Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Q2C] QubitCoin secure hashing (NEW) Update 0.11.2.2 - page 14. (Read 47574 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 501
Hey gang! I'm just now getting into this coin but when I try to download the blockchain it says "No block source available". I have tried to add nodes via the command line but nothing seems to happen.

You can download bootstrap.dat file here:
Code:
https://github.com/jemekite/q2c-bootstrap
to speed up sync process
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
Hey gang! I'm just now getting into this coin but when I try to download the blockchain it says "No block source available". I have tried to add nodes via the command line but nothing seems to happen.

This is my list of nodes from conf file

addnode=2.85.178.193:7788
addnode=2.85.190.80:7788
addnode=188.2.118.59:7788
addnode=62.210.246.172:7788
addnode=79.174.71.53:7788
addnode=2.85.43.174:7788
addnode=85.236.188.28:7788
addnode=169.0.225.137:7788
addnode=86.24.244.100:7788
addnode=188.126.58.213:7788
addnode=94.68.41.60:7788
addnode=82.165.72.192:7788
addnode=163.172.13.126:7788
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
making a note of this one interested in what the plan for pos is going to be.
It's Sunday again!   difficulty spike can return....  Any news about PoS?
And who knows how much time remain? It seems aprox 1 month. And what will be after that? Mining disables or just set zero base reward, only reward from transaction fees?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I am looking for developer as we speak. The plan is to go for PoW/PoS combination for transition period and after that to PoS.

I hope that this will be done ASAP...
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
I am looking for developer as we speak. The plan is to go for PoW/PoS combination for transition period and after that to PoS.
Difficulity spiker returns....  he make q2c dif grow to 3 and gone..... 
And what about PoS? Who is going to find a developer to add PoS to the coin?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
                                                                                                        BlockMonsta Miningpool [Q2C]

http://[Suspicious link removed]/

EXAMPLE for QUBITCOIN [Q2C]

stratum+tcp://172.104.134.52:3222 -u WalletAddress -p x

Ports:
                                                                                                                    Port: 3221, Diff: 0.032
                                                                                                                    Port: 3222, Diff: 0.04
                                                                                                                    Port: 3223, Diff: 1

This pool is offline...
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I will follow this project. When POS ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
What about PoW/PoS combination?

I think it's fair at least as a transition to PoS.

That is a good idea. Pos/PoW is useful because you can have PoW as a backup incase the stake network wanes. There is another coin that does this as a policy so that the network is always running.
What about PoW/PoS combination?

I think it's fair at least as a transition to PoS.
You are right,  with current price and block reward amount it can't have stable large hash from miners.  Only one solution - switch to PoS
It's like it's a sign. Switching to PoS makes sure rogue hash doesn't come to destroy network profitability/productivity and encourages stable secure hashing indefinitely. Continuing the PoW algo with even less rewards with the difficulty spiker would kill the network.
It's a shit.... Once I lowered difficulity  there is appeared again 1 ghs miner.    it seems that miner is configured to mine only when difficulity lower than 0.5 ......   but if dif is upper than 0.5 nobody will mine it due to low profit...

he wants to destroy the coin?
WTF with qubit blockchain...  One found block every 2 hours..  I think it because yesterday someone was mining with 1 Gh hashrate and left qubit with extremely high difficulty.
Now I allocate 10 mh/s to resolve this problem as soon as possible.
So it will be good to implement difficulty changing every 1 block (not 20). And yes I support the idea to continue mining with reward halving
There should be around 180 000 left if total supply is still 248 million.
Considering that a big part of that is forever lost (people just deleted wallets) we could say there is a lot less in total available.

I would suggest to prolong period of 1 Q2C reward and from now on start halving every 2 000 000 blocks (aprox 2 years). After it reaches 0.01 Q2C we leave reward like that for indefinite time.

Please post your suggestions so we can find the best solution for the future of Qubitcoin.

Once we find the best solution, I will find developer to implement the changes.

Also if you have some idea on how to start a service which would use Q2C as a means of payment feel free to suggest.
I was looking at idea of exchanging Q2C for coupons or vouchers for ebay.

Thanks

I believe switching to PoS will make Q2C more than just another altcoin and turn it into an asset coin. That's my opinion though, a hard cap is hard to find in crypto and I'd like to see Qubit stay that way and segue its way into rewarding holders to keep the network running. With coins being "dead" that makes every Cubit there is even more valuable and I believe incentive should be given to people to hold it into the near and long term future.

I don't know what codebase Cubit is based on, though, is it LTC or BTC or homebrew?
There should be around 180 000 left if total supply is still 248 million.
Considering that a big part of that is forever lost (people just deleted wallets) we could say there is a lot less in total available.

I would suggest to prolong period of 1 Q2C reward and from now on start halving every 2 000 000 blocks (aprox 2 years). After it reaches 0.01 Q2C we leave reward like that for indefinite time.

Please post your suggestions so we can find the best solution for the future of Qubitcoin.

Once we find the best solution, I will find developer to implement the changes.

Also if you have some idea on how to start a service which would use Q2C as a means of payment feel free to suggest.
I was looking at idea of exchanging Q2C for coupons or vouchers for ebay.

Thanks
I notice we're not very far away from the end of the PoW period. What are the plans for Qubit after that?  Smiley

How much months remain?  Here is no dev how I know.  We would need some dev to add PoS  to this coin

I don't have the number off my head but we're ~1 million Q2C away from the maximum coin amount being reached. After that the algorythm could be changed by a developer, no? And as long as Q2c is open source someone can always take over.  Wink
I notice we're not very far away from the end of the PoW period. What are the plans for Qubit after that?  Smiley

How much months remain?  Here is no dev how I know.  We would need some dev to add PoS  to this coin
Pages:
Jump to: