Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record - page 12. (Read 684982 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Edit: I should also add that I'm not sure v0.10.2 had all the correct ports defined... You may want to remove your peers.dat file and try a restart.

You are right about the peers.dat file.  I found a script online and dumped the contents of the peers.dat file.

All of the outbound traffic on port 8333 matched entries in  this file.

I will follow your guidance and remove the file.

Cheers!
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
I am seeing outgoing traffic on port 8333 and 28333 from this new client.

I thought RieCoin only communicated on port 28333.

Have I been making an incorrect assumption?

Port 28333 is the correct p2p port. Interesting that you're seeing some traffic on port 8333... Would you be willing to show some debug.log snippets to examine? It's possible we've missed some upstream port definitions but I don't immediately see where... (bitcoind is using port 8333)

Edit: I should also add that I'm not sure v0.10.2 had all the correct ports defined... You may want to remove your peers.dat file and try a restart.
Activity: 2
I am seeing outgoing traffic on port 8333 and 28333 from this new client.

I thought RieCoin only communicated on port 28333.

Have I been making an incorrect assumption?

Activity: 35
Merit: 2
Major new version

Binaries and source code:

Thanks for your help with this release.

In addition, I flashed a PR to riecoin on github to notify gatra that a release has been made. clo1 can decide if an upstream PR is necessary (it would be nice if clo1 did get the offered bounty).

https://github.com/riecoin/riecoin/pull/10
Major new version

Binaries and source code:

https://github.com/riecointeam/riecoin/releases/tag/v0.16.3.0

if using git:

git clone https://github.com/riecointeam/riecoin.git
    git checkout v0.16.3.0

New in this release:

* Updated to Bitcoin 0.16.3 code base
* Many bug fixes
* BIP65, BIP66, CSV, segwit signaling and support
* Gitian builds

Please report issues here:

https://github.com/riecointeam/riecoin/issues

Thanks to clo1 and Pttn for developing this major release.

Also on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RieCoin/comments/ajovcq/riecoin_v01630/
Activity: 4
Glad to hear that, I wonder how much RIC/day you are earning. At least the RaspBerry Pi uses very low power.

..and is pretty silent - i am not having a lot of experience since i only started recently mining RIC with Pi, but it looks like its something like 1(one) coin/day
maybe i should do a YT, so i can show it to my students Smiley

cheers
Activity: 113
Merit: 51
Riecoin developer
Works. Merci.
had to add to the rieMiner.conf:

Code:
#256 Men in Black
PrimeTableLimit = 268435456

512 MiB didn't work

still states "using >1100MiB" which is funny since RPi3 only has 1024 MiB, but hey, it works...
Hashrate is >340 kH/s (says my pool)

Glad to hear that, I wonder how much RIC/day you are earning. At least the RaspBerry Pi uses very low power.

The memory estimation is not really accurate for now, especially for lower amounts, it just gives a rough estimation. I opened an issue about that if someone is interested in improving this.

Anyone wanting to contribute to rieMiner can read its issues.
If new features are wanted, one can also open another issue.

Is there a chance that coinmarketcap will track RIC again? Or am i only doing Mathematics a favor now? Tongue

They might consider tracking again if Zapple's daily volume for RIC/BTC ever reaches $1000 equivalent like asked in their Request Form.
Zapple will only start advertising on Summer once they are ready, we can only hope that they will find a place in the competition, or that we get listed in another important exchange.

Else not much is happening in our community sadly.
Some social activity like Medium articles or posts/comments in CPU mineable coins compilations are welcome.
Or someone can try to break any tuple world record with the rieMiner's Benchmark Mode.
Enjoy.

Works. Merci.
had to add to the rieMiner.conf:

Code:
#256 Men in Black
PrimeTableLimit = 268435456

512 MiB didn't work

still states "using >1100MiB" which is funny since RPi3 only has 1024 MiB, but hey, it works...
Hashrate is >340 kH/s (says my pool)

Is there a chance that coinmarketcap will track RIC again? Or am i only doing Mathematics a favor now? Tongue

cheers
Activity: 113
Merit: 51
Riecoin developer
Hi,
do you guys can make an estimation if the rieminer would/will work on RPi?
cheers

I compiled rieMiner in a Toshiba AC100 (Armhf CPU, Ubuntu 16.04) without any issue, so rieMiner should work in a Raspberry Pi with Linux. Note that you need to use the Light branch. Also be sure to read properly the README.md (in particular, 32 bits compilation instructions and reduce the PrimeTableLimit for less memory usage). If you need help, please post questions here.

Unfortunatly i can't compile rieMiner on my Raspberry Pi3b - Screenshot:....
Looks like that there are some issues with including cpuid.h?
(https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/issues/574#issue-343408913)
(https://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/688ya8/compile_reddcoin_on_raspberry_pi_b/)
btw, i am using pi64-lite as OS

cheers

I compiled rieMiner in a Toshiba AC100 (Armhf CPU, Ubuntu 16.04) without any issue, so rieMiner should work in a Raspberry Pi with Linux. Note that you need to use the Light branch. Also be sure to read properly the README.md (in particular, 32 bits compilation instructions (no longer needed) and reduce the PrimeTableLimit for less memory usage). If you need help, please post questions here.

As pi64 seems to be Debian based, you should not encounter any other issue.
Someone else was able to make rieMiner work on RaspBerry Pi without any issue.

Code:
# apt install g++ make git libjansson-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev
git clone https://github.com/Pttn/rieMiner.git
cd rieMiner
git checkout Light
make -j 4

Enjoy.
Hi,
do you guys can make an estimation if the rieminer would/will work on RPi?
cheers

I compiled rieMiner in a Toshiba AC100 (Armhf CPU, Ubuntu 16.04) without any issue, so rieMiner should work in a Raspberry Pi with Linux. Note that you need to use the Light branch. Also be sure to read properly the README.md (in particular, 32 bits compilation instructions and reduce the PrimeTableLimit for less memory usage). If you need help, please post questions here.

Unfortunatly i can't compile rieMiner on my Raspberry Pi3b - Screenshot:https://ibb.co/c6mPr2V.
Looks like that there are some issues with including cpuid.h?
(https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/issues/574#issue-343408913)
(https://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/688ya8/compile_reddcoin_on_raspberry_pi_b/)
btw, i am using pi64-lite as OS

cheers
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
Hi, may I ask a naive question?

I noticed that once a while there are couple of blocks with 22.66 block rewards instead of 25, for example:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/block.dws?7d613e7cb67c960620d11c8cc5d958cad179bce7480322e3de4939ef501e3374.htm

Do you know what is the cause? Is that a mining software bug or something in the Riecoin consensus rules?

Thanks!

That blocks are for compensate the superblock.
Activity: 20
Hi, may I ask a naive question?

I noticed that once a while there are couple of blocks with 22.66 block rewards instead of 25, for example:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/block.dws?7d613e7cb67c960620d11c8cc5d958cad179bce7480322e3de4939ef501e3374.htm

Do you know what is the cause? Is that a mining software bug or something in the Riecoin consensus rules?

Thanks!
Activity: 35
Merit: 2

Ah, I think I found some of your technical issues... My impression is that I don't think transaction size should be any issue for Riecoin since we will most likely never approach scaling issues like upstream. I wasn't aware of any issue with zero-fee transactions and segwit, if a miner wishes to mine them I don't see a reason why that is not allowed (that would be a pool or miner setting, correct?).

Segwit's benefits for Riecoin are beyond scaling though, Script versioning and MAST, Schnorr, others come to mind.

The issue of zero-fee transactions is independent of segwit. I don't think they are possible, but they can be set to .00000001.

Here is what I wrote a couple months ago.

I looked into transaction fees a a bit. I think there is enough flexibility through configuration options that we don't need to add a zero transaction fee capability. The parameters are:
mintxfee           - the minimum transaction fee in RIC/kB
minrelaytxfee  - the minimum transaction fee for a node to relay the transaction in RIC/kB
blockmintxfee  - minimum fee for a transaction to be included in blocks created by mining code, in RIC/kB

The defaults are all 0.00001000 RIC/kB. The smallest value is .00000001.

-mintxfee=.00000001 -minrelaytxfee=.00000001 -blockmintxfee=.00000001 will allow transactions of 1 satoshi (or gatra). I have tested this on testnet.

This way we allow users, nodes, and miners to determine what rates should be instead of fixing it in code and we stay consistent with bitcoin.

I could see possibly lowering the defaults.

Two other values that might be useful:
fallbackfee           - the standard fee, defaults to 0.00020000 RIC/kB
m_discard_rate    - any change smaller than this is considered dust and is added to the transaction fee, default is .00010000
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
yesterday, i've upgraded wallet to the latest version (rc) mined a few rics without a problem from ublock.it meaning that are shown in the new wallet normally.
everything seems to work like a charm  Grin
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Solo mining on the new release works without problem
Activity: 8
Thank you for this incredible work !

My only worry is that "All Others" miner goes along with the upgrade as well, since they do not publicly discuss anything we'll have to keep a close eye on if/when they signal support.

We discussed this a bit on github, our current BIP9 consensus threshold is 95%. If we can prove that we can at least get a vast majority of hashrate to signal and are blocked by a minority we can perhaps address that ratio using bit 2.
Activity: 255
Merit: 102
uBlock.it Admin

Ah, I think I found some of your technical issues... My impression is that I don't think transaction size should be any issue for Riecoin since we will most likely never approach scaling issues like upstream. I wasn't aware of any issue with zero-fee transactions and segwit, if a miner wishes to mine them I don't see a reason why that is not allowed (that would be a pool or miner setting, correct?).

Segwit's benefits for Riecoin are beyond scaling though, Script versioning and MAST, Schnorr, others come to mind.

I agree, it's easier to just follow the core code than try and change something like segwit.
The current software defaults to zero fee tx if 6 inputs or less, this will change after everyone is upgraded and there will be no zero-fee default.

I'm fine with this, miners can choose to mine 0 fee tx if they want. My beef with segiwt was supposing we keep 0 fee tx, it would make no sense to allow 0 fee segwit tx as they require more space but this is a moot point as it is up to the miners which tx to include (as it should be)

uBlock.it will upgrade it's nodes to this RC as soon as possible.
My only worry is that "All Others" miner goes along with the upgrade as well, since they do not publicly discuss anything we'll have to keep a close eye on if/when they signal support.

Ziiip why do you think segwit is not good for the coin ? It will not hurt to have it like functionality even to not use it or activating it right now ?
The idea with never ending riecoin is cool and I am 100% agree. The unique of riecoin is its algorithm and I think we must not put limits on this. My c++ skills are not good too but I will help you in that.

The future of the coin right now depend on us. We can have voting on the community board about the direction to where the coin should be developed.

The reasons I think segwit is unnecessary for Riecoin.
1) The blockahin is heavier (transactions require more space)
2) The fee is smaller only for some kind of tx
3) Riecoin traditionally had zero fees for transactions with fewer than 7 inputs(not positive on this number off the top of my head but zero fee is default for small size tx)
4) Since segwit tx get discounted fees by weight and Riecoin still wants 0 fee tx, it only makes sense to change this and make segwit tx more expensive since it requires more space. (this would require change to current Core implementation if segwit is adopted)

Given these points I still see how it's valuable to follow BTC code because it's easiest to merge future updates etc (probably why 99% of altcoins blindly follow it exclusively)
FWIW I really don't care if we continue with following Bitcoin Core at the end of the day these issues are very minor since the chain is not likely to see high use such as the bitcoin chain.

I personally like what Bitcoin Unlimited is doing, primarily with graphene and other improvements to help block propagation, further reduce orphan rates. But I'm not married to that solution, just decided to play around with the idea.

Hopefully that answers your question. I don't intend to have a huge debate about it, but I think the fee situation should at least be given special attention, unless of course everyone is fine with ditching 0 fee tx.

Pages:
Jump to: