Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling - page 20. (Read 32058 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Carpooling is not only great for the environment but it really can safe you $$$

Nice Graphic bro

Did you make up those numbers or did they come from a trusted source?
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Matt or Jack? Why not both!
Carpooling is not only great for the environment but it really can safe you $$$

Activity: 5
I have been keeping up with the thread so far I am finding everyones input very interesting. I would like to here more about how one would ensure passenger safety. additionally is this coin going to available on the platform or crypto exchanges?
Activity: 1
carpooling with crypto... gud luck with this project! keeping it green!
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
I am getting stoked on this project!
Activity: 40
Activity: 11
It seems every day that some project raises millions, look at iconomi and firstblood. Sure they have larger teams, but what they're trying to do is not anymore valuable than what RMC is trying to do. I don't see why RMC couldn't raise a decent amount of funding and really compete in one major city.

You realise that Uber posted a loss of $1.7 Billion on $1.2 Billion in revenue over the first 9 months of 2015.

That's a monumental burn rate, raising a few mill isn't the solution, if the solution is to spend it on loss leader acquisition of users.

You drew firstblood  Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
It seems every day that some project raises millions, look at iconomi and firstblood. Sure they have larger teams, but what they're trying to do is not anymore valuable than what RMC is trying to do. I don't see why RMC couldn't raise a decent amount of funding and really compete in one major city.

You realise that Uber posted a loss of $1.7 Billion on $1.2 Billion in revenue over the first 9 months of 2015.

That's a monumental burn rate, raising a few mill isn't the solution, if the solution is to spend it on loss leader acquisition of users.
Activity: 40
Activity: 8

I agree plus RMC is helping save the environment  Grin
Activity: 41
Activity: 420
Kamehameha!!!
a lot of references to uber but thats a taxi service this is more geared toward carpooling.

Wiki Snag...

Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing, lift-sharing and covoiturage) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car.

By having more people using one vehicle, carpooling reduces each person's travel costs such as fuel costs, tolls, and the stress of driving. Carpooling is also a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to travel as sharing journeys reduces carbon emissions, traffic congestion on the roads, and the need for parking spaces. Authorities often encourage carpooling, especially during periods of high pollution or high fuel prices.

In 2009, carpooling represented 43.5% of all trips in the United States and 10% of commute trips. The majority of carpool commutes (over 60%) are "fam-pools" with family members.

Carpool commuting is more popular for people who work in places with more jobs nearby, and who live in places with higher residential densities. Carpooling is significantly correlated with transport operating costs, including gas prices and commute length, and with measures of social capital, such as time spent with others, time spent eating and drinking, and being unmarried. However, carpooling is significantly less likely among people who spend more time at work, older workers, and homeowners.

Clearly commuters would rather use public transport. The question is then, what of demographic contribute the most in the 43% of trips made?

Activity: 262
I hate my family
They had carpooling in world war 2? I did not know that, that's quite interesting. I imagine not many people had cars back then, probably would have been upper class people exclusively. Why would they want to carpool ?

In times of war, resources such as oil are scarce and are rationed. The well off could have been doing their part for the war effort by car pooling.

Activity: 392
They had carpooling in world war 2? I did not know that, that's quite interesting. I imagine not many people had cars back then, probably would have been upper class people exclusively. Why would they want to carpool ?
Activity: 8
When can I ride my car?
Activity: 325

A poster used to promote carpooling in the U.S. as a way to ration gasoline during World War II

Hey noob let me post that for you...

Natural resources will inevitably dwindle and initiatives like these will one day become the norm. Nice picture!

A poster used to promote carpooling in the U.S. as a way to ration gasoline during World War II

Hey noob let me post that for you...

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
concept is awesome. If you can make it work this is going to be great project

watching for now Cheesy
Activity: 205
Investor / Trader / Analyst
Suddenly my friend starts asking me for RMC tokens for giving me a ride home.. that'll be the day
Pages:
Jump to: