Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 145. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 03, 2014, 05:37:26 AM
This coin is VERY interesting!

You know, it's quite transparent of you to tell us that projects need money to function. You're very right that an experienced team can't just give up their time and effort for fresh air. Everyone has to be able to afford to live.

Creating a product and a community takes time and a lot of effort. A LOT.

You seem very enthusiastic and positive about your project. I'd love to invest, in fact I'm quite foaming at the mouth to invest! However the I fear I've missed the ICO in the timescale that I have left to raise the funds to invest.

Ah well, looks like I'll be mining the shit out of this Smiley

Good luck! I'll be watching this with a close eye Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 02, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

3/10 17:00 EST ICO ends

Launch will be 24 hours or so after ICO ends, I will have an exact time set soon.

So approximate Launch/mining time is
3/11 17:00 EST Launch and mining begins

dev are you sure?
24 hours after 3/10 is 4/10 and not 3/11  Cool

Ha ha... smart alec Tongue Someone must've been trying to sabotage the coin launch by switching my coffee to decaf!!
Yes the date would be 4/10... will have a countdown as soon as the ICO is done.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 02, 2014, 03:13:22 PM

Launch will be 24 hours or so after ICO ends, I will have an exact time set soon.

dev are you sure?
24 hours after 3/10 is 4/10 and not 3/11  Cool
0_0
October 02, 2014, 03:09:42 PM
0.7btc per coin at this moment?
that means by end of ICO, price may go to 1 btc and then drop to 0.1 soon.

Although it seemed interesting to me, the price made me wonder and I will not even mine it.
I will just sit watching.

I wish you good luck but I strongly believe this will fail big time.

Please do not consider my comment as FUD. It's just my thought.

Even a drop to .1 is a killer price I think. Do correct me if im wrong, but the growth phase can give about 1000 seeds in a seven day stake if all works out perfectly. Lets say you dont even go all the way and decide to sell it after it becomes something like 600 seeds. And the price goes down way down to .005 BTC or something at the time. Your 600 seeds is worth 600 x .005 BTC = 3 BTC then.

Remember its not like everything is over after the growth. That is just the distribution to all the investors and the changing of hands, etc. It is still a rare coin after that, and the real value will come with the developments, announcements, etc. that will take its due course. Its quite hard to speculate now even with this price. If a majority chooses not to take it out of their staking wallets, The market price will definitely be higher than .005 BTC (in this example).

You may be right. My bad I didn't read the full description. Just saw 1000 coins, 0.1 coin per block, and 0.7btc (yesterday) per coin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
October 02, 2014, 03:01:19 PM
Just checking up on the thread, and am I ever glad I bought during the ICO phase. I have heard so many people say they will be mining this, and now seeing how many respectable pools will be hosting it. There is going to be so much competition during the mining period. This is going to be a popcorn week Smiley

October 02, 2014, 12:46:56 PM
can you please add a countdown to mining phase

We havent fixed a time yet for when the mining would start yet. This is because the number of coins is dependant on the number of ICO coins sold, and the wallet compiled and tested after that. But we are approximating 24 hours after the ICO closes. I have updated the OP with the countdown on the ICO closing. You can see it here:

COUNTDOWN
Activity: 232
October 02, 2014, 08:41:25 AM
Correct me if I am wrong staking period starts after PoW period, which is between 3 oct -10 oct.
So approximately the  staking period starts from 10 oct and the 269% staking period starts from block 10101 - 20100?

Regards Anoxy
Activity: 631
Former SuchPool Admin
October 02, 2014, 07:51:37 AM
can you please add a countdown to mining phase
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
October 01, 2014, 07:05:20 PM

Although it seemed interesting to me, the price made me wonder and I will not even mine it.

Even a drop to .1 is a killer price I think. Do correct me if im wrong, but the growth phase can give about 1000 seeds in a seven day stake if all works out perfectly. Lets say you dont even go all the way and decide to sell it after it becomes something like 600 seeds. And the price goes down way down to .005 BTC or something at the time. Your 600 seeds is worth 600 x .005 BTC = 3 BTC then.

Remember its not like everything is over after the growth. That is just the distribution to all the investors and the changing of hands, etc. It is still a rare coin after that, and the real value will come with the developments, announcements, etc. that will take its due course. Its quite hard to speculate now even with this price. If a majority chooses not to take it out of their staking wallets, The market price will definitely be higher than .005 BTC (in this example).
0_0
October 01, 2014, 05:40:01 PM

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 01, 2014, 02:35:46 PM
Hi dev can you post a simple time-line with dates and hours of the next steps (instead of saying 1 day this or 7 days that)

Something like this will be great:

3/10 22:00 ICO ends
3/10 22:00 Mining starts

This will be really helpful!

Thank you.

Thank you!
I was kinda hoping you would put the staking periods as well Smiley Smiley
October 01, 2014, 01:38:03 PM
Hi dev can you post a simple time-line with dates and hours of the next steps (instead of saying 1 day this or 7 days that)

Thank you.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 01, 2014, 01:05:56 PM

Thank you.
September 30, 2014, 01:57:21 PM
And then the wallet will be release so we can start staking? Smiley

regards Anoxy

You got it Wink

Does the staking begin as soon as the wallet is released or is their going to be a mining period as stated in the original post (or will it be both POW and POS at the same time?)

Is Cryptzo the only developer or is their a team behind you? (Doing the actual developing for the coin, not including the Pink coin dev team)

What's the plan for the coin?  Other then trying to be a fair distribution what will be the selling features of the coin?

Will there be mining pools up when the POW mining phase starts?

Thanks

The staking period begins on block 1440, 1 day after the mining period begins. Mining and staking will take place simultaneously, but the staking during this time will only be for 1%. It's intended to provide a tactical advantage for people that bought coins to reduce the number of mined coins, as every staked block replaces what would have otherwise been a mined block. It also gives people that are unfamiliar with the staking process the opportunity to become familiar with it, as it is critical during the growth period.

There's two other developers behind me, but their role is more or less supportive at this point, but they are prepared to take on a larger role depending on the success of the coin.

The plan was to raise enough btc to be able to set a hard market floor, and take the coin straight to market as a coin that's value is backed directly with btc. Ultimately though, the real goal is to tap every aspect of the growing seed mentality and apply that to every aspect of the coin. As far as the coin itself goes, 'growth' stops with the growing period, and goes into maturity where it grows much more slowly.

Development wise I'd like to keep the wallet as lightweight as possible, but we're exploring options there at the moment. I'm looking at ways to reduce the blockchain footprint and extend ease of use.

Yes there will be pools up from the start, or very shortly (minutes) after the mining phase begins. The initial 100 blocks will have no reward, so everyone will have an opportunity to be able to mine from the very beginning.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 30, 2014, 10:24:01 AM

regards Anoxy

You got it Wink

Does the staking begin as soon as the wallet is released or is their going to be a mining period as stated in the original post (or will it be both POW and POS at the same time?)

Is Cryptzo the only developer or is their a team behind you? (Doing the actual developing for the coin, not including the Pink coin dev team)

What's the plan for the coin?  Other then trying to be a fair distribution what will be the selling features of the coin?

Will there be mining pools up when the POW mining phase starts?

Thanks
September 29, 2014, 11:09:08 PM
what's the current ipo price?

a little expensive?

The price is on a rising scale that goes up hourly. The current price can be found at http://seed-coin.com/ if you click on the 'I.C.O.' tab at the bottom.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
September 29, 2014, 10:00:43 PM
what's the current ipo price?

a little expensive?
September 29, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

regards Anoxy

You got it Wink