Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 60. (Read 107961 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
OK - I just downloaded the hotfix and have read the instructions so I shall answer my own question in case anybody out there is confused by what has just happened like I was.

Point 16 says
16. After fully synchronizing hover your mouse over the green check mark in the lower right corner of the wallet and note the block number. Now compare that number to the official block explorer and make sure they match. The block explorer is HERE (https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/)

My comments - my little tick was not green - it is black - perhaps that shows it is out of sync?

I still think this should be the first line on the hotfix download page to aid people in checking without having to read through the forum threads or download the hotfix first.
Activity: 2
Well done devs. All update to date again.
But i just saw this on the pool and how can this be CPU mining?
https://image.ibb.co/iVhbgw/roicoinwhale.jpg

Hi madmanali! This high hashrates are normally bought via nicehash. You pay BTC and get big hashrate from nicehash which you can use for your mining. I don't like this, but that's part of the business. Smiley

Yea i agree Marv, i was mining XMG Magi for 2-3 yrs (20coins a day) and suddenly it went up abit and now alot of whales have started mining it and the Difficulty went through the roof... (0.01 coin a day) so now small miners cant make anything from mining the coin.
Suprnova pool dnt block ppl with high hashrates... this allowed nicehash style mining to kill the community.
Wanted to advertise ROICOIN on the XMG Magi board to try pulling people over and create interest.
Would be nice to see our pools put a ban on whale like hashrates to keep this coin in the community and grow stronger.
Activity: 19
I applied the hotfix and I'm in sync with explorer again. Thanks devs!
Is it safe to solo mine again?

Yes just as long as you match the official block explorer mine all you want!

Can somebody please be explicit on the command that should be typed into the consol (or the best method) to compare the wallet blockheight against the blockchain. I am sure I am not the only one who is not fully clued up on this type of thing. At the moment this is not very clear and really it should be the first thing that is listed on the hotfix download page to make sure that we are not hotfixing unnecessarily.

Thanks
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
Well done devs. All update to date again.

Hi madmanali! This high hashrates are normally bought via nicehash. You pay BTC and get big hashrate from nicehash which you can use for your mining. I don't like this, but that's part of the business. Smiley
Activity: 2
Well done devs. All upto date again.
https://image.ibb.co/iVhbgw/roicoinwhale.jpg
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
nice job Devs! Thanks for all your efforts! Really shows the quality of ROI!
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
The patch worked for my wallet, but my son's wallet lost all the coins that he mined the last two days. His wallet is currently on the right block. Could we have done something wrong that would cause this? Can we fix it? It was only 720 coins, but that's a lot for him.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sent you a PM here so please respond so I can help you diagnose this issue and get everything taken care of quickly Cheesy

Thank you, DisasterFaster. I cannot reply again to your PM as I have a 2 per day limit. All is resolved now and I greatly appreciate your help!

If you have time, could you answer another question for us? My son's hashrate was 160 when he started mining a couple of days ago, then he followed your instructions and increased it to 260. However, when he installed the patch his hashrate went down to 140 and adding that text again didn't work. Is there a different way to do it that will work with the patch?

Please send me a screenshot that shows the text he added okay.

The patch would have zero impact on mining hash. Maybe he did not leave a space in front of the flag or misspelled it or forgot the leading dash who knows...
The patch worked for my wallet, but my son's wallet lost all the coins that he mined the last two days. His wallet is currently on the right block. Could we have done something wrong that would cause this? Can we fix it? It was only 720 coins, but that's a lot for him.

Sent you a PM here so please respond so I can help you diagnose this issue and get everything taken care of quickly Cheesy

Thank you, DisasterFaster. I cannot reply again to your PM as I have a 2 per day limit. All is resolved now and I greatly appreciate your help!

If you have time, could you answer another question for us? My son's hashrate was 160 when he started mining a couple of days ago, then he followed your instructions and increased it to 260. However, when he installed the patch his hashrate went down to 140 and adding that text again didn't work. Is there a different way to do it that will work with the patch?

Please send me a screenshot that shows the text he added okay.
some news?

The fork happend at block 48471 we found the fork fast yesterday around 20 blocks after it happened the dev team became aware of it.

The team have found the problem in the wallet code that made the fork happen and they are fixing it as we speek. It should not take to long however nodes will need to be updated and that will take time.

Raster.

EDIT:

testing a hotpatch fix this morning Cheesy

So is it ok to start pool mining now or we should wait for further notice ?

Yes don't you worry about those you won't have any issues at all.

As long as your machine and the pool you are using are at the correct block height you should be just fine to mine away. Be sure to verify blockheight at the official blockexplorer for ROI.

Also a quick update to the community:

The dev team is working on a windows patch for affected clients that will require a re-sync with a known good peer at the right height, i.e. any of our seeds or block explorer.

The patch is being tested now as I type and we are working hard to get it ready for the community as soon as we can.

When the patch is ready it will be made available along with the instructions so that you can get back up and running.

Thank you for the update.

I have my coins locked in a 3 month term deposit. They will be unaffected by the fork correct?

You will have no issues with those coins no worries.
Activity: 11

Activity: 868
Merit: 279
some news?

The fork happend at block 48471 we found the fork fast yesterday around 20 blocks after it happened the dev team became aware of it.

The team have found the problem in the wallet code that made the fork happen and they are fixing it as we speek. It should not take to long however nodes will need to be updated and that will take time.

Raster.

EDIT:

testing a hotpatch fix this morning Cheesy

So is it ok to start pool mining now or we should wait for further notice ?

As long as your machine and the pool you are using are at the correct block height you should be just fine to mine away. Be sure to verify blockheight at the official blockexplorer for ROI.

Also a quick update to the community:

The dev team is working on a windows patch for affected clients that will require a re-sync with a known good peer at the right height, i.e. any of our seeds or block explorer.

The patch is being tested now as I type and we are working hard to get it ready for the community as soon as we can.

When the patch is ready it will be made available along with the instructions so that you can get back up and running.

Thank you for the update.

I have my coins locked in a 3 month term deposit. They will be unaffected by the fork correct?

Yes just as long as you match the official block explorer mine all you want!
Activity: 31
Hi! I pool mining on a main wallet and send coin to other wallet, did i still can send to these wallet and upgrade them later?

The first thing you must do is make sure any pool, wallet, etc you are using match the block height of our official block explorer.

If there is mismatch then hold off and if the match is good then continue as you please.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
Hi! I pool mining on a main wallet and send coin to other wallet, did i still can send to these wallet and upgrade them later?

Activity: 107
Important Update:

Release Notes Version 1.1.3.000:

Warning: You do not need to install this update if your block chain height matches our block explorer.

This hotfix addresses a windows bug with fee calculation precision quirks. This fix was already part of our upcoming v1.2.0 release.

If you are a Windows user please download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip and update immediately. For your convenience we have included exhaustive directions in both Word document and PDF format. If you are a non Windows user and happen to be impacted by these events please submit the details of your issue at https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our Website by visiting https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads

You can download ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.zip at our GitHub by visiting https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

I just did it all per instructions and I'm back in shape. Wallet is in sync with block explorer.
I was done by step 19.

Glad to hear it!

You can know one thing for sure... the ROI dev team does not want the coin to have any issues and especially an emergency issue such as this. But the reality is there have been a few issues and of course this most recent problem. All I can say is know this, while the community eats dinner, gets a good nights rest, etc. many nights now the ROI dev team is wide awake drinking coffee, discussing matters, writing code and testing. The ROI dev team cannot promise you there will never be any issue but what we can promise you is that we are fully dedicated and committed to do the very best we can to address any problems as quickly and professionally as possible!

Excellent work again by the Devs they are very quick to solve the problem really appreciated. Programs and codes can always have problems but the important thing is how quickly you can fix that and you guys so far doing that wonderfully. I really hope this coin become successful soon so that all your hard works will get rewarded   
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
For them who are having problems getting the hotfix to work follow this:

So short easy way to fix.
1: Download new hotfix wallet ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.exe
2: Find Appdata folder and backup wallet file. Then deleate all files and put wallet file back in the appdata folder.
3: make a .bat file and paste the following in to it.
ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1 -rescan -zapwallettxes=2 -connect=46.101.241.241 -maxconnections=1
Save and run the .bat
It will run and download the correct blockchain.
Then close and run the ROIcoin-qt-v113-hotfix1.exe as you would any other time.
Fixed.

Hope this helps you.

Raster.
The patch fixed my wallet and I received my transfer. Thanks for the detailed instructions!

One question - the check mark on my wallet still isn't green even though the block numbers match, is that a problem? My son's isn't green either, although he is still getting coins from mining, so I'm not sure it's an issue.

Thanks again!
Pages:
Jump to: