Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling - page 25. (Read 32058 times)

Activity: 506
Merit: 500
Will I be use this in different territories?

Perhaps it would be better to focus on getting adoption in a city, and then that respective country to get a larger user base before expanding abroad.
This way, the marketing can be focused on getting a decent number of users.

I agree I think they should focus on dominating one large city and let it expand from there.

It might be a good idea to start off in a popular college town. Work with the college community and let it expand to other universities and so on. Worked for facebook

For larger cities maybe.. some college towns may not have that need..
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Perhaps it would be better to focus on getting adoption in a city, and then that respective country to get a larger user base before expanding abroad.

I agree I think they should focus on dominating one large city and let it expand from there.

It might be a good idea to start off in a popular college town. Work with the college community and let it expand to other universities and so on. Worked for facebook
Activity: 11

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ride My Car Marketing Site

Lots of work has been done in the last few weeks and we're getting to a point where we can nearly launch a minimum viable product.

In the mean time we've put together a simple website which we will be adding to and making further updates to as well.

You can visit that at www.ridemycar.org

In the next few days we'll have some screenshots of the site and what will be available as beta, and a road map for what we'll be working on as the project continues.

We'll also have a crowd fund that will help us take us to the next level.  More details on that to follow.

I missed this update I guess I should take a little more time reading thread. Thanks Dev!
Activity: 120
Matt or Jack? Why not both!
looking for to the release of this coin. Any updates would be great. thanks!
I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw decentralized travel. proof of journey neat concept. hope to see some updates soon!
Activity: 506
I actually have an arrangement with a friend who takes the same journey every day to a mutual destination. I'm sure there are other people who are like me. It's a-lot easier when its with someone you know, I don't like how impersonal uber ride share is, and not to mention it's still more pricey than I would like.
Activity: 6
I must say if this project goes live then Kudos. To many coins out there are talk and no functionality just a clone of a clone. Nice to see a team trying to actually produce!
Activity: 5
Activity: 7
ride share with crypto.... love it! looking forward to this project! I do have a lot of question but I will ask at a later date. All the best to RMC team
Activity: 218
Just offering my 2 cents from a business POV

The success of this coin depends on a number of factors.
Lets break them down for the sake of constructive criticism and a mutual interest in economics.

Your coin will be able to attain scale only if individuals switch to using your monetary system as a means to accept and give payments for rides.
Existing players like uber, lyft, didi possess a massive monopoly in global markets and have been able to invest billions towards keeping away activities from unions and the likes. While ride sharing as a concept is fairly interesting - it includes changing the behavior of possible users. Now take into context the fact that uber is about to release self driving cars and we are increasingly moving towards machine to machine payments.

The total user base for your coin will rely on

-Those using crypto
-The fraction of people using crypto knowing your coin
-The fraction of people using crypto knowing your coin with other ride shares around / drivers willing to take the coin
-The fraction of people using the crypto knowing your coin with other ride shares around / drivers willing to take the coin with access to a wallet and coin of some value.

That, is a very small market. And unless and until you have atleast a couple million dollars to invest into acquiring users, those buying this token are going to end up sitting on another bunch of tokens that can neither be used for ride shares nor be traded.

Sorry, I do not mean to bash on you but do re think your strategy.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further.

Good analysis, you have a good grasp of the economics of business.

It's scary to think that other rideshare businesses have basically been burning cash continuously in an effort to reach mass adoption. You do have very good points here..

Thank you for the kind words Sir.
@OP - can you please explain what's going ?
Activity: 526
This project still running or cancelled?
No update since your make ANN

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post. The project is on-going and we're nearing the stage where we can start getting the coin moving. I'm sure you can understand that it was important for us to build a minimum viable product before actually moving forward with form of coin distribution.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
This project still running or cancelled?
No update since your make ANN
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Lets break them down for the sake of constructive criticism and a mutual interest in economics.

Your coin will be able to attain scale only if individuals switch to using your monetary system as a means to accept and give payments for rides.
Existing players like uber, lyft, didi possess a massive monopoly in global markets and have been able to invest billions towards keeping away activities from unions and the likes. While ride sharing as a concept is fairly interesting - it includes changing the behavior of possible users. Now take into context the fact that uber is about to release self driving cars and we are increasingly moving towards machine to machine payments.

-Those using crypto
-The fraction of people using crypto knowing your coin with other ride shares around / drivers willing to take the coin
-The fraction of people using the crypto knowing your coin with other ride shares around / drivers willing to take the coin with access to a wallet and coin of some value.

That, is a very small market. And unless and until you have atleast a couple million dollars to invest into acquiring users, those buying this token are going to end up sitting on another bunch of tokens that can neither be used for ride shares nor be traded.

Good analysis, you have a good grasp of the economics of business.

It's scary to think that other rideshare businesses have basically been burning cash continuously in an effort to reach mass adoption. You do have very good points here..
Activity: 120
Matt or Jack? Why not both!
I think its important to test all aspects of crypto, and to this end, I really support this idea. Whether or not it becomes mainstream is not the point at all. There are very few beginnings in crypto that have resulted in mainstream adoption.

You got a +1 from me.
Activity: 218

-Those using crypto

Activity: 130
When will be real ANN, or ico? Fortunately you are still here, don't let us down, make everything is done first
Activity: 150
It would be nice of the coin worked like Pokemon go does where is you must travel a distance to achieve earning coins. This would be cool. You wouldn't be able to cheat it would be impossible. You have a speed limit set to like 200km or even the max legal limit so trains will fail and airplanes too. Think about it. I think its a damn cool idea. Unless this is the plant in the first place ?

It could be cheated, Pokemon go has had its fair share of people gaming the system. It is a very good idea though, maybe something in the pipeline later on?

Back to pokemon for now Tongue
Activity: 10
Will there be a subsidy or stipend given to early adopters?
Uber has been subsidizing journey's to stay competitive, same as DiDi in China..
Perhaps some early bird bonus in the crowdfund you mention?

-Zentuple
Pages:
Jump to: