Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon! - page 7. (Read 90803 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
You would have to be an incredibly pathetic attorney to believe that a mark in use / with prior use is trade mark able. Unless you are relying on your pathological liar client's word that nothing exists out there and you did not do your own due diligence.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I think you need to crack the whip right now. As with all US docs. there is the old under penalty of perjury clause

www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/new_teas.pdf

I am quite sure you can find more than enough evidence of Homero J Garza discussing or being told and acknowledging the existence of PYC before he and his attorney filed for the application. In other words they have "willfully provided false statements..."

However since his whole operation is a scam I suspect he plans to pull a runner long before his false application winds its way through the system and simply does not care. Therefore you need to act now and force him to stop using this mark immediately which is what this dubious operation is based on.

if it was there belief that the original paycoin had no legit claim on the tm then wouldn’t that mean that they didn’t provide false statements? Wouldnt they only then need to show their cause for believing no tm applied to this? Just curious as to how this whole tm thing works
legendary
Activity: 924
I think you need to crack the whip right now. As with all US docs. there is the old under penalty of perjury clause

www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/new_teas.pdf

I am quite sure you can find more than enough evidence of Homero J Garza discussing or being told and acknowledging the existence of PYC before he and his attorney filed for the application. In other words they have "willfully provided false statements..."

However since his whole operation is a scam I suspect he plans to pull a runner long before his false application winds its way through the system and simply does not care. Therefore you need to act now and force him to stop using this mark immediately which is what this dubious operation is based on.

Activity: 420
Merit: 260
Additionally, any trademark considered in use as a generic term is invalid. It can be said that Bitcoin is a generic terms for crypto currency.

Haha! Are you kidding me? You better make a phone call to Xerox right now and tell them their trademark is FUBAR.

When it comes to trademarks, it is not you and I, who decide the matter of things, but the courts. Do you have a link to a court ruling on this matter?

No? Thank you and good bye.

Actually, it has happen to quite a lot of major brand names, in many countries. Here is a rather long, short list, to start
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks  Shocked

Additionally, any trademark considered in use as a generic term is invalid. It can be said that Bitcoin is a generic terms for crypto currency.

Haha! Are you kidding me? You better make a phone call to Xerox right now and tell them their trademark is FUBAR.

When it comes to trademarks, it is not you and I, who decide the matter of things, but the courts. Do you have a link to a court ruling on this matter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_distinctiveness

bayer lost asprin trademark due to it being deemed generic amongst consumers
https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tmcases/bayer.htm
Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a trademark held by MtGox, on the dubious theory that "better they than someone else". There was some talk about them transferring this to the Foundation, but nothing came of it AFAIK.

So if the foundation still hasn't done anything about this, then shame on them. Bitcoin is then an asset in the bankrupt holdings of MtGox currently controlled by the courts of Japan.

"Bitcoin" is no longer protected and is within the public domain both in law and fact. Specifically, the word is not seen as a viable asset worth protecting by any specific government or court trustee within the scope of the current proceedings as that is not their focus. Likewise, I doubt anyone would be successful in the long term claiming ownership or exclusive use via a trade and/or service mark.

Scott-

You have a link to court ruling, invalidating the registered trademark?

This might be so, but it wasn't like that in the beginning, and that's when someone came up with the idea that they'd put down the cash to register it. MtGox managed to stop them. But this should have been done at inception by the foundation, not left open for whatever business entity to register.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i dint say bitcoin was ™

™ 's are exactly that - the sole traders use only. as i have stockpix

Since Bitcoin is used all over the place and never with a ™ and no one ever enforces the use of the symbol, the trademark is worthless and invalid. You have to protect your trademark to keep it.

™ 's are exactly that - the sole traders use only. as i have stockpix
Merit: 259

Bitcoin is a trademark held by MtGox, on the dubious theory that "better they than someone else". There was some talk about them transferring this to the Foundation, but nothing came of it AFAIK.

So if the foundation still hasn't done anything about this, then shame on them. Bitcoin is then an asset in the bankrupt holdings of MtGox currently controlled by the courts of Japan.

"Bitcoin" is no longer protected and is within the public domain both in law and fact. Specifically, the word is not seen as a viable asset worth protecting by any specific government or court trustee within the scope of the current proceedings as that is not their focus. Likewise, I doubt anyone would be successful in the long term claiming ownership or exclusive use via a trade and/or service mark.

Scott-
Activity: 47
lets face facts here, atm every coin atm is as you call it shitcoin. Until you can walk into a shop and buy something with coins XYZ they are all just good in theory. Paybase has a chance at changing this. I bought a few btc worth in the hopes itll work out. But i learned a long time ago not to invest in something unless your prepared for it to fail.

Tho this coin is the first in a LONG time to have a shot at working.

As for the fight between the 2 paycoins... pretty sure they both should just stfu and leave it to the lawyers cause anything said here will end up being used in court at some point

it s both shitcoins. but this i s more liquid shit. and more ugly. developer want only sell his shit now and use hype of other coin. make peace!!!! we are in open source comunity. shame on you dev!!! ppl like you destroy open source world.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

cause anything said here will end up being used in court at some point

Finally, someone who's starting to understand what's going on.

Too bad Mr. Garza didn't have you as an adviser before he took the wrecking ball to this community.

I'm starting to think Mr. Garza has no advisers [cause he couldn't find anyone smarter than himself on the entire planet].  haha!
lets face facts here, atm every coin atm is as you call it shitcoin. Until you can walk into a shop and buy something with coins XYZ they are all just good in theory. Paybase has a chance at changing this. I bought a few btc worth in the hopes itll work out. But i learned a long time ago not to invest in something unless your prepared for it to fail.

Tho this coin is the first in a LONG time to have a shot at working.

As for the fight between the 2 paycoins... pretty sure they both should just stfu and leave it to the lawyers cause anything said here will end up being used in court at some point
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Shitcoin vs Shitcoin

Not quite, man.

ShitCoin vs OG ShitCoin.

OG Paycoin keepn' it realz!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Shitcoin vs Shitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
I applaud you Vlad, at least your ridiculous rants are making you some profit on your garbage coin that nobody has supported in 6+ months or so.  And no, I think XPY is shit too, but you're just angleshooting here and playing the hype while finding unsuspecting rookies to buy your bag.

He wants it to sound important...

"What happens to PayCoin will determine many other HUGE legal issues involving Bitcoin and the fate of many other alt coins, INCLUDING Bitcoin."

Sory Vlad, paycoin will not determine anything. Nobody cares that someone took a name of a worthless shitcoin from you. The only person that will care is a lawyer, that is if you decide to pay him first Wink
Activity: 34
So...when your legal procedure is starting?

I can't wait to see one user on a forum without anything more than a forum thread and no identity confirmed whatsoever start a federal prosecution on a TradeMark that he self proclamed to own, because as far as i see no one of the community voted...

By the way, you took control of everything in the interest of the community...on your own initiative and decision, without approval from the community or even an attempt to ask them what they wanted ?

I'm sure the Cryptocurrency community like very much the concept of taking over control of everything for an alleged community interest, just on your own initiative.

In my book It is just take advantage of the dev absence, whatever are the reasons, to steal an idea and a coin...

Don't make the audience wait too much, people will probably loose fast interest even if you throw some ideology and use the GAW haters of Bitcointalk...

Enough useless chat now, where are the documents of the procedure please ?

Honestly, do you really think you can fool a long time the community with a coin that is not even working ? Outside the 2 exchnages it does not even exists...wallet cannot sync, there is no pool and no blocks produced, and you ask support to the community for your little extortion game ?

If you had really the intentions that you claim for PYC you would have worked this coin for a long time or tried to gather a team, promote it...Outside of you little story with GAW i don't see anything...

And honnestly i doubt you would have distributed anything to the PYC community if GAW had paid you, you didn't made any efforts to contact them, to search or to try to know who they are...
Activity: 476
The Solution is very simple.

Paycoin [PYC] was first to use the name Paycoin.
Paycoin [XPY] came from Gawminer. They just need to change their name to Gawcoin

Problem solved.

Just out of curiosity, did any of you guys try to copy Paypal, and thought it was a good idea to use the word "Pay" and attached "coin" to the end of it?

Peercoin is a perfect example of name similar to Paypal. Instead of using the word "Pal", they replaced it with the word "Peer" and attached "coin" to the end of it.
Pages:
Jump to: