Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 61. (Read 107961 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

Glad to hear it!

You can know one thing for sure... the ROI dev team does not want the coin to have any issues and especially an emergency issue such as this. But the reality is there have been a few issues and of course this most recent problem. All I can say is know this, while the community eats dinner, gets a good nights rest, etc. many nights now the ROI dev team is wide awake drinking coffee, discussing matters, writing code and testing. The ROI dev team cannot promise you there will never be any issue but what we can promise you is that we are fully dedicated and committed to do the very best we can to address any problems as quickly and professionally as possible!

I have to admit that I am impressed with commitment of ROI dev's. They are always accessible and working hard to have everything working flawlessly. Thank you for all your hard work.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I applied the patch, it's work Smiley

Thanks
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Important Update:

Release Notes Version 1.1.3.000:

Warning: You do not need to install this update if your block chain height matches our block explorer.

This hotfix addresses a windows bug with fee calculation precision quirks. This fix was already part of our upcoming v1.2.0 release.

If you are a Windows user please download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip and update immediately. For your convenience we have included exhaustive directions in both Word document and PDF format. If you are a non Windows user and happen to be impacted by these events please submit the details of your issue at https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our Website by visiting https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our GitHub by visiting https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

I just did it all per instructions and I'm back in shape. Wallet is in sync with block explorer.
I was done by step 19.

Glad to hear it!

You can know one thing for sure... the ROI dev team does not want the coin to have any issues and especially an emergency issue such as this. But the reality is there have been a few issues and of course this most recent problem. All I can say is know this, while the community eats dinner, gets a good nights rest, etc. many nights now the ROI dev team is wide awake drinking coffee, discussing matters, writing code and testing. The ROI dev team cannot promise you there will never be any issue but what we can promise you is that we are fully dedicated and committed to do the very best we can to address any problems as quickly and professionally as possible!
Important Update:

Warning: You do not need to install this update if your block chain height matches our block explorer.

This hotfix addresses a windows bug with fee calculation precision quirks. This fix was already part of our upcoming v1.2.0 release.

If you are a Windows user please download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip and update immediately. For your convenience we have included exhaustive directions in both Word document and PDF format. If you are a non Windows user and happen to be impacted by these events please submit the details of your issue at https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our Website by visiting https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our GitHub by visiting https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

I just did it all per instructions and I'm back in shape. Wallet is in sync with block explorer.
I was done by step 19.
Important Update:

Activity: 137
Merit: 10
some news?

The fork happend at block 48471 we found the fork fast yesterday around 20 blocks after it happened the dev team became aware of it.

The team have found the problem in the wallet code that made the fork happen and they are fixing it as we speek. It should not take to long however nodes will need to be updated and that will take time.

Raster.

EDIT:

testing a hotpatch fix this morning Cheesy

So is it ok to start pool mining now or we should wait for further notice ?

As long as your machine and the pool you are using are at the correct block height you should be just fine to mine away. Be sure to verify blockheight at the official blockexplorer for ROI.

Also a quick update to the community:

The dev team is working on a windows patch for affected clients that will require a re-sync with a known good peer at the right height, i.e. any of our seeds or block explorer.

The patch is being tested now as I type and we are working hard to get it ready for the community as soon as we can.

When the patch is ready it will be made available along with the instructions so that you can get back up and running.

So both block explorers are on the right chain?
So right now current block is 49072?

Yes both ROI block explorers are on the right chain so be sure to use them to check that your wallet is in good shape.

Ok. Then i'm on the wrong chain. Sad
some news?

The fork happend at block 48471 we found the fork fast yesterday around 20 blocks after it happened the dev team became aware of it.

The team have found the problem in the wallet code that made the fork happen and they are fixing it as we speek. It should not take to long however nodes will need to be updated and that will take time.

Raster.

EDIT:

As long as your machine and the pool you are using are at the correct block height you should be just fine to mine away. Be sure to verify blockheight at the official blockexplorer for ROI.

The dev team is working on a windows patch for affected clients that will require a re-sync with a known good peer at the right height, i.e. any of our seeds or block explorer.

The patch is being tested now as I type and we are working hard to get it ready for the community as soon as we can.

When the patch is ready it will be made available along with the instructions so that you can get back up and running.

Yes both ROI block explorers are on the right chain so be sure to use them to check that your wallet is in good shape.
Activity: 137
some news?

Raster.

EDIT:

some news?

Raster.

EDIT:

Activity: 107
some news?

Raster.

EDIT:

Activity: 391
Merit: 14
some news?

Raster.

EDIT:

Activity: 66
how many total coin?

From what i recall, the total supply of the coin is 1 billion. But i do not know for sure.
Activity: 160
Hello World!
Activity: 35
Is there any news, the wallet is not synchronized, a difference of 40 units with pool?
Activity: 11
How long should it take to receive coins from an exchange transfer? I purchased some today on CryptoHub and then sent it to my ROI wallet using the receiving address. I just downloaded the wallet today so it should be current. It's been over 3 hours since CryptoHub showed the transaction 'confirmed by blockchain.' Is it normal to take this long?
Activity: 142
Merit: 11
Is it still safe to solo mine with the wallet? Or should i close it?

Give us a minute we are working on it right now...
Activity: 86
Is it still safe to solo mine with the wallet? Or should i close it?
Activity: 107
Yeap wallet not sycn with explorer block. I too stopped pool mining. Let us know when its safe to mine again   
Houston we have a problem!

A quick check in console for getchaintips...

getchaintips

14:13:34

{
"height" : 48613,
"hash" : "0000004830af8e0589a64ca33084f6934e0dec1816e3a6063cdffbc3cc73355a",
"branchlen" : 142,
"status" : "headers-only"
},
{
"height" : 48561,
"hash" : "00000116b735af54129694c68725f64bc30391c533df1af7924befa1415288b3",
"branchlen" : 0,
"status" : "active"
},

It looks like both pools have forked the coin and are moving way ahead on a branch that is not active.

Good to know. I'll stop mining in a pool right away until Houston gets it fixed.
Pages:
Jump to: