Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Q2C] QubitCoin secure hashing (NEW) Update 0.11.2.2 - page 12. (Read 47574 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
Why PM me if you're going to just post the reply publicly mate? I have no interest in helping someone vindictive to a helping hand. I'm not paying a premium for a coin that you admit has no network strength. I'm not developing or putting up a bounty for a coin I do not own a large lot of. Bottom line. I like the coin. I do not like backhanded begging. You can look through my history and see I've been very generous to the coins I've involved in. Not if they try to publicly shame me for saying I'll buy it cheaper  Roll Eyes

In fact, it would be positive for the network transition if I were to own a majority of Q2C. But, I do not feel comfortable buying that much at current rates knowing the spiker could easily fork the network.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
OK so here is the reply I got from our "very concerned" member TheKingInYellow (look at few posts above) on my question about finding developer:

"I wasn't aware the network was in such dire straights. I've got some messages out to PoS developers I know. But, I will remind you, it's in my best interest to let Q2C die for a time and drop to 1 sat so i can buy it all up for nothing. So I'm not in a very big hurry, I will let you know about a timeframe if anyone is interested."

Angry

I think for now the best solution is to continue as it is now with the correction of difficulty re-targeting more often.
After that we can try to find someone who is willing to do the conversion and properly plan it.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
Any news here?
I tried with few developing teams and none of them want to accept the job of converting to PoS/PoW hybrid.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the pro's and con's for both PoW and PoS, this conversion would just make the coin "greener".
Considering that this PoW/PoS area is undefined on how exactly it supposed to work, I think we should stick to PoW until things clear up a little bit.

I'm sorry but if you can't find a dev then I will, I won't let this coin go out and have the network die without trying to phase into PoW/PoS. See above. The network is struggling just to cope with the network difficulty spike caused by the malicious miner. What is the codebase for Q2C? LTC or btc?

I have absolutely no problem with this Smiley
Thanks for getting involved. Just don't fuck up the coin with this conversion to hybrid. Smiley
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
I tried with few developing teams and none of them want to accept the job of converting to PoS/PoW hybrid.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the pro's and con's for both PoW and PoS, this conversion would just make the coin "greener".
Considering that this PoW/PoS area is undefined on how exactly it supposed to work, I think we should stick to PoW until things clear up a little bit.

I'm sorry but if you can't find a dev then I will, I won't let this coin go out and have the network die without trying to phase into PoW/PoS. See above. The network is struggling just to cope with the network difficulty spike caused by the malicious miner. What is the codebase for Q2C? LTC or btc?

BTC afaik,

Code:
https://github.com/willowrose/QubitCoin

I don't know why you are making drama over all this. Coin is working fine like it is. I must say I didn't see an hour between block but even it is like that it is occasional.

If you have solution on how to handle difficulty please tell us and if people agree, we can change it.

See now! 2 hours between block

I don't know why you are making drama over all this. Coin is working fine like it is. I must say I didn't see an hour between block but even it is like that it is occasional.

If you have solution on how to handle difficulty please tell us and if people agree, we can change it.

It's not occasional. It passes everyday.  Currently you can see there is one miner with ~300 mh/s.   Once he goes the net will remain with only 5 mh/s and will need a lot of time to find 20 block to recalc the diffuculty.
Solution can be - make the coin to do difficulty retargeting after every block.
Activity: 170
will mine this coin. hope can make some profit from it. any roadmap for this coin from dev? will gladly start mining with my miner for a small sum of speed below 100mhs. can i make money if i can get 100mhs of speed? any calculator for this coin?

Do you mean we should continue with PoW ? is very difficult,  the red is unstable because of dif spike, when it passes blocks are generating to slow, 1 block for an hour o something like this.   The coin is too cheap to attract permanent large hashrate.  And with dif spike when transactions delay for a lot of time  the coin will lose all holders!

There is dif spike once again right now.   No news about Pos?  Are you going to wait till the coin dies?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

where is QubitCoin hashrate chart??  Wink

Added https://cryptohub.online/blocks_hist/Q2C/

wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
There is dif spike once again right now.   No news about Pos?  Are you going to wait till the coin dies?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

where is QubitCoin hashrate chart??  Wink
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
there is difficulity spike currently.   average block time 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds.   PoS is very needed
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
I heard news are coming soon! That`s great!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When? tired w8ting...

Please sell out.
I heard news are coming soon! That`s great!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When? tired w8ting...

Never seen you here before.  Roll Eyes Us real holders aren't here to pump and make a flip off news. When PoS comes it'll come.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I heard news are coming soon! That`s great!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When? tired w8ting...
I am still getting no block source available. Is anyone able to send me their peers.dat file because mine is a bunch of gibberish.

sure, you can get it from here, works with client v0.11.2.2
link: https://mega.nz/#!WdtiEZzS!pCdpgyEczbq-cuu7oNWOg8vqBgaMvYdu9hPRh3JQo9g
Thanks! That worked.

Now when I'm trying to mine (sgminer 4.1.0) all my shares are being rejected due to low difficulty shares. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

miner wrong algorithm choosed?
Pages:
Jump to: