conversation] - that way everyone can see what a two faced lying sack you really are.

And dude, use some of those ill-gotten gains to buy yourself some tampons, a brain, some English grammar courses, a human personality and a moral backbone.  

Merry Christmas, Scrooge!

Man, Vlad?  How old are you? you sound like a 15 year old playing XBOX with other kids. You need to be more professional for the good of your coin and our community.

Pages:
Jump to: