Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 146. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 29, 2014, 06:14:15 PM
So when will the ICO end?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 29, 2014, 06:07:42 PM
Haha, whoa, there was an early seedcoin from 2013 that died: SDC

http://www.seedcoin.org/

Yeah lol. 2013 - Pretty sure that website was made in the 90's. Not surprised it died.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
September 29, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
Haha, whoa, there was an early seedcoin from 2013 that died: SDC

http://www.seedcoin.org/
September 29, 2014, 05:30:57 PM
500 BTC ICO is way too optimistic in this market.  It's borderline delusional.  No offense to the Seed coin team at all.  I like the concept behind Seed and I love to see something new being offered.  But look at ARCH... with it's amazing branding, design, whitepapers, partnerships, etc... it has only raised just over 300 BTC so far after nearly a full month of consistent hype. 

Maybe if the majority of ICOs / IPOs had not been complete disasters or scams within the last few months, 500 BTC would have been reasonable.  Volume in crypto is just too low right now, and overall confidence in crypto is even lower. With that said, I sincerely hope Seed helps turn things around.

As sad as this is, it's true. Math never lies, and the numbers you came up with can lead to a great concept and coin that truly benefits the early adopters and those willing to stake their coins rather than trade them. I hope it does not come down to simply being a coin that was a launched at a less then optimal time. Like Altpocalypse said, Seed has the potential to turn things around, but will people trust/acknowledge it?

Thank you both. I am going to continue being optimistic on this one. I knew from day 1 that there were many scenarios, and ways this could play out. Raising the minimum in ICO obviously being the best case scenario, though not raising it is no where near the worse case scenario.

The plan and idea from day 1 is to leave it up to the community to decide how it all unravels. Not even I can know what to expect at this point.
Activity: 29
September 29, 2014, 03:03:10 PM
I bought a few Seed coins immediately after the ICO opened.  I was one of the first to buy.  And I'll be staking as soon as possible.
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
September 29, 2014, 02:48:06 PM
500 BTC ICO is way too optimistic in this market.  It's borderline delusional.  No offense to the Seed coin team at all.  I like the concept behind Seed and I love to see something new being offered.  But look at ARCH... with it's amazing branding, design, whitepapers, partnerships, etc... it has only raised just over 300 BTC so far after nearly a full month of consistent hype. 

Maybe if the majority of ICOs / IPOs had not been complete disasters or scams within the last few months, 500 BTC would have been reasonable.  Volume in crypto is just too low right now, and overall confidence in crypto is even lower. With that said, I sincerely hope Seed helps turn things around.

As sad as this is, it's true. Math never lies, and the numbers you came up with can lead to a great concept and coin that truly benefits the early adopters and those willing to stake their coins rather than trade them. I hope it does not come down to simply being a coin that was a launched at a less then optimal time. Like Altpocalypse said, Seed has the potential to turn things around, but will people trust/acknowledge it?
September 29, 2014, 02:00:07 PM

Activity: 882
Merit: 502
September 29, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Is there a point where you will decide that you have not sold enough during the ICO? I see it's just over 60 so far, not near enough for your 500BTC target. I guess you need to sell a few thousand to get to that point.

The coin will be produced and maintained regardless of the amount of BTC raised. Below 500BTC raised, all funds raised will be used for ongoing development. 500 or above and 50% of it will be used as a buywall that backs the value of every coin produced during the Growth period.

For investors like myself, we should be doing everything we can to get our friends and other people to invest during the ICO phase. I know I would love to have a 250 BTC buy wall at 0.00012500 just for making it to 500BTC in the ICO. Am I correct in assuming, looking at the website that is the ICO were to make it to 1,000 BTC, there would be a buy wall of 500BTC at 0.00025000?
September 29, 2014, 04:09:16 AM
Is there a point where you will decide that you have not sold enough during the ICO? I see it's just over 60 so far, not near enough for your 500BTC target. I guess you need to sell a few thousand to get to that point.

The coin will be produced and maintained regardless of the amount of BTC raised. Below 500BTC raised, all funds raised will be used for ongoing development. 500 or above and 50% of it will be used as a buywall that backs the value of every coin produced during the Growth period.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 29, 2014, 02:55:49 AM
September 28, 2014, 11:58:30 PM
I have done some calculations and feel it is in our best interest to freeze the ICO price where it is for a little while. So for now, the price hikes are paused, and the ICO will remain at 0.345BTC

I get what you're saying, but why change your mind now?  You clearly did those calculations before launching.  You knew exactly where the price would be at this point in time.  Part of the idea was to reward early adopters, but now you're changing the announcement on the fly because you haven't raised enough BTC so far during the ICO?

I agree completely. That is a terrible move to do for the early investors. It also sucks for the person who just bought in prior to you freezing the price. If it were me I would be pissed.

Yes, you are both correct. I should not have bent the rules to try and even the playing field.
September 28, 2014, 11:55:45 PM
I have done some calculations and feel it is in our best interest to freeze the ICO price where it is for a little while. So for now, the price hikes are paused, and the ICO will remain at 0.345BTC

I get what you're saying, but why change your mind now?  You clearly did those calculations before launching.  You knew exactly where the price would be at this point in time.  Part of the idea was to reward early adopters, but now you're changing the announcement on the fly because you haven't raised enough BTC so far during the ICO?

It's still rewarding the early adopters, I just wanted to make the cost of mining more inline w/ the cost of ICO as to not have such a tremendous disparity and to allow for a much fairer distribution of the coin.

But you are right, and it changed nothing anyways. I will unfreeze the ICO.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 28, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

I agree completely. That is a terrible move to do for the early investors. It also sucks for the person who just bought in prior to you freezing the price. If it were me I would be pissed.
September 28, 2014, 11:09:40 PM

September 28, 2014, 09:02:16 PM
September 28, 2014, 07:15:10 PM
Hi,
I am a little bit confused.
I downloaded the wallet qt and and bought Seedcoin.
But how do I create a private key in the wallet for my wallet address?
A guide would be appreciated.

regards Anoxy

New wallet will just replace the current address wallet, no user intervention necessary.
There will be no priv key process unless you're not on windows.
Activity: 232
September 28, 2014, 11:41:27 AM
Hi,
I am a little bit confused.
I downloaded the wallet qt and and bought Seedcoin.
But how do I create a private key in the wallet for my wallet address?
A guide would be appreciated.

regards Anoxy
September 28, 2014, 10:05:57 AM
Hi dev...

I bought a seed with an address I made with the script you posted before.
After the ICO, how will I import my seed to the wallet for staking?

Is it like with the bitcoin-qt?

Thanks!
I'm sure cryptzo can confirm this but its as simple as opening the debug console window in the wallet and typing "importprivkey PastePrivateKey" obviously replace PastePrivateKey with the one provided on the script and also remove the ""

confirmed, it is quite simple.
Activity: 53
September 27, 2014, 09:53:22 PM
looks good
Activity: 150
September 27, 2014, 09:52:19 PM
Hi dev...

I bought a seed with an address I made with the script you posted before.
After the ICO, how will I import my seed to the wallet for staking?

Is it like with the bitcoin-qt?

Thanks!
I'm sure cryptzo can confirm this but its as simple as opening the debug console window in the wallet and typing "importprivkey PastePrivateKey" obviously replace PastePrivateKey with the one provided on the script and also remove the ""
Jump to: