Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 36. (Read 107936 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello,
Whic settings i must put on my cpu miner to get the best performance,i have intel core i7700k?
Thank you
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
What are the differences between this and HODLcoin? Any specialties or interesting points?

For starters look at the post you did in the HOdl thread and it's gotten no response yet. Now look at your post in here and note that you're quickly getting responses. My point is this our community and attention to members is very good indeed.

Now to your legitimate question I want to say a few things first. Know this, I am a big fan of HOdl coin, I mine it I stake it I term deposit it and I have been in their community for some time now. The fact that I picked HOdl coin to fork and make ROI coin tells a lot because I could have picked any coin known to man. I think HOdl is a great coin so I am not interested in making a tread here about ROI vs HOdl yada yada but I am happy to talk about the differences. As far as which coin is better you should look at the information and make your own decision.

Many coin launches involve copy/paste, change the name, change the logo and presto-bingo a new (not really) coin is born. ROI was no such animal I can assure you.

Let's start with some basic coin specs...

ROI is a faster block chain with target spacing at 120 seconds vs Hodl at 154 seconds.
ROI has a much longer window of POW with the code anticipating a POW mining period that spans roughly 30 years.
ROI does not have pre-determined halving like HOdl and remains constant and will be changed if and when needed as the community feedback and data dictates.
ROI has a much higher standard POS of 15% compared to HOdl's 5%.
ROI has a much higher term deposit rate of up to 593%.
Where the HOdl term deposit rate was super high and dropped to almost nothing across a 2 year span the ROI coin term deposit rate is constant.
ROI POW reward is much higher at 120 coins vs Hodl at 50 coins
ROI has a superior difficulty algorithm (MIDAS) as compared to HOdl
ROI coins do not have to be moved and reset every 30 days to keep gaining standard POS whereas HOdl coins do.

In terms of basic coin specs ROI is immensely different. In terms of what is similar both coins use the same 1GB AES algo and both coins are triple-hybrids - IE: POW | POS | Term Deposit

Let's look at the community and the relationship and interaction between the devs and users...

I like to think ROI coin is top shelf in how we focus on the needs of the community. We work hard to respond quickly and we don't force any changes but always look for a general community consensus. The community is diverse and thriving and you can see that if you just look around. The people here can verify that the entire dev team has stayed up all night and produced hot fixes almost immediately when they were needed. Others here can testify that we have replaced millions of coins that were lost due to various issues... when is the last time you saw a dev team replace coins that were lost when mined on the wrong chain?

Let's look at the digital footprint...

ROI has a far superior digital footprint in terms of professional graphics, videos, social media channels, website and paid marketing. Our white paper is excellent, our road map is very aggressive and we have completed all road map tasks ahead of schedule. This shows clearly with us being a few months old vs a 2 year old coin and we have more than double the network hashrate and a higher trading price.

Now the path forward...

ROI is just getting started and look at how many pages already on BitcoinTalk. Just look at over 600 users signed up at the website. ROI has substantial investment capital behind it to sustain infrastructure expenses and marketing expenses. Note our 2 block explorers and 10+ seed nodes... those things aren't free. Moving forward there will be stable infrastructure to support the coin and there will also be plenty of effective paid marketing.

In the end both coins are good coins IMHO but I think ROI has a noticeable edge in a few different areas. Whichever coin you decide to run with or even run with both of them I wish you the best of luck!
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
What are the differences between this and HODLcoin? Any specialties or interesting points?
ROI is worth more than hodl Cheesy

Also we have a better team. (joke I have hodl coins too).
Activity: 154
Merit: 22

I think the main difference is that both coins have their own goals/plans and own teams. Also when you take a look at the term deposit rates you will see another main difference. RoiCoin has interest up to 593%. Hodlcoin 10% at the moment as I know.
Activity: 30
How to GPU mine ROI Coin.
This is on the understanding you have some GPUs and can clock up around 3-4KH on Cryptonight.
1: Go make a account on nicehash.
2: install and config xmr stack on your GPU rig.
3: mine the cryptonight Pool on nicehash for some time or untill you have 0.005 BTC
4: Go to the nice hash website and buy HODL at 0.0001 BTC per 1KH
5: Point it to the pool you want.

If you have 3-4KH on cryptonight with your GPU rig and you mined for 5 days you should have 0.005 BTC this can then be converted to mine HODL algo on nicehash at 10KH a day Cheesy
Any chance this energy saving/hash increase could be built into the wallet miner? Seems to me that the whole concept behind the coin being easy for everyone to use and available to all is somewhat diluted by the requirement to use an external miner software (to get maximum hash rates) and will put a load of people off doing this.

Just a thought - but I think this could get more people on board in the long run - it is a great move - I like the idea of a "run in eco" mode and then a button that say - you know what - use all my computer resources cos I have solar!

You can set the wallet miner off and then set the affinity just the same as in the vid. You can also use a .bat file to set the affinity with something like...

start /affinity 555 roicoinwallet.exe

and that shoudl then set the threads the wallet can use. BUT I HAVE NOT TESTED.
Activity: 19
Any chance this energy saving/hash increase could be built into the wallet miner? Seems to me that the whole concept behind the coin being easy for everyone to use and available to all is somewhat diluted by the requirement to use an external miner software (to get maximum hash rates) and will put a load of people off doing this.

Just a thought - but I think this could get more people on board in the long run - it is a great move - I like the idea of a "run in eco" mode and then a button that say - you know what - use all my computer resources cos I have solar!
Activity: 269
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
Record hashrate for ROI COIN 436.5010 KH/s.
I just tested this now on my xeon 2650 (12 core/24 threads) and it's working fine.
I set up to work only even processors, cpu0, cpu2, cpu4, cpu6... cpu22. For that to work i transform this 010101010101010101010101 in hexa whitch is 555555
My line in start.bat is like this

Code:
start /affinity 555555 hodlminer_AVX2_AES -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://roi.suprnova.cc:4699 -u maxente.maxente -p 1234 -q

Now my processor is working on 50% max and i notice the hash rate is going to 1180h/s. Till now rarely i was seeing 1030 - 1050h/s
The funny thing is that if i whant to use the odd processors cpu1, cpu3, ​​cpu5, cpu7... cpu23 the hash rate is no more than 400 -450h/s.

Thanks alot @TheRaster and @2DRacox !

More hash less power Cheesy

Im Happy I could help you and all the other Roi coin miners out there. Power saving is needed at times like this when states are hitting miners for there power use.

Now ROIcoin is a true ECO coin. (untill the miner coders make use of the power there not using in the miners that is Cheesy )
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
I use this in startup in a shortcut for my 12 core, Windows update was crazy active on a new win install.... so now every time it booting, I still mining.

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 555  "C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\HODL-START.bat"
Activity: 66
I just tested this now on my xeon 2650 (12 core/24 threads) and it's working fine.
I set up to work only even processors, cpu0, cpu2, cpu4, cpu6... cpu22. For that to work i transform this 010101010101010101010101 in hexa whitch is 555555
My line in start.bat is like this

Code:
start /affinity 555555 hodlminer_AVX2_AES -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://roi.suprnova.cc:4699 -u maxente.maxente -p 1234 -q

Now my processor is working on 50% max and i notice the hash rate is going to 1180h/s. Till now rarely i was seeing 1030 - 1050h/s
The funny thing is that if i whant to use the odd processors cpu1, cpu3, ​​cpu5, cpu7... cpu23 the hash rate is no more than 400 -450h/s.

Thanks alot @TheRaster and @2DRacox !
If you're CPU mining ROI coin we just released a new tutorial video that will show you how to increase your hash rate while saving energy at the same time!

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bx6SIG6_70

Many thanks to TheRaster for putting these awesome tutorial videos together!

Hello and thank you for the trick!. With this I have got managed to work six processors to mine, something that before did not let me and then was limited to using only five
Now I want to share with all you what I consulted to set affinity via batch, it's achieved by adding to the beginning of the line where the miner is configured as follows:

Code:
start /affinity XX yourminer.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://.....

The 'XX' are used to choose the processors they want to configure. It's a hexadecimal number that is assembled from a binary number:

For example, assuming that someone has an 8-core processor:
-If you want to run the first 7 processors (cpu0, cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, ​​..., cpu6), the binary number would look like this: 01111111
-if you want to run the first 6 processors, the binary number would look like this: 00111111 (cpu0, cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, ​​..., cpu5)
-The first 5: 00011111
-The first 4: 00001111
-The odd processors (cpu1, cpu3, ​​cpu5, cpu7): 10101010
-Even processors (cpu0, cpu2, cpu4, cpu6, just like in the video): 01010101
and so as you want to configure

After you have that binary number, the next thing I said before is to pass it to hexadecimal. You can use a calculator for that purpose, or if you want to do it manually, all you need to do is split the binary number into groups of 4 digits, so if the binary of the even processors is 10101010, then 0101 0101 is left. Remove the zeros to the left surplus of each group, for the example would be 101 101 and finally look for those two numbers the equivalent in hexadecimal (table of binary conversion to hexadecimal here: https://www.calculadoraconversor.com/binario-a-hexadecimal. So if 101 = A, then the 'XX' for this case would be 'AA'

In the end, the line would be like this to permanently use the even processors in an 8-core PC:
Code:
start /affinity AA yourminer.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://.....
 Smiley

Thankyou for your added info there 2DRacox....

However I my self have done this. Its something that just dont seem to want to work with the hodl cpu miner. Its not a problem I dont mind setting the affinity manual in the way I shown in the vid. Its just down to the windows groups in regards to the cpu sockets. Sadly the commands for windows cpu sockets dont work in the way they should. The commands go in and stay but they dont do anything for this miner. Its not a problem. So dont worry,

I just hope that the guys who code the miners such as Wolf0 take note of this vid and see there is much room to improve there code.

Raster.
Activity: 29
If you're CPU mining ROI coin we just released a new tutorial video that will show you how to increase your hash rate while saving energy at the same time!

Hello and thank you for the trick!. With this I have got managed to work six processors to mine, something that before did not let me and then was limited to using only five
Now I want to share with all you what I consulted to set affinity via batch, it's achieved by adding to the beginning of the line where the miner is configured as follows:

Code:
start /affinity XX yourminer.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://.....

The 'XX' are used to choose the processors they want to configure. It's a hexadecimal number that is assembled from a binary number:

For example, assuming that someone has an 8-core processor:
-If you want to run the first 7 processors (cpu0, cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, ​​..., cpu6), the binary number would look like this: 01111111
-if you want to run the first 6 processors, the binary number would look like this: 00111111 (cpu0, cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, ​​..., cpu5)
-The first 5: 00011111
-The first 4: 00001111
-The odd processors (cpu1, cpu3, ​​cpu5, cpu7): 10101010
-Even processors (cpu0, cpu2, cpu4, cpu6, just like in the video): 01010101
and so as you want to configure

After you have that binary number, the next thing I said before is to pass it to hexadecimal. You can use a calculator for that purpose, or if you want to do it manually, all you need to do is split the binary number into groups of 4 digits, so if the binary of the even processors is 10101010, then 0101 0101 is left. Remove the zeros to the left surplus of each group, for the example would be 101 101 and finally look for those two numbers the equivalent in hexadecimal (table of binary conversion to hexadecimal here: https://www.calculadoraconversor.com/binario-a-hexadecimal. So if 101 = A, then the 'XX' for this case would be 'AA'

In the end, the line would be like this to permanently use the even processors in an 8-core PC:
Code:
start /affinity AA yourminer.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://.....
Smiley

If I helped you, buy me a beer   RXvhazgMwxX3FtvujEp8fk3fF4uny573YS

Quick update:

• Press release is submitted.
  • Ads are running at Twitter
  • Facebook declined advertising.
  • Google & YouTube declined advertising.
  • Created a new Telegram channel for official annoucements at http://t.me/ROI_coin (ANN updated)
  • Created a new Telegram group for the community at https://t.me/joinchat/I0JIzQ72Fz6EWWAMwQURhQ (ANN updated)

Why the decline?
I can still see many Cryptocurrency advertisement in Youtube and Google.

All I can tell you is at Facebook I submitted a post to be boosted and it was flat declined.
At Google I called them and was told I can't pay for pay per click or video ads for the coin.
At Twitter I had no problem at all and ads are running right now.
Activity: 102
Quick update:

• Press release is submitted.
  • Ads are running at Twitter
  • Facebook declined advertising.
  • Created a new Telegram channel for official annoucements at http://t.me/ROI_coin (ANN updated)
  • Created a new Telegram group for the community at https://t.me/joinchat/I0JIzQ72Fz6EWWAMwQURhQ (ANN updated)

What about redtube then?
Just a vid on how to lower your Roi Coin mining power costs.

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/7Bx6SIG6_70
Pages:
Jump to: